Monday Poll: How many times have you quit RuneScape?

MPM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never quit, I just seem to take a break every so often

So my count Is 0

sfhgjfyjruytkubb2.jpg
if you said "runescape" at my school, seeing that 90% of the population there are rednecks, they'd be like "whats that", me: "a computer game online", "eh!? oh one of those thinga-ma-gigers mrs clark got on her desk? a compooter?

I haven't quitted RS a single time actually. I have taken some weeks break a few times, but I have never quitted the game. I like it way to much to even think about quitting it <3: .

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

If by 'quit' you mean stop playing for a while then twice. Once cuz I got a gamecube and wanted to play that for a while. That lasted several months. The other time I stopped being able to afford membership and didn't want to play the free version. I'm currently almost out of money so I'm hoping I wont have to quit again. :pray::pray:

Psycho1701-P1.gifPsycho1701-P2.gif

:mrgreen:

Hahaha I boycotted Rs2 when it came out. lol i played RsClassic for a bit, then quit for about 8 months... I remember coming back my first time asking if anyone had a sleeping bag ahhhahaha :mrgreen:

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

I quit for about a year in 2005 because it was getting boring, then another year in 2006 because there was a kid in one of my classes that was addicted to runescape.... and wouldn't stop talking about....

:ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

No witty signatures for me :(

I have never left RS with the intention of not coming back. I have taken sabbaticals from RS when it became boring to me, but I have always got back into in a couple of months, often because of an interesting new update.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I quit once when I first started playing, my first account, a level 33 (which is now unbanned 8-) ) got banned when I tried to steal some guy's password that I didn't like.

I quit for about a month and then started my current account, Rune User 91. Been playing since.

I've never actually had a "hi-guys-i'm-quitting-rs" kind of quit, but I've taken two big breaks.

One way back in RSC when I came to the point that RS was getting boring and I'd rather play other games, and another right after getting into WoW. I'm still not on as much as I used to be :P

Quit 2x, first time...cause i lost my first rune weapon :lol: ...a rune longsword in the wildy.

And 2nd time...don't remember why...just got bored, played a little MS and other games, then came back. Missed one holiday event =[

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

quitting and coming back is none the less taking a break, which is something that is good for all runescape players.

So really, once you quit for good(hacked, or just actually never come back...) that is when you can say you quit.

In otherwords, I don't think this poll has much bearing.

Oh i dont know, when i quit i'd really had enough and gave everything away (approx 90m worth, would have loved to see the look on that random guys face when i just wandered in to fally bank and gave him a free d chain :D).

Thats actually properly quiting in my eyes but i got bored and signed up for members again about 8 months later.

BurntStats6.gif

Once, I played a little on an account back in the summer of 2002, I stopped playing after a week or two :roll:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Interesting poll, so far "not once" is winning, followed by "1 to 3 times"

I have never quit and come back but i may soon stop for a while because of school but i wont quit for a while :P

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

I have quit exactly 3 times. By quiting, I mean at least a week or 2 without play because I had sworn that "I quit!".

1st time: The first time I quit, I was but a simple newbie. I don't recall any of my levels, but I did know that I had just barely found out about Varrock even exsisting. When I had first joined I met someone named Rubbermaid (found out a few years later through a list someone posted here on tip.it that Rubbermaid was one of the first 2k people to ever sign up for runescape \' ... but that's not the point). He told me that he was gathering cow hides and that he would pay me 25 gp per hide. This, at the time, was a lot to me. Through this method, I had made enough money to purchase full iron + long sword + square shield. I was thrilled. I still didn't know about a bank (I had only been to varrock once, and didn't even stay long due to the fact I wanted to get more hides for more money). To make a long story short, I took a trip to the al kharid mines and got attacked by a scorpion deep at the back of the mines. My comnat level wasn't but.. level 8? If that. Needless to say, I couldn't make it out alive. I had lost my full iron + long + square and around 11k gold which to a level 8 in early 2002, is a FORTUNE!! I was so ticked off that I quit for around a week 1/2 or so.

2nd time: Due to the duping, I had stopped game play for a couple days because at the time I was obsessed with merchanting rares rather than skilling. I had accumulated 1 Christmas Cracker, 3 party hat sets, and an extra pink party hat (at the time, pink party hats were selling 15 million each and was the rarest). The dupe happened, I lost well over 100 million gp (as far as rare items prices were worth) and at the time if you had 100 million gold peices... you were riiiiiich. Not like these days where every other person and there mother has 100 million gp worth of rares. Not the point. In a panic I sold off all of my rares and ended up getting around 7 million gp for them ALL. Depressing, I know... but I (along with almost everyone else) paniced and sold for what we could because we thought the market was ruined. A few days after the duping I was hacked/cracked and my 7 million and other items (runes, full runes, r2hs, ect) were taken. This had been the 2nd time I had been hacked <.< .

3rd time: I just recently came back from this "break" of almost a year 1/2 or so :XD: . Long story short -- I had accumulated a bunch of money and rares back via merchanting, RS2 came out, rares kept steadily rising, and eventually I got hacked/cracked again (this time by a good RS friend) and lost around 850 million worth of rares. Oh, and it was 850 million gp worth in THOSE DAYS. Yeah. This was before precious party hats were 100-600 million gp a pop. If the prices back then were like they are now, I probably would have lost close to 2.5 billion in rares. This was my 3rd (and hopefully last) time getting hacked :thumbsup: .

There. My sad stories. Enjoy.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)