New REQUEST ASSISTANTS

Ignite_04

Because there is already topic about Assist sytem, Im just gonna rant here:

WHY CAN'T I DO A THING WHILE ASSISTING???? :boohoo:

I'd like to assist many people with this new feature, but because it distrupts my training, I have to pass :cry:

Please JaGEx, it is only 30k experience :wall:

reportbuttanerfb6.gifnewscape450x35fa3.gif

I'd like to assist many people with this new feature, but because it distrupts my training, I have to pass :cry:

Obviously if you help somebody, you can't do stuff yourself, otherwise it would be too easy to help people AND use the skills yourself. Previously, if you were doing something to help somebody out, you could not do something else at the same time, this is no different.

Besides, it makes perfect sense with logic. You help someone out and during that time, you cannot do something else yourself. It sounds to me like you were planning to use this system to do something for experience AND assist a friend just to get even more experience.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Well there are some bad points-I mean for instance a lvl 3 could buy a few rune ores, and then request someone with 99 smithing, thus making rune items and about 100k with little effort, while the other person had to work hard to get that 99.

It seems that with the new update, as long as there are a few 99s, everyone can do what the people who actually have the 99s can.

Dude, listen! It doesn't matter if that person worked hard for his 99. He's still technically going to the one smithing. Would you rather give your ores to someone you don't know and have them smith it, and possible run off with it?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

It wasn't an update to get you xp by loaning skills! It's an update to prevent scamming by trust-trade services!

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

taken directly from the rosf of what i said on there *with the addition of smileyes* :mrgreen:

well i think that jagex just made the beggars beg even more. the new players think well then... what's the point to this game if you can just get *enter here* for clicking the require assistance?

seriously it could be very, very, VERY very abused. i haven't tried the limits of this but i assume that you can probably make any 90+ level requiring skill item or such a few times.

whats the point of runescape now? :-k of course there were people that needed gem cutting or something but now theres people going to high level miners and such and just doing anything they please if they have the right person.

those are my disorganized thoughts. lets organize them.;)

scenario:

i log on to my account and see some things I've been saving for when i get to be a really high level in smithing.i have 3 rune bars in my bank and i think hmmm... whats the best thing for me i could make with 3 rune bars?... *i open up the smithing requirements tray* ooh look plate legs are only 3 bars. *looks up market price* ooh thats like 100% profit. excellent. *i go and do all of this*

wait a moment i think. HEY i could do this all the time! well lets see. how can i get rune bars? well if i go buy some i could probably make some profit.

"hey smither5923 can i require some assistance? i need to make some armor if it wouldn't be of any trouble to you. i guarantee it'll be worth wile."

"ok"

* i go and make several rune legs and such while in varrok and before you could even say holy fudgeberies i just made 100 rune legs*

well i just bought rune bars and the market price for them right now i believe is 12k 12*3=36. rune legs price=45k 45-35=10k PROFIT BY DOING NOTHING. :shock:

i thought that something like this wouldn't even see the light of day but apparently it did.

what can jagex do hey smart guy? :idea:

here:

1. make it so that if your more than 10 or so levels behind what you want to do then you cannot do it.

2. get rid of it not gunna happen though cause they never in the past got rid of an update.. <.<

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

At the end of the day, it's the same old thing.

I'm not really interested in debating the effect on "trust trading" - you have to be quite naive to assume everyone you meet is trustworthy in the first place. Probably even naive enough to believe the chump scammer when he says, "Oh I've already got my 30k xp today, would you just trade me directly instead please?".

Basically, it's gone from looking for a 99 smither with rune kites in his bank, to looking for a 99 smither who will take a stroll with you down to the nearest anvil. There's no significant change here, IMHO.

All in all, I give it a C-. It's not going to take bank organization out of the stone ages, and it's not going to put an end to macroes, but at least it's not another Sheep Herder.

I think this is going to help the Pures and Skillers who rulebreak.

Example:

PKer is low on cash.

PKer wants to wc for cash.

PKer has no wc skills.

PKer remembers his main has 99 wc but no logs.

PKer notices Req. Assistance.

PKer multi-logs on Main/PKer and "borrows" his main's 99 wc for some logs.

Dumb example but you get the idea..

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Dont know if this was said but the person requesting assistance gets absolutely no experience and there is a 30k exp limit on assistance per every 24 hours.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

I think this is going to help the Pures and Skillers who rulebreak.

Example:

PKer is low on cash.

PKer wants to wc for cash.

PKer has no wc skills.

PKer remembers his main has 99 wc but no logs.

PKer notices Req. Assistance.

PKer multi-logs on Main/PKer and "borrows" his main's 99 wc for some logs.

Dumb example but you get the idea..

You know, I'd say it's easier to get caught for multi-logging rather than drop trading. I don't see this update affecting rule breakers at all.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Well there are some bad points-I mean for instance a lvl 3 could buy a few rune ores, and then request someone with 99 smithing, thus making rune items and about 100k with little effort, while the other person had to work hard to get that 99.

It seems that with the new update, as long as there are a few 99s, everyone can do what the people who actually have the 99s can.

You realise rune ores cost 11-13k each right, they dont profit much at all, and you have ALWAYS had the option of getting a 99 smither to make you rune, i doubt any 99 smith would steal from you lol.

Think of it this way. I make a lvl 3. I find someone with enough mining to mine rune. They assist me. I go mine..lets say 6 rune ores. How much money have i spent? So far NOTHING...So. Now i got 6 rune ores. I find a high lvl smither. They assist me. Now i can make 2 rune rune legs. Rune legs are 45k each. 45k x 2 =90k. Now. My lvl 3 just made 90k. You see why this can be bad? And multi logging is hard to prove btw. It could just be your sister/brother playing on a laptop upstairs off the same router.

hotchickqp0.png

nadrunecraftingarmywz0.png

You realise rune ores cost 11-13k each right, they dont profit much at all, and you have ALWAYS had the option of getting a 99 smither to make you rune, i doubt any 99 smith would steal from you lol.

Think of it this way. I make a lvl 3. I find someone with enough mining to mine rune. They assist me. I got mine..lets say 6 rune ore. how much money have i spent? Nothing...So. Now i got 6 rune ore. I find a high lvl smither. They assist me. Now i got and make 2 rune rune legs. Rune legs are 45k each. 45k x 2 =90k. Now. My lvl 3 just made 90k. You see why this can be bad?

That's the exact equivalent of finding a high leveled miner willing to mine and give you the rune ores for those two pairs of rune legs. Good luck finding an 85+ miner willing to stand there while you mine the rune ores that could have been theirs.

Dont underst00d y0us rant man.

he is r b tyin to sai dat u cnt has buket wifout da new updaite dat is da assitaince fur da noobs nd is worried dat u r get expz nd leval upz wif no work LULZ!@

Hes worried that lower leveld people will get the exp instead of the higher levels getting it, and getting levels will account for nothing. Even though its been said that the HELPER gets the exp. :thumbsup:

d03& u und3rst41n10 h1& r4n7 ?!

Nobody that is ranting about this has noticed "Decline" exists. And to hell with Lvl3's abusing it, I can see themselves and the assisters (ESPECIALLY the assisters) getting owned in the Wildy while mining Runite. And besides, it's best to do it yourself, your the one with the skills and atleast you get to move and also get product. This update cracks down on "Free Gem Cutting" scams, so it's more positive than negative. After all, a RS without scammers but with rich low-levels is better than a RS with scammers but without rich low-levels. Those against this, you have failed and lost. Though I respect your point of view.

When you borrow a skill and use it, it's the equivalent of the assister getting the item and giving it to you for free!

Get that through your heads! It's not a level 3 getting high leveled items, it's a high level person getting high level items and giving it to the level 3!

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Before update:

Player A requires X item

Player A requests Player B to make X item

Player B makes X item, gets xp

After Update:

Player A requires X item

Player B aids player A to make X item, Player B gets xp

The end result hasn't changed, your rant fails.

You have just owned everyone who hates this update :thumbsup:

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Before update:

Player A requires X item

Player B makes X item, gets xp

After Update:

Player A requires X item

Player B aids player A to make X item, Player B gets xp

The end result hasn't changed, your rant fails.

You have just owned everyone who hates this update :thumbsup:

lol yep he sure did.

I love the update - i've never been scammed but I do "trust trades" quite often with crafting (like when i get a dragonstone and want it into an ammy). now it's exactly the same but no risk in getting scammed

i wish that people would see what i said the page before and see how much of a ruin this is for rs. you gotta put into perspective you can get 30k every day not only on the assistance thing but also on training. it just makes it a lot easier and people can now do nearly whatever they want in rs instead of just leveling up. correct me if im wrong but 9 in 10 things that you do in rs require a level in something. now that's been eliminated -.-

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

I'm starting to think that certain sectors of the tip.it community are simply pretending to be this dense in order to get a rise out of anyone with a functioning prefrontal cortex.

i wish that people would see what i said the page before and see how much of a ruin this is for rs.

I wish people would read, digest, have a parent explain to them if neccessary, the rebuttals to your arguments that have already been made in this thread.

you gotta put into perspective you can get 30k every day not only on the assistance thing but also on training.

You can not assist and train at the same time. To spend the time that it would take to assist someone to earn 30k worth of experience in a day would mean spending that time not training your skills. So if you have the skill level to smith addy plates, and someone with a low smithing level borrows you to make steel plates, the XP you could have earned making addy plates in the same amount of time would have been greater than the amount you earn from lending your level out to make steel ones.

it just makes it a lot easier and people can now do nearly whatever they want in rs instead of just leveling up.

People can do whatever they are able to find a willing assistant to let them do. There is a big difference. See the earlier points regarding no 85+ level miner standing around while a level 3 mines rune ores.

correct me if im wrong but 9 in 10 things that you do in rs require a level in something. now that's been eliminated -.-

However you have never required a level to have someone else do something on your behalf. You've never required a high farming level for someone else to grow torstol and give it to you. All the assistance update does is formalise that process removing any possibility that someone will run off with someone else's stuff as a result of trust-trading.

siganizq4.gif

The end result is the same, therefore there is no real downsides in it.

This update seems pretty much pointless then.

For an anti-scam update, they could have done something better. People rarely got scammed by any means of this.

I beg to differ, as back in my scamming days, ( :lol: ), I got quite a few people with the old "Free Gem Cutting", until i actually gave the gems back.

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.