A record on who visits Runescape.com.

Lugia_Lvl138

http://www.quantcast.com/runescape.com

Runescape is among the top 1k websites in terms of traffic :-w. Slightly more girls than boys visit it, I thought this game had a 9:1 male majority :shock:. Before anyone says it's just people coming to the site, less than 1/4 of the people visiting RS are considered "passers by". The rest are "regulars" or "addicts". Before anyone says it's a bunch of guys playing girl characters, this is a record of who goes to runescape.com, not what type of character we have ingame.

Things like gold buying sites, cheat sites, and searches for "runescape cheats" or "runescape hacks" are pretty high on the list of other websites visited or searches typed. And finally, as proof that Jagex sold out to the little kids, Club Penguin and Weeworld are also high up on the list of other sites.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure those statistics they have are fairly accurate. It is possible to be reasonably certain of the information about people who visit sites simply based on their computer information and viewing patterns; not perfect obviously, but close most of the time. (Good thing too, since tons of studies rely on this sort of information to draw conclusions).

But wait a second, how can those statistics be right? They contradict information released by Jagex itself!. Well, here's how: the given statistics are based off the internet average in each catergory, not the objective proportions of each (look to the right of the "Gender" graph heading if you need proof). This means that if the internet averages of each category differ, but the site differs in both by a similar amount, they will appear about the same on the graphs, which can mislead people in judging their relative maginitudes. I might not be completely correct in this assertion, but I believe this is how it works.

that info isnt very accurate.

they cannot tell your gender. technology isnt that advanced.

and peoples region isnt amazingly accurate, it shows where your ip is coming from, which is not neceserally where you live. E.g, my ip says i live on the east coast of england in kent. when actually i live in the south-west of england.

bsmovies.png

and peoples region isnt amazingly accurate, it shows where your ip is coming from, which is not neceserally where you live. E.g, my ip says i live on the east coast of england in kent. when actually i live in the south-west of england.

Something like that got me kicked out of a clan before. For some reason my IP was apparently saying I was in Saudia Arabia, so they saw this and instantly thought I was a spy. Racism a bit there?

Something like that got me kicked out of a clan before. For some reason my IP was apparently saying I was in Saudia Arabia, so they saw this and instantly thought I was a spy. Racism a bit there?

Well, people in you clan were stupid..Even if you are from Saudia Arabia, why would you be a spy? Maybe they were thinking that terrorists are planning to attack runescape :-w

Palas1.png

LOL

What bs

Beyond how many people visit the site NONE of those statistics can be gained from just an ip address accessing a site

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

alexa.com is more interesting traffic detail site imo :)

Just checked Alexa. Never knew there were so many Lithuanians and Estonians playing :anxious:. It says the top 5 runescape countries by percentage of traffic base are:

1. US: 24.4%

2. Lithuania: 9.4%

3. UK: 6.1%

4. Estonia: 5%

5. Canada: 4.5%

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

thats complete bs, the rank one is yahoo, rabk 2 is google. i mean wtf google probably has twice the visits than google. there must be something else e arent seeing

now take a look at this

This site reaches over 176K U.S. monthly uniques. The site is popular among a younger following.The typical visitor plays World of Warcraft, frequents clubpenguin.com, and reads funnyjunk.com.

now tell me how the fred can most people that come on tip.it play world of warcraft and non of them be frequenters ob rs o.O

cmon that site sucks