RuneScape's Reputation - What Is It Like For You?

Skully

i once admitted that i started playing runescape three years ago... that didn't go down too well, the hype and mocking died down and about a year ago i started (and quit 6 months later) WoW now that i'm 17 and in collage (with mostly the same people i was friends with in schooling) i don't really wish to tell them that i once again play RS.

Seeing as WoW was taken as "the cool MMORPG to play" even my girlfriend at the time teased me for playing so once i quit everything seemed to go alot smoother.

I only wish RS was taken as a more adult game rather then a child's game but i guess it shall forever stay a secret.

2hwcu83.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok literally everyone in my class knows that I play Runescape.

But the thing is, all of my friends ( yes ALL) constantly changes game every few months. And I always get the constant "Runescape Scks" due to the fact that its graphics stink.

(Sometimes i really wish to insult their non-loyalness to games)

But I'd wish they'd be more mature to know that Runescape brings people together, teaches business stuff, relaxes people etc. Yes they all played Runescape before but quit shortly after...main reason was because they couldnt achieve something and no one could help them.( Unlike other games where "parties" would give you free experience points)

But hey, Im the best at Runescape in my whole class ( maybe school) and who am I to complain? I enjoy playing one of the greatest and longest( not sure) games in the world of gaming. The graphics aint much of a problem. Main reason people quit, in my opinion is because they cannot achieve things in Runescape on their own.

But the teases get lower and lower as they get bored with teasing me.

Ps. Sorry for the long Post

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

well, I've found that it is the football players at my school more susceptible to play RS the nerds and geeks play the better stuff lol

vincent.jpg A new study shows that 98% of teenagers listen to emo music. The other 2% have stayed straight gangster. If your apparantly the 0% who still listens to rock, put this in your signature.

Most people at my school know what RuneScape is, but they don't actually play it (any more). There are some people that do, and you should see the look on their faces when I tell them I have a whip :P ,despite it being quite common.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Lol the Graphics

That was in the past...

Now...

YOu are still playing runescape?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

My friends would just be like.. "What the hell man? Why would you play that?". Except for my friends who play CS and Garrys Mod.. They laugh... ALOT.

I created this new specially designed scam detection software i've code named "common sense", it's saying its a scam.

I bet most of them don't know what it is.

I've only met four other people who play/used to play other than my friends.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I got laughed at first when I played it.

But 2 of my good friends started after me telling 'em about it!

Now I got my mates Girlfriend to play it. She's hooked :D

She went to her friends house, got her friend to play too!

It's slowly spreading! Jagex is gonna rule the world! :ohnoes: So, in true MMORPG style :

Run Escape!

kirbyoptim.jpg

Sig by me :D

1337 total as of 3/2/08 at 14 : 52 GMT. Recieved 1338 total 32 minutes later

Hawt Pixel avvy by Jopie

Barrow drops: (2) - Verac's Brassard, Ahrim's Hood

Obviously we're nerds :roll: .. well, some might be, but what's wrong with that..?

I know a few people who play, who are also my friends.

and I know for a fact they are not nerds.

christ, one passed out on friday night from too much alcohol and weed, one got half naked and pissed on my mates new car (the party was his, celebrating his 18th, he got a new car for his birthday.. ::' ) I skate, they skate,

I hate how just because you play RS, you're labelled as a 'nerd', or a 'geek' or something of that sort.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

I have a couple of friends who play RuneScape. In my school, RuneScape is just treated as another game, like Halo.

Strangely, there are more kids in my school that play Club Penguin than RuneScape.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

It is quite funny the current attitude to Runescape in my school. About 2 years ago, you were deemed to be 'missing out' if you didn't play Runescape, and Runescape relevant subjects frequently cropped up in conversation. Now, Runescape is a sub culture. If you openly started a conversation about RS, you would get laughed at and a WoW addict I know would start listing why WoW is better than RS, and why RS apparently 'sucks'. The whole irony of it all is that he was the highest leveled RS player in the school (Around level 96) 2 years ago. :lol:

The funny thing, is that I think that there are a lot more RS players in my school than people let on. I never tell anyone about it, and neither does anyone else.

When I went on a 5 week holiday (It was some holiday) to Canada, where for one of those weeks, I took part in a 'create a computer game' camp. As soon as we got hold of the computers we would be working on, what was the first site which everybody simultaneously went on? You guessed it, Runescape.

Does it vary between schools, or maybe different countries?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

i don't even talk about rs at school. the only MMO that I ever talk about to anyone is WarRock, since it, being a fps war game (with a revolver, my personal preference, mind you), would be considered much better to play than rs.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Rs at my school is generally played by many people but most deem it Nerdy.But of course the most shocking thing is my english teacher plays it :shock: .But of course when theres the whole "rs Sucks,Wow Rules"I draw out my ace,The Main Guy who does the attacks has played nearly 2000 hours Total of World Of Warcraft. :wink: .So i win.

But even after the endless barrage of insults (0mg R5 5uck5 etc)i still play it as i have made friends with many many people from further away than my school.So to the haters,Wow players (and there friends) and those who quit i have this for them =;

causette23.png

wow2.gif

I only know one person irl who plays it, but i dont care if anyone knows i play it because it's just a game.

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

Im not telling anyone in my school that i play lol

lol same. x} i kno lotsa who play, but meh.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that!

-- Milton Jones

My girlfriend calls me a nerd for playing, but she doesn't mean it. <3:

My two best friends think Runescape is stupid. But oh well.

The most abuse I've ever gotten was from my old friends about two years ago. They all played WoW, so I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

"Horrible graphics!"

::'

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

At my shcool, if you play runescape, you sit at one table during lunch and talk about runescape and other stuff. Here at school your not consered and geek if you play runescape, however you are if you play runescape, are in honors band, and keep stright A's in all of your classes #-o . I dont mind getting called a geek or nerd, in fact i like being called that, makes me fell good on the inside that i ahve annoyed one more person at my school :D

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

About a year and a half ago, a friend introduced me into the game. I played and played and got hooked into it (apparently too much :-$ ) and even though I can still remember a time when 3 close friends played it, it's been ages since I've heard anyone talking about it. Though most people don't have any idea what it is, people generally consider that if you play Runescape, or any other game similar to that (yes, even Wow) you're pretty much a loser.

And considering that the only other guy that I know who plays runescape as well is a real geek, I've decided to keep the fact that I still play (and that I'm not too much of a noob) to myself, just to avoid any possible....erm, jokes or something like that.

1600+ Total 96 Combat

1656th to 99 Firemaking. Completed on March 24 '07

sigov9.png