Looking Back on Skill Capes, A whole Year Ago

DRUMINATOR17

I haven't got a chance to go through the conversation yet, but i'll just add a little historical info.

food for thought

2006:

skill%20capes%20total.jpg

That is really cool. So in the past year, there have been 250 people go for 99 construction and about that much go for 99 rc. Then 20000 people have gone for 99 fletching/cooking.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot more people started training Cooking and Fletching mainly imo to get a cape.

But in other skills aswell. The Capes were a really nice push to train a skill to 99 and show off with it.

Before it, there was no real 'Cool' thing about it, you had a 99-skill, so what? Check it out in the highscores.

Ofcourse it was nice to see, but you were pretty much the only one who could enjoy it.

The capes made you look pretty, and have great stats aswell.

It was and still is a nice update.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

I had the quest cape when it came out, but I wanted a trimmed achievement cape for one reason and one reason alone: prayer bonus.

Cooking was the easy path to my first 99, and besides, I had 10k raw sharks in my bank I wanted to cook without burning.

My second was Farming, because it's a favorite skill. It didn't take as long as I thought it would, and because I purchased frugally, it didn't break my bank either.

Attack was technically a third "goal," mostly because I was already close to the 99 anyway.

Now it's Herblore, my 2nd favorite skill and an excellent complement to Farming. I have 4 levels to go, but I am still taking time out to examine the new updates -- I did the Varrock Achievement Diary when that hit, and the new Jade Vine quest. Fortunately, the levels are going relatively quickly.

While I didn't "need" the last 2, one was just a consequence of doing Slayer missions in Attack mode, and the other is a personal conceit. Of course, I also look forward to the days when Jagex releases ultra-high level content for either Farming or Herblore, and I will be ready to take advantage of it -- they already released items beyond my Fletching level (which was at 90 for Magic Longbows), so I expect eventually we will see level 90/95 Farming and Herblore content.

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

IMO, I think Skill Capes were super morale boosters for the people who were aspiring to get 99 in skills they liked before they were released.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Of course it has, and ALOT!

1) Prices changed for basically all the items used in training.

2) Basically everyone now have a goal which theire actively going for - a skillcape so they can show off. For example, before they would stop at 97 or 98 - it still would be enough to show off with if anyone checked highscores.. But now - if you don't have the skillcape yet, it's not enough to be 'cool'.

And personally, it gives me more the reason to train..The day they got released I got my QuestCape, struggled with RatCatchers.. And bought stuff for 99 fletch which had been 97 for ages. :)

Profins.png

specty.png

wow. shows that i wasted one more year of my life on runescape. lol, but achievement capes did become very popular, and the runescape economy did change a lot after that, but now, achievement capes aren't as prized imo.

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

Lol, I started cooking a couple months before the update, and was relaxed about it. I got to 91 around the time of the update, and after cooking capes were so common, but it on hold. I pretty much stopped cooking because of the update...

Tetris is about using the equal force of the working power to build up the glorious people's republic of Russia....

ur right it's ridiculous how many ppl want 99 skills now i know my friends have obsessed about it and i myself as well, it has and forever will change the game! :XD:

yodaxq1.jpg

There's no such thing as "wireless." Just really long extension cords.