Nests--Too hard to get?

axeraider194

no, it makes sense, because tehres so few nests, that even a big increase in them, say 100%, still is not a lot, due to high demand.

To be perfectly honest, I'd almost call it a 400% increase. As I said, I would usually get 1 nest per trip. Without it, I'm lucky to get one in a set of 10.

Ok, so maybe it's a lot more than 400%. But would you have really kept reading if I said outright 1000%?

And what I meant by "doesn't increase by much, but increases it a lot" is that the amount of nests is low enough as is, but using the Lucky Rabbits' Foot increases the amount quite a bit.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If sara brews were cheap, as other people said - youd be able to cheaply store lots of food ("food", mind you) in your invent, thus increasing training time, time for monster killing, etc. etc. etc.

Also keep in mind sara brew effects can be cured with regular restores, so that point on "limited effect" may not apply.

I like sara brews the way they are. 1K for 16HP isn't too bad a deal, esp. if i can fit 64HP/slot.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Good point.

I myself find it hard to buy 1k nests and trade my grown Toadflax and bought wfv for brews for rcing.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I have been woodcutting yews for about a week and have not gotten any nests.. I just got myself a strung rabbit foot and I have gotten 3 within the last 2 trips... Coincidence?? No.

It is somewhat hard to believe that the rate is that low. Possibly you missed them?

I think that Jagex significantly increased the rate of droppings with the rabbit's foot.

While this may not help the supply of nests very much, it does increase it a lot more.

It makes sense. Since very few nests come from woodcutting, it increases the rate of drops significantly, but is a drop in the bucket compared to mtk and the like.

nh.jpg

Your reasoning automatically does not work due to the fact that sara brews are one of the cheapest high level potions in the game. 2.5k each? I never had trouble finding sellers, though i've had problems finding buyers.

In other words, nests and toadflax both have to be in high supply for the price to be so low

I don't see how the supply of nests can be low. Many people are aware that maples are a good income using mtk, that alone could bring in many nests for the market.

Lucky Rabbits' Foot

When the Eagle's Peak (?) quest came out and you became able to catch Ferrets, it also unlocked the ability to catch rabbits. These rabbits could then be caught to take a foot and make a necklace. Wearing this necklace while woodcutting increases the chance of a Birds Nest. When I wore one before, while chopping oaks, I was almost guaranteed one nest per trip, occasionally 2

Results may not apply similarly to everyone though. I personally used the rabbit's foot and found myself getting more tree spirits instead of nests than usual. :? I believe it's flawed like how gloves of silence reduce chances of failing for pickpocketing.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

There's something that every seems to have forgotten...

Lucky Rabbits' Foot

When the Eagle's Peak (?) quest came out and you became able to catch Ferrets, it also unlocked the ability to catch rabbits. These rabbits could then be caught to take a foot and make a necklace. Wearing this necklace while woodcutting increases the chance of a Birds Nest. When I wore one before, while chopping oaks, I was almost guaranteed one nest per trip, occasionally 2.

While this may not help the supply of nests very much, it does increase it a lot more.

I find that very very very very very very hard to believe.

I have cut over 250 mage logs, and 500 yews in the last 4 days, and i havnt got 1 nest. And yes i am using a rabbits foot.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

Giant Mole. Easy to kill, and drops (in effect) 3/4 nests each death.

+1

How does it take you 5 min to 1 mole :shock: ? The nests from giant moles is actually pretty good ^_^

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

There's something that every seems to have forgotten...

Lucky Rabbits' Foot

When the Eagle's Peak (?) quest came out and you became able to catch Ferrets, it also unlocked the ability to catch rabbits. These rabbits could then be caught to take a foot and make a necklace. Wearing this necklace while woodcutting increases the chance of a Birds Nest. When I wore one before, while chopping oaks, I was almost guaranteed one nest per trip, occasionally 2.

I find that very very very very very very hard to believe.

I have cut over 250 mage logs, and 500 yews in the last 4 days, and i havnt got 1 nest. And yes i am using a rabbits foot.

Need I really say more? Since you get oaks faster, it calculates the occurrence more often, meaning more nests. Of course, I might have just gotten a very lucky streak, but I'm sure there's probably a calculated difference between different trees.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

It's quite obvious that what Jagex needs to do is to put a big magic bucket in the Lumby castle forecourt, where whatever items you want could be obtained from the magic bucket in infinite quantities.

They could put it right next to the big red lever that instantly maxes out all your skills to level 99.

siganizq4.gif

It's quite obvious that what Jagex needs to do is to put a big magic bucket in the Lumby castle forecourt, where whatever items you want could be obtained from the magic bucket in infinite quantities.

They could put it right next to the big red lever that instantly maxes out all your skills to level 99.

+1 =D> =D> =D>

Hello?

If nests were that common, so would sara brews.

Then prices for all rare drops would go down, and the economy crashes

[/pessimist].

Runecrafting exists. The economy hasn't crashed.

2480+ total

toadflax are rarely planted because they cost so little.

I went from 93 to 99 herblore with saradomin brews, made around 27k of them, and to be honest, neither of the components was hard to buy, so no, the numbers are quite equal.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

you guys realize there's about 4x as many people woodcutting than farming, and even less of that percentage actually plants toadflax.

Plus, the influx of people doing MTK is huge.

-Snape grasses are easy to get, yet prayer pots cost 7k+

-Red spider eggs are easy to get, yet super restores cost 9k+

The prices of prayer potions are high due to the amount of people demanding them. Although seeds are fairly easy to gather, same goes with herbs. But ranarr seeds aren't dropped by many good monsters, nechyrael and dagannoths, which are common slayer tasks. As well, the amount of areas you can use prayer potions is wide. Most of the monster hunting, barrows, fight caves and more.

Super restores cost much, because you can't get snapdragons as monster drops, which makes it a bit harder to get. The demand is high, just because they are very effective while using saradomin brews and they also play the same role as prayer potions do.

damage112bs4.gif

The problem isn't too few nests -- it's too many toadflax. I have these things coming out my ears. I'd suggest that you stop wasting your inventory space picking up these seeds. If you ever need toadflax seeds, there's a guy on the forums who trades one seed for one herb. Toadflax seeds are almost as common as guam herbs. Sara brews are a fairly high level pot, so the nests shouldn't be too easy to get. The toadflax is incidental. It's the nest that sets the level of the brew.

punitivedsig.png

Since I'm F2P, whats so special about nests? When I was P2P I dropped them because I thought they were another annoying random.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

I agree on this, Herblore is one of my favourite skills and I thought of making brews from 82 - 99, but it's so hard to get all nests :?

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010