Daggonoth Dungeon Design Flaw

Jordanweb

Every time i want to go far into the daggonoth dungeon i have to distract a friend from whatever they are doing to come and stand on a pad which opens the door so i can get through.

It's bad enough that i've killed 100+ dag kings and had no good drops, but jagex are forcing me to find and annoy someone else into coming to the dungeon for no reason just so that i can go inside?

Why did Jagex design this dungeon with such stupidity?

/rant

Meh. Not everything perfect, you know that. Maybe you could have had to do something more annoying and tougher. I don't think it's that bad. Of course, you have a different opinion. But it's just a small flaw, and considering you can get rings, drag axes, muddy staffs, etc, I think it's a small price to pay to get into that area.

I'm under the assumption it was designed to encourage people to play together in team.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, i myself have wanted to check it out without pestering a friend.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

If you didn't need a 2nd man the prices of rex items would be less than half the price they are now -.- I know a few players that would be down there constantly if you dind't need a 2nd person to get there :-w

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

I'm under the assumption it was designed to encourage people to play together in team.

I agree, but encouraging people to play as a team should not make playing alone impossible.

That's your opinion. It's perfectly normal to have some dungeons that require a certain number of people. Here there is ONLY ONE dungeon that must be done as a team. Isn't it a bit unreasonable to demand remove that limit?

Furthermore, I don't think it's a good idea to remove one of the limitations of DKing and make it easier.

Just go do GWD, KQ, KBD. They can all be solo'd.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

If you didn't need a 2nd man the prices of rex items would be less than half the price they are now -.- I know a few players that would be down there constantly if you dind't need a 2nd person to get there :-w

Wat does the number of people needed have to do ith drop prices? theres little stoping them from going down there constantly as it is...

On topic: ya it is anoying, especialy when you dont have any friends who want to go there <.< but you can always find a populated world and wait...but that tends to be very time consumeing...

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

I agree, but encouraging people to play as a team should not make playing alone impossible.

That's your opinion. It's perfectly normal to have some dungeons that require a certain number of people. Here there is ONLY ONE dungeon that must be done as a team. Isn't it a bit unreasonable to demand remove that limit?

Furthermore, I don't think it's a good idea to remove one of the limitations of DKing and make it easier.

I agree but I still think that you shouldn't be able to go alone.

They could make an area that if you go alone, you get weaker dags and the team would get the normal dags.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

It's encouraging you to work together like Barbarian assualt.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Note that Barbarian Assault is a minigame.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

And?

Seriously come on...it encourages team work.

Sometimes team work isn't the best.

8888kev8888.jpeg

And?

Seriously come on...it encourages team work.

Sometimes team work isn't the best.

I will admit there are allot of flaws in teams but dagg kings pretty much aren't that easy without one.

dks are dead now TBH, the drops have plummeted in price so much and the drop rate is so low and theres so many lurers... its pointless to even go there... usually you spend more on pots than drops lmao. god wars = dks #2 from what i can see, but i dont play enough anymore to goto it.

dks are dead now TBH, the drops have plummeted in price so much and the drop rate is so low and theres so many lurers... its pointless to even go there... usually you spend more on pots than drops lmao. god wars = dks #2 from what i can see, but i dont play enough anymore to goto it.

Maybe for the higher end of the scale, 120s+ but for people like me Dks is waaay more profitable than GWD. I have been on many trips to Zamorak and Bandos boss and haven't got anything, sure the reward is higher if you get lucky but Dks is more solid profit.

I believe the name is Waterbirth dungeon or something similar (haven't gone there for quite a few months), had me confused with the lighthouse when I saw the title.

You can't deny the lack of team-requiring boss monsters. Jagex have repeatably attempted to make a boss that MUST require a team to take it down, and thus the team gets a amazing reward. Perhaps they have acheived their goal with the GWD but I see people soloing some of the bosses, so they haven't really. I guess they admitted to the fact that they would nearly never be able to realisticly impement such a boss into the game, due to the respawning system that makes risk taking just not worth it, and accordingly made a system that required a team for the ammount of people, not ammount of combat levels added up.

RuneScape is one of the best MMORPGS out there for monster soloing IMO, one measily boss that doesn't even require a team when in there is hardly "Killing monster soloing", or anything near doing so.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Wat does the number of people needed have to do ith drop prices?

More importantly, why does someone always have to say "No, nub, that wood droop pircez!!11!" everytime someone makes a rant like this?

Back on-topic, I think Jagex are missing out on a potentially massive gp drain; as a solution, they could put an optional npc in the room that you'd have to pay to stand on the other tile if you want to solo. Everyone would win; teams could still go together, soloers could go it alone and Jagex gets another money drain to move more gp out of circulation.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

More importantly, why does someone always have to say "No, nub, that wood droop pircez!!11!" everytime someone makes a rant like this?

Back on-topic, I think Jagex are missing out on a potentially massive gp drain; as a solution, they could put an optional npc in the room that you'd have to pay to stand on the other tile if you want to solo. Everyone would win; teams could still go together, soloers could go it alone and Jagex gets another money drain to move more gp out of circulation.

Great idea, i was thinking something similar, should be 50-100k though.

Welcome to the fascinating world of economics:

The number of people who can go in, in this case, serves as a limitation. So if this limitation was removed, it would be easier to dk. Therefore then the number of dkers would increase (I don't know by how much but clearly it will increase).

Now, since more people are killing rex, more people will obtain d axes, berserker and warrior rings meaning that the supply of these items will increase.

Therefore, by law of supply, as the supply of these items increases, the price of these items will decrease.

Note: in this scenario, the drops that are exclusive to prime and supreme are unaffected.

Note also that in this scenario, people will be buying more supplies to use against rex therefore the price of the supplies could also increase.

Because that's how economics works. Price is determined by supply and demand so a change in supply or demand is going to lead to a change of price.

If someone posts some kind of crazy idea that affects supply or demand (like making d chains easier to get) then I would expect someone to point out the obvious consequence (fall in price of d chain).

Sometimes people who don't know economics will use some bad logic and come up with some pretty ridiculous outcomes which can make economic predictions seem annoying overall. However, in this case, he is correct in saying that it will lead to a fall in price of Rex's drop items so you have no reason to get annoyed with him.

Jagex gets another money drain to move more gp out of circulation.

First you have to prove that we need a money drain and for that you need to prove that there is an inflation problem (which has yet to be proven).

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

If players can singlehandedly beat fifty waves of high level monsters followed by the strongest monster in the game I really doubt there will be a monster worthy of being taken on in a team... Unless it is virtually immune to any single attack and has to be attacked with all three attack styles to hurt him. :-k

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Why does it have to be an NPC? Why can't you just turn it into a business opportunity? If you get it right, you may be able to set some nice prices just for standing on a platform. Why not supply rune throwaxes as well? It's an intended problem. Don't ask it to be fixed, use to for your own profit.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

If players can singlehandedly beat fifty waves of high level monsters followed by the strongest monster in the game I really doubt there will be a monster worthy of being taken on in a team... Unless it is virtually immune to any single attack and has to be attacked with all three attack styles to hurt him. :-k

Hybrid dking cannot be done efficiently alone. You run out of potions if you have more than one king attacking you constantly. It probably can physically be done, but it's so horribly inefficient that there is no point.

BlueSig6.jpg

Hybrid dking cannot be done efficiently alone.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y42C1ys6RiY

Speak for yourself.

Which part of "efficiently" do you not understand?

His trip was very interesting, but he got very few kills.

Just as I previously said it probably can physically be done, but it's so horribly inefficient that there is no point.

BlueSig6.jpg