Behind the Scenes - November Edition

darkjab

This November, we bring you a wealth of new content, with every update adding a huge amount to the game. Would you like an alternative means of trading, which allows you to reach millions of customers? DONE! Would you like a system that allows you to help other players without once exchanging items? DONE! How about a tournament system for the Duel Arena, allowing up to 64 players to duke it out, with the winner taking all? DONE! And how about bringing you the next exciting installment of the cave goblin storyline? A BIG BAG OF DONE!

In recent months, we have been looking more and more at how wealth and objects move around the game. Our first update of the month, the Assist System, will continue in a similar vein, and will owe a lot to your reports and suggestions. You told us that you wanted a system for offering services to others without actually transferring items. So, with the Assist System, we bring you that ability. You may, for example, get a high-level crafter to cut your gems for you with no gems ever leaving your inventory! This system can be used across a multitude of different skills and is very easy to get to grips with.

The popular 'Make-X' option makes its way to the Smithing skill this month, so a blacksmith will be able to happily hammer away at an entire inventory of bars without multiple clicks.

This month also sees the release of the penultimate cave goblin quest. Ever since Zanik emerged from the mines below Lumbridge she has been faced with troubles very much of the H.A.M. variety. A different challenge faces her in this quest, which will require stealth and subterfuge to complete, taking you to places that have never been seen by human eyes, including some that have only been noted in goblin fable. Will a discovery of monumental proportions help bring the goblin tribes together? Only time will tell. Listen well and show your true knowledge to find a path to the Land of the Goblins.

As a result of numerous suggestions, we will also be making some changes to the skills interface. For one, we will be adding a 'How much xp till my next level?' statistic to each skill, so that you know just how close you are to achieving your goals!

Also this month, we will be introducing some fantastic changes to the Duel Arena. We have drawn information from a recent poll, various suggestions from players, forum posts and general feedback to create some improvements. There was overwhelming support for tournaments, so we offer enough room for 64 players and large prizes. You wanted more options on the Hiscores table, well, now you can track your Tournament Rank, which will reflect your Duel Arena awesomeness!

Later in the month, we bring you the 'Grand Exchange'. This new building will be located in the north-west of Varrock and will house a huge new addition to the game: the ability to offer items to buy and sell across ALL servers and to ALL players! You could go to the Exchange and put a full Barrows set up for sale, for example - then, playing Skullball in Canifis, you get a message telling you that they have sold and that you can go to the nearest bank to receive payment! The Grand Exchange will allow you to spend more time on the things you enjoy, providing a less time-consuming alternative to selling your items on the Forums or amongst the crowds of Varrock Marketplace.

Add a Guaranteed Content poll, Players' Gallery, Postbag and a Development Diary, and you have a month to remember.

We couldn't part from you without mentioning something very, very big on the horizon. The new year brings a stunning new update, and we are so happy with it that we are going to let a few hints trickle out over the next few weeks...

So November is finally upon us, what's your thought's on the things to come? :thumbsup:

Dark_Jab.png

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will definately be a month to change rs, I know I was one of the first to see the news update.. just felt like reading it instead of running here :P

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Woot no more world 2 if im trying to sell d stones and those weird items you can never sell without spending 30 mins trying to ge tonto w2.duel arena addition sounds absolutely great.The quest is teh penultimate so i can see the final part coming up soon,and teh cave goblin lands :shock: i thought the city was it

oh yeah i bet teh last few lines are either reffering to a skill or a new dungeon of some kind(dagganoth queen :pray: )

oh yeah im waiting for somone to come on here and say

"omg another noob month.why cant jagex create more content :evil: "

tifsdac6mc.gif

Just when I leave Runescape for WoW, they bring out the good stuff. :wall:

That trade anywhere thing is something I've always wanted in RS, selling/buying will become soooo much easier.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I can predict it will be like another 2 years before the next goblin quest after this one, just like with mep2 leading to mep3 :x

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

We are going to get little tidbits on a very big update for next year. Oh my oh my, it's either going to be a new skill or perhaps a big graphics overhaul? Similar to what they did when revealing bits about RS2...or something completely different. :XD:

I personally cannot wait for the grand exchange, it's going to make things sooo much easier. I could go put a huge amount of red chinchompa's on sale, and let them sell themselves whilst I go hunt for more. And most importantly! Whatever it is that you want in return, will be what you get! Rather then expecting say 14m cash and someone wasting your time with a a bunch of items which you just don't want...hopefully!

Woohoo!

Dark_Jab.png

Wow. That's a lot of new updates!

The assist system seems great. Now those false gem cuters will have a hard time :P.

And about that new interface, the most of ous tip.iters, I guess, already knew about because of that KB article in German. I can't wait until it's released...

But the thing which I like the most is the "Grand Exchange". Perfect for a merchanter like myself :D

But what is that "big thing"? New graphics :D?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Well, they did kinda steal the grand exchange from WoW's auction house, and isn't there something in WoW that lets others assist/change your items?

That trade anywhere thing is something I've always wanted in RS, selling/buying will become soooo much easier.

I don't see myself dropping much stuff anymore. Instead I'll be taking all of my random items to that place. Plus, treasure trail items might be worth something? I had a guthix stole that I couldn't sell for like 2 months...

nh.jpg

Wow at exchange system ... :/

And%20about%20that%20new%20interface,%20the%20most%20of%20ous%20tip.iters,%20I%20guess,%20already%20knew%20about%20because%20of%20that%20KB%20article%20in%20German.%20I%20can

Yea I recalled seeing that pic :P So yea we already know how that will look like

... wonder if they'll still use the yucky stickman for agility lol

I was gone for a couple months so I have not idea what the new interface would look like, any pictures or a link?

icecube7.jpeg

Well, they did kinda steal the grand exchange from WoW's auction house, and isn't there something in WoW that lets others assist/change your items?

Yes, because the idea of game-wide item listings was INVENTED by World of Warcraft. In fact, every single idea ever to exist in an MMORPG was invented by WoW. Those Jagex thieves.

yeah this sounds great!

i'm members but do free players get the exchange?

and if they did; they could put their items in at ridiculously high prices, so its basically unlimited bank space.

and so could members tbh....

so i'm guessing jagex will limit the amount of items you can sell on the exchange at a time, which will mean some normal trading. It may annoy some ppl, but jagex aren't about to give us unlimited bank/trading space.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Haha, Grand Exchange, awesome! I think this is the kind of thing everyone's been thinking about in the back of their mind... I know I've been interested in an auction house/exchange system for awhile. Obviously, the new system will have issues with merchants setting the price, and I bet there will be some sort of tax or percentage for items up for sale...

The assist system (say that five times fast...) sounds good also. It's disheartening when people won't let me help them craft things because they can't trust others. Let's see this change that!

A new quest is always good! The Cave Goblin storyline is not really my favorite as its suited for lower/midlevels, but it will still be entertaining all the same.

Make-X in Smithing can only be answered with the phrase, "finally." No more wasting two dwarf stouts just to make a full inv of items.

Tournaments in the Arena? Splendid! I imagine that Clan activities will benefit here. Now you can have an awesome Tip.It event which culminates in a multi-way fragfest to determine the winner!

Even small changes like adding Exp to Next Level are good. I kinda wondered why that wasn't the default already... now there's no more subtracting and rounding to thousands.

Good birthday present to me, Jagex! :D

yeah this sounds great!

i'm members but do free players get the exchange?

and if they did; they could put their items in at ridiculously high prices, so its basically unlimited bank space.

and so could members tbh....

so i'm guessing jagex will limit the amount of items you can sell on the exchange at a time, which will mean some normal trading. It may annoy some ppl, but jagex aren't about to give us unlimited bank/trading space.

i think the item will stay at bank till you have sold it, so it wont work as an extra bank space

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile