Nests--Too hard to get?

axeraider194

Take a look at all the toadflax grown every day, then take a look at the number of nests brought into runescape every day.

The ways to get nests are very limited:

-Kingdom managing (Less than 10 nests per day with maples at full, correct me if i'm wrong)

-The random event while chopping trees.

-Going through the hassle of killing the giant mole under falador park. (1-4 possible nests per kill once hides/claws are traded in, however, after all the chasing, a mole kill can take 5+ minutes to do)

Now, my main worry here is that I train on aberrant spectres for combat xp, and from 83-86 defense, i've accumulated over 200 toadflax seeds, which is approx. 1,000+ toadflax, which equals 1,000 saradomin brews, provided I have the nests.

If I try to max at aberrants for all 3 combat stats (plus hp), I could be left with over 5k seeds, which means 25,000+ toadflax, or 25,000 brews.

How are the number of nests supposed to keep up with the number of toadflax people plant every day?

My personal opinion is that Jagex should make a quest, or an area, with possibly a big tree that has nest spawn points at the bottom of it (without seeds, rings, or eggs, just empty nests)

And before you say that easy ways to get nests would destroy potion prices or whatever, then think about this:

-Snape grasses are easy to get, yet prayer pots cost 7k+

-Red spider eggs are easy to get, yet super restores cost 9k+

-Same goes with just about any other potion.

Let me know what you guys think about the current bird nest situation.

axeraider194.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello?

If nests were that common, so would sara brews.

Then prices for all rare drops would go down, and the economy crashes

[/pessimist].

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

you have to remember that most of the toadflax will be used in making agility potions, as they're inexpensive low level training potions. also, the amount of people actually training herblore via sara brews isn't that high. Atm the price of a sara brew is 3k.. thats 1k each for the herb and 2k for the next. It's quite a fair balance atm of supplies, people using the supplies, and people that use the pots. i dont think it needs to change.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Because a saradomin brew is directly tied to a blue phat right?

I think he means rare monster drops, since getting supplies to kill that boss (saras) would be cheaper.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Actually, loads of people do brews to 99, brews+range pots are the best herb xp.

Some people get 800k xp+ a day doin brews for herblore

Do you have proof for this or is it just another made-up statistic?

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Actually, rare drops in general will not go down (only the ones for which brews are used as supplies will go down) and the ones that do will go down only be a limited amount (because super restores are also needed for every sara brew used)

Basically the effect will be extremely limited

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

There's something that every seems to have forgotten...

Lucky Rabbits' Foot

When the Eagle's Peak (?) quest came out and you became able to catch Ferrets, it also unlocked the ability to catch rabbits. These rabbits could then be caught to take a foot and make a necklace. Wearing this necklace while woodcutting increases the chance of a Birds Nest. When I wore one before, while chopping oaks, I was almost guaranteed one nest per trip, occasionally 2.

While this may not help the supply of nests very much, it does increase it a lot more.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

RS isn't about making everything easy, the fun of it is having to work for the things you want, or would you like to just have giants next to a bank to get the big bones easier? Mole killing isn't too hard, plus the nests ocasionally have good seeds in them \'

16185_s.gif

I think its fine as it is. It gives the mole a point in the game. after all, its already the easiest boss to solo (but by far the most annoying), and its drops aren't exactly ownage, since it has nothing special. I can get addy and rune drops from ice trolls lvl 74, while the 230 mole has hardly any rune drops and virtually the same priced other armor drops. The nests containing seeds are the only way to make a constant profit. if there was a spawn, why would ANYONE kill the mole, besides occasionally for a bit of fun or a small clan event?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

The rate of nests are fine...ok maybe they could appear a bit more often but they ok with me... :|

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Ranker11 told me too :P

Look at the examples you used, Prayer Pots and Super Restores. I wonder why they are so high priced...

Anywho, I believe there is sufficient amount of nest gathering methods in the game already. Have them gather maples (which gets a couple of nests) and go all out on the mole. You have to wait for the seeds to grow all the way, and during that time, you can get some serious mole killings. Maybe you won't get enough, but you sure will make a huge dent in it. Not everything is supposed to be super easy or efficient. If you have a problem with that, go buy a nest yourself.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Actually, loads of people do brews to 99, brews+range pots are the best herb xp.

Some people get 800k xp+ a day doin brews for herblore

Do you have proof for this or is it just another made-up statistic?

Runemonkey.net

Tracks the xp of the players who register, you can view daily xp rates of certain people.

axeraider194.png

Your reasoning automatically does not work due to the fact that sara brews are one of the cheapest high level potions in the game. 2.5k each? I never had trouble finding sellers, though i've had problems finding buyers.

In other words, nests and toadflax both have to be in high supply for the price to be so low

Wc and the giant mole provide plenty of nests. Me and my buddys used to go kill the mole and would get five nests each for about three-five trips. Each trip would take about five minutes which dishes out alot of nests. Note we did this for about an hour each night for three-five nighs. Add that with all that come with wc thats a lot of nests.

Get me a whopper!

I find your logic strange. I get tons of nests every time I collect on Miscellania, and I'm quite sure that many other players that collect (over 3M+ in a period of 30 or more days) collect even more than I do.

That being said, I don't see how bird nests are too rare.

Outside from that, the examples you used are quite faulty -- Prayer and Super Restore potions are so expensive because they're in relatively high demand.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

There's something that every seems to have forgotten...

Lucky Rabbits' Foot

When the Eagle's Peak (?) quest came out and you became able to catch Ferrets, it also unlocked the ability to catch rabbits. These rabbits could then be caught to take a foot and make a necklace. Wearing this necklace while woodcutting increases the chance of a Birds Nest. When I wore one before, while chopping oaks, I was almost guaranteed one nest per trip, occasionally 2.

While this may not help the supply of nests very much, it does increase it a lot more.

thats an oxymoronic statement if ive ever heard one... #-o :XD:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

no, it makes sense, because tehres so few nests, that even a big increase in them, say 100%, still is not a lot, due to high demand.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.