New REQUEST ASSISTANTS

Ignite_04

This new feature is INSANE! I think Jagex just made one of their biggest mistakes EVER! It takes all the meaning out of Training your skills. Now friends will help friends get higher meanwhile others will train there own skills from 1-99 will feel ripped because players are MOOCHING off of other people with higher skills to advance themselves.

I really hope this update is removed immediately.

King+04.png

Before update:

Player A requires X item

Player A requests Player B to make X item

Player B makes X item, gets xp

After Update:

Player A requires X item

Player B aids player A to make X item, Player B gets xp

The end result hasn't changed, your rant fails.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Before update:

Player A requires X item

After Update:

Player A requires X item

+1.

What's the point of high level skills? Independence; not having to find someone with a high stat to assist you. Or, you know, just because you like skilling.

Before update:

Player A requires X item

After Update:

Player A requires X item

:lol: owned.

you should request the assistance of a person with a higher thinking level than you, perhaps thinking level 2

after all, the end result doens't change, it's just that it cuts down on scamming

Bdavis12.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

-.- That's from the Runescape page

Notes:

*You can adjust your filters to allow or disallow any assist requests.

*You can earn a maximum of 30,000 experience in any 24-hour period by assisting people.

*You cannot assist someone with a quest, an Achievement Diary (they will not be able to mark a task complete if they were assisted in this way) or a minigame.

lergo.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

i think its good. reduces scamming, which is the main thing.

high level players wont train that quickly anyway, as you can only get 30k exp max from giving assistance every 24 hours, whereas if you just trained for yourself, you could get 100 or 200k minimum exp in that time at some skills

This eliminates "trust-trading", which has been a thorn not only in Jagex's side, but fansites' as well. Aside from that, nothing's changed.

I fail to see the purpose of this rant... ::'

Whilst it eliminates most trades... it's defiantly not all of them. the 30k limit will still mean trust trades are still done for things like fletching, or cooking.... however these are usually done by friends anyway.

sig2webzx7.jpg

You are so wrong. The low level person won't be training their skills, they'll be training their friends. They WON'T get the xp. So yes, your rant is incorrect.

They can't advance their own skills 'mooching' off other people. They don't get any xp when they mooch.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Well there are some bad points-I mean for instance a lvl 3 could buy a few rune ores, and then request someone with 99 smithing, thus making rune items and about 100k with little effort, while the other person had to work hard to get that 99.

It seems that with the new update, as long as there are a few 99s, everyone can do what the people who actually have the 99s can.

Well there are some bad points-I mean for instance a lvl 3 could buy a few rune ores, and then request someone with 99 smithing, thus making rune items and about 100k with little effort, while the other person had to work hard to get that 99.

It seems that with the new update, as long as there are a few 99s, everyone can do what the people who actually have the 99s can.

You realise rune ores cost 11-13k each right, they dont profit much at all, and you have ALWAYS had the option of getting a 99 smither to make you rune, i doubt any 99 smith would steal from you lol.

The end result is the same, therefore there is no real downsides in it.

This update seems pretty much pointless then.

For an anti-scam update, they could have done something better. People rarely got scammed by any means of this.

Exactly, yet Jagex just assumed people would deal with it by "using the Ignore list." This problem is far larger than something that can be handled by ignoring noobs, because there is such a high volume of them, versus the limited capacity of the IL. Jagex once again proved that they are out of touch with their players, and their high level vetarans, in particular.

td2sig.jpg

Omali said:

Before update:

Player A requires X item

After Update:

Player A requires X item

He is right this thread does fail.

1. just like he said

2. gives you the option to offer beggars your skills and if they refuse they can not complain(they couldn't anyway).

3. However small the trust-trade scam market was it still helps by eliminating it entirely.

4. Players have been asking for updates like this and the "Great Exchange" for years.

There is only one downside to this and that is you cannot move while assisting someone.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

Yea i think that the Assist System is a very good update.

I can easily make a fury as long as i have an onyx gem.

And yea the assister really needs to be updated, i can only freakin stand there and pm friends as i watch the box.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

This rant is not even a well-thought one. Just another one-liner. You should at lease elaborate on your points or find evidence to support your inferences. Don't give one-liners. If possible, always provide suggestions or alternatives to the problem identified.

drapit.png

The end result is the same, therefore there is no real downsides in it.

This update seems pretty much pointless then.

For an anti-scam update, they could have done something better. People rarely got scammed by any means of this.

That's a baseless assumption. The scams with construction items got to a point where it became illegal to offer high-level construction services via trust-trade.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

ive absolutely no idea why people are ranting about the new assist system...some are even saying its gonna crash the economy. :o for goodness sake think before sprouting rubbish...just heard a nub ranting that price of rune ores will now drop since everyone can mine it. well, i would certainly like to see which lvl 85 miner would assist you to mine a rune ore right in front of his freaking face when he can simply take the ore and walk off 12k richer. and i dont see why this will discourage people to train. the whole purpose of runescape is to gain levels through making items with the part of "making items" being the process and the "levels" being the end-product. the way u are saying it makes people think as though the whole point in runecsape is to make an item -.- wow ive made a magic short bow...cool now i get to wield it...ingenious rant.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png