RuneScape's Reputation - What Is It Like For You?

Skully

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for me, i'm not overly popular, not an outcast either, just a guy everyone knows and gets along with.

However, only my closest friends know I play as most people think that people who play are instantly nerds or uncool to be near.

I wonder how they would react if I told them :-k

sfhgjfyjruytkubb2.jpg
if you said "runescape" at my school, seeing that 90% of the population there are rednecks, they'd be like "whats that", me: "a computer game online", "eh!? oh one of those thinga-ma-gigers mrs clark got on her desk? a compooter?

I enjoy mindless repetitive tasks, which is most of what I do on RuneScape. I don't really play it a whole lot to meet people or use in a conversation, so I just don't mention it.

Most people either don't know about RuneScape or think it's a game for children. I don't consider it that, it's entertainment and what you do on it is irrelevant.

If anyone watches or sees me playing it they normally will say something about it. However, normally I just get a comment on why I'm playing a game called Run Escape. Then they normally bash the simplistic and low quality graphics thinking that if it had bad graphics that it MUST be a horrible game.

Kaejer.png

I am a "C" student at an academic school and when I first started playing was because of multiple riends playing. Most of them graduted and when some underclassman sneered at me about Runescape cause they saw I was on tip.it I stood up grabbed two of them and simply said, " Yes, I play Runescape. Is that a problem?" And I am a somewhat popular Senior wrestler so they got scared apologized and left and I have only heard good things about numerous people trying it out now.

I know a lot of people have started after it spread that I played through High School gossip. So at my school Runescape is cool.

nopheo.png

Nopheo.png

Although my son is the one to introduced me to RS, he now thinks thereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s something wrong with me because I play RS so much.

Son: Dad, you play too much Runescape.

Me: No I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t. I play in my free time. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s just all of my free time. If I wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t doing this, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d be watching TV or something.

Son: I still think that you play Runescape way too much.

Me: You just say that because you me to play the PS2 with you instead.

Son: Yeah? So?

:boohoo:

lmao gf, son. :XD:

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

...when some underclassman sneered at me about Runescape cause they saw I was on tip.it I stood up grabbed two of them and simply said, " Yes, I play Runescape. Is that a problem?"

=D> You are awesome.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Only the WoW players say its stupid :-k

:lol: True that!

Haha, that made me laugh a bit.

Anyway, RS has it's on view to everyone, each being unique. :P

As for mine, I'm not entirely sure on it at the moment. :-#

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Alot of people dont know/ dont care and alot of my friends played it aswell so they can't really say anything bad lol...

-1468th to 99 Fishing on 3rd March 07

-372nd to 99 Hunter on 3rd April 07

Just put it this way: I am being called a "Runenerd" for playing rs 1 hour a day, but almost never play on week-ends :-k . I am the only one still playing Runescape, at one point there was a huge craze on Runescape, and I was the strongest one at the time :-k . They all think I was God then, now they call me a Runenerd -.- . I also met this other guy who played Runescape irl, and he also called me a "God" .

Seriously, People need to understand that Graphics are not such different, only when they look EXACTLY like real life. Which is impossible...So far...

I am not even paying for membership :-k

22031_s.gif

When you play RuneScape and people know, yet your a starting midfielder for your football (soccer) team and hockey goalie it causes some controversy :)

Playing RuneScape + Center on the First line of the hockey team= some people making fun of me, most not.

(Mostly "Nerds", even though, the definition is sort-of like me :P, the whole Straight A's thing)

Coandca5.png

99Defence.png99Hitpoints.png99Range.png99Attack.png99Strength.png

ya you get labeled nerd/geek if you play runescape at my school i am not loud about me playing runescape..i don't go around saying i play but if you ask me if i play i'll say ya but runescape isn't really sociably accpetable everyone is like wow/guild wars are so much better or halo 3 or something i only know like 3 other people who play but i think 2 of them quit a while back

I have many kids in my school play it, and I have many friends play it too. But of course, everyone else who plays it in my grade either cheats/Is so low leveled that it's funny. Although I do have some friends who actually get the game and are good at it . . . Sadly enough though, my bro always asks me how much something is worth, is this worth it etc., and it gets quite annoying :-k

P.S.My bro is older then me :-w

It's not hard to be good at runescape =p.... a bunch of ppl play runescape in my school

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Noone realy cares/knows about me and runescape.

I think only 2 others play RS in my School.

But I'm a geek/nerd anyway because I'm in choir/band and get straight A's in all advanced classes....... <.<

+1, i've met my twin \'

honor society vice president, band president, yeah, i'm a "nerd" all the way around.

if anyone knew i played runescape, i'd be called a nerd more than ever :D

i hate labels -.- <.<

16574381pm8.png

I told people in my high school that I played (graduated 3 years ago). Some people thought it was nerdy, but its just high school. After you graduate youll hardly see any of them ever again anyways. Ive been going to college since I graduated, people are more accepting here. I even got a few guys who work in our schools IT to play it. If you are worried that your friends wont like you because you play RS you should really consider whether or not they really are a friend.

Torlen.png

Only people I know who diss it are the graphic freaks. I know runescape has bad graphics but its java based and the gameplay is great. IF runescape could somehow make a one time installation disk and update the grapics (members only) I am sure they would have many more players. I know this will prob never happen since they would have to find a game engine and other things.

If you play RS at my school, you sit with the other 3 people who play and debate whether a Black Mage or a Thief would win in a fight. Every, single, lunch period its the same thing.... (BM ftw).

Meanwhile the "cool" kids (bastards) mock you from a distance and when you ask what they're talking about, give you a rude remark.

If I mention it on most other forums I get something along the lines of "You play Run Escape? You need to run and escape lolicopterzz!"