New scam throug the Personal Messages! (Easy to fail)

Darkluniux

Thanks mate!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New scam through the forums. Better watch out for it. Im sure if you tell the mod in the tech forums, they may provide a piece of downloadable software that can remove the key logger

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

If i went on the site but didn't download the [Caution: Executable File] file, am I ok?

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

If i went on the site but didn't download the [Caution: Executable File] file, am I ok?

Think so. The keylogger is in the fle you download, so I do think you're safe, but still scan your computer -- better safe than sorry!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

New scam through the forums. Better watch out for it. Im sure if you tell the mod in the tech forums, they may provide a piece of downloadable software that can remove the key logger

I posted instructions to remove this already. :-s

Nope, you're safe! The only way to "activate" the keylogguer is by opening the [Caution: Executable File] file. (Activating is not the right word to describe it, because the keylogguer can do nothing and haven't even infected your PC if you haven't open the [Caution: Executable File] file)

To the smart guy that knows about tech and got a cool signature about House:

First of all sorry for forgeting your name and being to lazy to check it, I remember people in forums for its signatures or avatars, secondly, House M.D is pure ownage, that doctor is so great that he would beat Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer with a singe termometer, and last, you're right, there are pages like this where you don't have to put your password because you configured it to remember the password, however, there are many people like me that doesn't trust in anyone even if the computer is your and preffer to not activate this option. Also I would like to thank you for the great suport you give throught the anti-keylogguer forum, however, almost no one checks it because 3% knows how to deal with these attacks, 10% knows about its prevention and 87% of the population things that a Keylogger is as kind of japanese food.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

I knew it was a scam immediatly but sadly enough the video had been viewed 385 times, thats a lot of idiots losing accs. :|

You're calling them idiots and you think those viewing statistics are real? :P

I got like 5 of those sofar lol, Even getting pms in game about it :?.

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

Hahaha, that would explain it. I got sent a message, "Wow, you got owned in this pk vid" I tryed to click it but it was censored so I messaged him back "Hey, it blocks the link, but if it was somebody getting owned up in the rouges castle, ya that was me" Lol, if it didn't censor it, I probablly would have fallen for it, oh well Bank PIN ftw.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Yea, i fell for it and lost my fury :cry:

PS: Does any 1 know what the program is capped in the applications when u press "Ctrl + Alt + delete". All i know is that it is "_________[Caution: Executable File]". I havent logged on RS from this computer and iv changed my password many times on other computers.

Plz help, i wanna play RS on my own computer again :(

PSS: I think the person left his name on my friends list. It was Timtom157, check ur friends list if you were hacked and see if this name is on yours.

Easy and simple. It's a good scam. It doesn't try to make you believe mumbo jumbo so you need to click on it.

Well, it's not a good scam anymore now that this topic exists :P

2480+ total

Easy and simple. It's a good scam. It doesn't try to make you believe mumbo jumbo so you need to click on it.

Well, it's not a good scam anymore now that this topic exists :P

Yup :D, this topic already have 1000+ views.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

There is another one of these, it says something like "Haha you got pwned in that vid". Lucky i didnt click the install thing O:)

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

Well not only did i not get hacked, i also got banned from the hacker... this is great 20 blackmarks in under 5 mins... and i didnt even do anything...

aV1KSiyr.jpg

I hate to say this, but i think im going to quit runescape...for good.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

same guy who sent me mail too. I nearly fell for it too. 8-) Thought there was something weird about it though, he didnt name any affiliation with me or whatever lol. And i can only think of ONE video i am in and thats on youtube.

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

Tip on how to protect yourself:

When downloading executable things, reverse engineer them before running them. If they contain viruses, overwrite them 15 times.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Simple solution: Only click links with "YouTube" in them. :-$

I don't make any PK vids, so you're going to have to wake up at 13:00 am on February 30th to fool me. \'

You can still get caught out, players can 'cover up' links i'll show you an example that i saw this morning)

scamattemptyu4.png

Make sure the link you have MATCH the bit at the bottom. if it says Youtube the bottom should also say Youtube.

Zaroterasu.png

I would assume that's there's going to be more cases like this where someone sends out a lot of PMs or posts topics with keyloggers before we can ban them.

My advice would be to never click on a link that you don't know is safe. I've even seen cases where the link will look like a valid destination but actually goes to a dangerous site.

If in doubt :-k don't click it. =;

mcguff1.png