Horrible Gifts?

Craiglowery

Have you ever gotten a horrible gift?

Well my birthday is coming up and this made me think of a couple years ago when I got the worst birthday gift ever. On my 14th birthday, my grandparents got me a sweater, but this was no ordinary sweater, it had a pony on it and it said "Montana." I hated it and it looked downright horrible, but I didn't want to say anything so I told them thank you and put it back in the box.

Well, when I went to visit my grandparents, I had to wear it. Now at the time I was an adult medium but the sweater was a kids XL, It was so tight on me and I even ripped it a little. I told my grandma that it ripped so she kept it and traded me $20 bucks instead.

Then on my 15th birthday, I get the same sweater with the hole sewed up. I still have it in my closet.

So, have any of you gotten a horrible gift for birthday or christmas or any other occasion?

111-1.jpg

Not horrible... but just really, REALLY cheap games in lieu of $40 games we want(They actually ask us then come up with lame excuses, like, they ran out. Oh right millions of people are trying to buy a game that has been in production for 3 years, wow. Trust me are a line of people waiting for a Warcraft battle chest 3 years after initial production...If you're not going to buy it shut your mouth and don't ask at all.).

And yes I only get 1 present a year from them, and yes they are millionaires, and no my parents are richer than them.

Cheap bas****.

Well w/e karma or I will own them...

Yeah my ex bought me a blue fluffy bunny holding an easter egg basket for easter.

I was just like...........wtf................. I don't do corny.... :shock: DIE RABBIT! :P

My first boyfriend played a trick on me, he bought a box and filled it with marbles and i held the box and I was like..... ur kidding me right?

Then inside he had bought me a diamond ring so I had no idea what it was........ I was like OMG!!!!!!!!!! <3:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Sweaters are definately a classic worst. Well, one time my aunt, who had not seen me for a long time, gave me shirt that was like 5 sizes to big; but that was justified. How was she supposed to know how big I was?

Otherwise, I blessed.

C2b6gs7.png

Not mine, but my stepsister once received from her grandparents a compilation of the free CDs given out by the Daily Mail. That has to hurt.

:lol:

That is great.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

i would like really nice designer sweater :)

my birthdays coming too, big 18 :x

worst gifts?

bad books u already own

Doctor of Dental Surgery-2014

Medical Doctor-2018?

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon-2024?

About 7 years ago I got 10 gulden credit for renting video's, but we didn't have a video player. Yea, that was pretty crappy.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Not mine, but my stepsister once received from her grandparents a compilation of the free CDs given out by the Daily Mail. That has to hurt.
Did your stepsister like kick the crap out of their cat? That has to be the worst gift ever.
sig5235ro7.jpg

Not horrible... but just really, REALLY cheap games in lieu of $40 games we want(They actually ask us then come up with lame excuses, like, they ran out. Oh right millions of people are trying to buy a game that has been in production for 3 years, wow. Trust me are a line of people waiting for a Warcraft battle chest 3 years after initial production...If you're not going to buy it shut your mouth and don't ask at all.).

And yes I only get 1 present a year from them, and yes they are millionaires, and no my parents are richer than them.

Cheap bas****.

Well w/e karma or I will own them...

actually the battle chest is pretty popular... but i guess thats besides the point. Yes I do hate it when people ask what you want.. and then ignore it.

Tk5SF.png

Back in middle school we used to always do "Secret Santa". <3:

It's basically a Christmas game where you pull one of your classmate's name out of a hat and you have to get 'em a present for Christmas.

Well this dude decided to get me a horribly corny Christmas angel along with a toy tortoise (wtf?). He was also kind to get me a chocolate bar but unfortunately he ate it on the way to school.

There's a Lutheran religious celebration which you go through once in your lifetime, got a ruby ring from my grandmother and three newspapers from my mom. >.<

rickastleywh7.png

My dad used to buy me these christian things.. Some books and I think even some cristian board game. I didin't believe (and don't) in god and he knew that. That bastard is always trying to convert me -.-

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

Back in middle school we used to always do "Secret Santa". <3:

It's basically a Christmas game where you pull one of your classmate's name out of a hat and you have to get 'em a present for Christmas.

Well this dude decided to get me a horribly corny Christmas angel along with a toy tortoise (wtf?). He was also kind to get me a chocolate bar but unfortunately he ate it on the way to school.

There's a Lutheran religious celebration which you go through once in your lifetime, got a ruby ring from my grandmother and three newspapers from my mom. >.<

lol! :lol:

Trying to think back to horrible gifts now. Chances are I think it'd probably be something from my grandparents, such as a horrid shirt or something I'd never wear. Of course the plus side is they never bother to ask about it either, and have gotten better. :P

my family doesn't wanna take the chance of me not liking the present so I always get money $20-$50. Unless I ask for something on my birthday or christmas I always get money, except from my friends, they know what to get me.

6p8kx0z.jpg

Generally, I've been lucky enough to get some pretty decent presents, but I'm kinda in the same boat as Death45.

Mind you, there was one time... I got 4 pairs of boxer shorts, one of which sported the slogan 'No photos please'. Opened the present in front of the entire family. :wall:

~ W ~

sigzi.png

i got a blue passport cover at christmas about 4 years ago :?

My sister got Finnish citizenship for her 18th birthday this year. Which is, basically, a passport, cover and contents included. And as an added bonus, it's legitimate!

C2b6gs7.png

I don't know what's worse: getting given that as a gift, or the fact that someone bought the Daily Hate Mail on conescutive days to get them.

I don't know what's worse: getting given that as a gift, or the fact that someone bought the Daily Hate Mail on conescutive days to get them.

Meh, grandparents, they have a tendency towards racism/thinking technology is evil/crosswords

In my defence, they arent related to me by blood \'

One Christmas I found it particularly hilarious when my mother received one of these hideous things:

ckHHCLP2_LRG.jpg

Whilst laughing my arse off, I then opened my own gift to discover that I had been given a matching smaller version. :uhh:

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy

Like when i was 7 years old i received a tinky winky Pajama holder -.-

I didn't exactly like teletubbies either.

I normally just order all the games i want for Christmas and then they pick one of them to give me for my birthday which is like 9 days earlier.

We can breath in space, they just don't want us to escape

My brother bought me a used copy of Tony Hawk's Underground for Christmas one year. We had rented it, I had beat it, and I said it wasn't that fun.

I didn't get anything from him for my birthday, and I don't remember what I got for Christmas, but I bought him a Radeon 9600 and a 1GB Samsung MP3 player respectively. And my mother still finds room to think that his routine [bleep]ery can be rectified by his purchasing me a 50 cent candy bar. "You're never nice to your brother!"

I also once bought him a classic rock compilation CD because his favorite (only band he listened to) was Queen. Makes sense, right? Apparently they both thought that was a pretty thoughtless gift... My mom ended up making me return it. I then bought him a Target Giftcard since my only alternative at that point was Yu-Gi-Oh cards, which I absolutely cannot stand.

I seriously wonder if I was adopted sometimes.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"