Should there be a Guaranteed poll for the Christmas Event?

ThePie

Just answer the question and comment why do you think so?

I think no, because it makes a lot of disagreements about the free item(s). If they wouldn't know about other items, they would be happy what they got.

3 people thinks there should be a poll.

38 people thinks there shouldn't be a poll.

(If someone said they like surprises, i counted them as those who don't want a poll).

Still counting! :thumbsup:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure... I mean this time round I think the reward was dispointing but the event itself was interesting.

If Jagex choose then people will just give them undeserved criticism on task/reward but if we have to vote then maybe we should have a good way of suggesting ideas for rewards and tasks for Xmas 07 instead of having a limited choice.

Its too late. These take 3-5 months to develop, and Christmas is in two.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

If f2p get to vote no

Members only

gorillabones.png

Barrow Items: 45 (3 Guthan Spears)(12/25/06)(1/1/07)(04/07/07)

Proud Owner Of Quest Cape SINCE the day it came out

Got Visage July 31, 2007

Visage #2 August 4th, 2008

AFTER ONE HOUR of googeling i'v came to the conclusion that there is no game called real life :evil:

With the poll we just flame each other, and not Jagex :D

Don't know what you talking about :anxious: The helloween poll was started at June 18 and finished at June 26 and i don't think you need 3-5 months to ready a poll...

If f2p get to vote no

Members only

Get over your ego! The point of the vote is to get what the majority want! Not to get what you want....

Was I talking to you?

Mind your own business this is my option

ffs

F2p always want what they don't have, and members have plenty of it

EX Hoods

we have 30 of them

now 31

gorillabones.png

Got Visage July 31, 2007

AFTER ONE HOUR of googeling i'v came to the conclusion that there is no game called real life :evil:

If the Halloween Guaranteed Content Poll has taught us anything, it's that we just can't be satisfied, even if we do choose what we want.

I don't think there should be another poll for Christmas; not interested in causing more strife.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

If f2p get to vote no

Members only

Get over your ego! The point of the vote is to get what the majority want! Not to get what you want....

Was I talking to you?

ffs

EX Hoods

we have 30 of them

now 31

Yes, you were talking to me. You posted on this forum and thus were talking to all the people who happened to read your post. Just because someone disagrees with you and makes a fair point to tear down your unrighteously based argument you get annoyed about it. Polls are not about your opinion, they're about the majority's opinion. Just because you as a singular person do not agree with the majority does by no means warrant you the right to propose a dictatorship-style scenario in which your ideals are the rules.

Sig.jpg

If f2p get to vote no

Members only

Was I talking to you?

ffs

EX Hoods

we have 30 of them

now 31

And I'm members with five cape of achievement hoods, as well as Ahrims hood, and I still wanted the Grim Reaper's hood. And now I'm fairly satisfied with it.

More people wanted hoods than broomsticks. GET OVER IT. I'm SURE if more nonmembers voted for the broomstick, you wouldn't want them not to vote anymore.

It was the same after the achievement diaries. Hordes of angry level 100s with 200+ qp complaining that people with low skill total, low combat level, or low quest points shouldn't vote because they're the ones that picked Varrock over Relleka.

This update was for everyone. Holidays are one of the few events that Jagex wants to celebrate with ALL their players. If they want our opinion on what we should do, since this is aimed just as much at nonmembers, they deserve to vote as much as we do.

I didn't get the emote I wanted. So what? It just shows, more people wanted the zombie hand coming out of the ground. That's okay with me, I can still enjoy what we DO get.

Be a good sport about it. Don't try to remove a group of voters just because they disagree with what you want.

Okay, back on topic. I don't think we should have a vote. Part of it is because it's more fun as a surprise. The other part of it is that people are sore losers. If they don't get what they want in a members poll, it's the fault of noobs. If they don't get what they want in a poll for everyone, they blame it on f2p players.

Can I remind you the hood won by 60 something votes?

And about the hood... looks so similar to Void hood

what a surprise wooah....

gorillabones.png

Got Visage July 31, 2007

Can I remind you the hood won by 60 something votes?

And about the hood... looks so similar to Void hood

what a surprise wooah....

Yes, you can remind me of that, and I will tell you that yes, it won. No matter by how many votes it won by, it still won. Whether it won by 10,000 or 1... it still won, meaning it is in the majority. It's how the polls work.

Sig.jpg

Don't know what you talking about :anxious: The helloween poll was started at June 18 and finished at June 26 and i don't think you need 3-5 months to ready a poll...

He's saying it takes 3-5 months to make the item, not the poll. And by the time they made a poll and had players vote, they'd have a little over a month to do what players voted for.

If f2p get to vote no

Members only

Was I talking to you?

ffs

EX Hoods

we have 30 of them

now 31

This is a public forum, anyone can reply to anyone, so, stop your whining. If you don't like it if people refute your weak egotistical arguments, don't post!

Members don't want what they don't have? Are you kidding me? If this was the case, there would be no suggestions forum on the RSOF where people could suggest the babymaking skill and Cadillac's and submachine guns so they can drive around Draynor Village "poppin caps in da [wagon] of da woodland creatures". Members do always want more. They had weapons and armour so good that they could hit at least 30's on other players and hold them in place for 20 seconds so they can hammer the hell out of them with specials that can hit up to 41 twice instantaneously (with a little luck and prayer). But, nooooo, they weren't good enough, you want attacks that can decimate entire villages, flying horses that can breath fire, super powerful monsters that you can sick on other people and weildable 12 ton boat anchors you can hold in one hand to bash into other people's skulls.

And, if F2P gets one measly thing that P2P players almost never use (such as the Party Room), there are widespread riots about how F2Pers shouldn't get items that belong to "them" when they in fact, have no ownership over it. Hell, they (neither do we) don't even have ownership of "their" accounts. Also, P2Pers get their tantrum mode on if F2P players get 12 spaces (which P2Pers would also get + more). Hell, how would F2P bank space even influence how P2Pers play? It wouldn't harm them, but, it would benefit them because they get the space + more. Anyways, this is not the Bank space thread, so, lets not get into an argument about that ;).

If you have 30 hoods (now 31), why are you so upset F2P players get one? They didn't take one hood away from you now. Sounds like you just don't like others getting the precious attention, which, is kind of sad.

Anyways, I like the surprise, and, people will complain about the event either way. That has already been proved.

tfssig.png

If f2p get to vote no

Members only

Was I talking to you?

ffs

EX Hoods

we have 30 of them

now 31

This is a public forum, anyone can reply to anyone, so, stop your whining. If you don't like it if people refute your weak egotistical arguments, don't post!

Members don't want what they don't have? Are you kidding me? If this was the case, there would be no suggestions forum on the RSOF where people could suggest the babymaking skill and Cadillac's and submachine guns so they can drive around Draynor Village "poppin caps in da [wagon] of da woodland creatures". Members do always want more. They had weapons and armour so good that they could hit at least 30's on other players and hold them in place for 20 seconds so they can hammer the hell out of them with specials that can hit up to 41 twice instantaneously (with a little luck and prayer). But, nooooo, they weren't good enough, you want attacks that can decimate entire villages, flying horses that can breath fire, super powerful monsters that you can sick on other people and weildable 12 ton boat anchors you can hold in one hand to bash into other people's skulls.

And, if F2P gets one measly thing that P2P players almost never use (such as the Party Room), there are widespread riots about how F2Pers shouldn't get items that belong to "them" when they in fact, have no ownership over it. Hell, they (neither do we) don't even have ownership of "their" accounts. Also, P2Pers get their tantrum mode on if F2P players get 12 spaces (which P2Pers would also get + more). Hell, how would F2P bank space even influence how P2Pers play? It wouldn't harm them, but, it would benefit them because they get the space + more. Anyways, this is not the Bank space thread, so, lets not get into an argument about that ;).

If you have 30 hoods (now 31), why are you so upset F2P players get one? They didn't take one hood away from you now. Sounds like you just don't like others getting the precious attention, which, is kind of sad.

Anyways, I like the surprise, and, people will complain about the event either way. That has already been proved.

100% agree with you. But people stop talking off topic #-o