Should JAGeX start selling Membership Cards?

PeaceBoy

You know like Nexon did with NX Cash cards. Except this is with JAGeX. If they ever make it I would be glad so I don't have to bother my bro for his credit card again. It could be sold at walmarts, targets, etc. But there is a problem with membership cards. Since its so much easier to get membership the underage "kids" who constantly beg for you stuff will be able to get members easier too. Should JAGeX sell them or not?

sasignaturepb.png

iPrismatic.png

スーパーかわいい~

Don't be so doggone paranoid of the kids. They have as much a right to play this game as an adult has.

Anyway, I don't think it'd be a good idea. Namely because of how easy it would be to get these cards into the hands of those that seek to sell RS gold online...this would only make it easier for them.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Don't be so doggone paranoid of the kids. They have as much a right to play this game as an adult has.

Anyway, I don't think it'd be a good idea. Namely because of how easy it would be to get these cards into the hands of those that seek to sell RS gold online...this would only make it easier for them.

I know there are some kids that aren't annoying but still runescape was meant for ages 12+.

sasignaturepb.png

iPrismatic.png

スーパーかわいい~

I know there are some kids that aren't annoying but still runescape was meant for ages 12+.

13+ but it doesnt seem like it, according to the updates they have been doing

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

Kids have less rights than adults in the world for very good reasons. Lack of responsibility, knowledge and life experience makes kids much more vulnerable to making wrong decisions than adults. Get used to it.

So, no. The system is fine as it is.

phata_elise.png

If you want to get a card like this all you have to do is go into any Walgreens or drug store and buy a prepaid credit card. It would be the same as this member card that you mentioned and it is easy to use. I don't see why a membership card for the game needs to be made when there are already these out there.

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

You could just buy Gift Cards/Prepaid Debit cards.

I agree, thats prob. why they haven't came out with any.

I also agree, there is no additional benefit to Jagex of replicating something that essentially already does this. It'll be more painful for them.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

JAGeX should never start selling membership cards IMO. Otherwise, instead of seeing children beg their parents for RuneScape membership, you'd just see them going down to the local game shop and buying a RuneScape prepaid card... lol. Anyway, if JAGeX does decide to release prepaid cards, it'd be hard to ship them all over the world and you'd be seeing forum rants like "OMFG JIGOX WHY Y00 NNBV SHIP PREPAID CARDS TU (insert country here)"

No they shouldnt sell prepaid cards. Even though it makes Jagex hell lot richer, it kinda spoils Runescape. (Hard to explain why but thats IMO).

Ive got a rich friend who plays about 6+ games within 2007 and bought over 500+ prepaid cards, and ended up quitting.

People would be like, hey you noob, you're only higher lvl cuz you played longer, now that im a member, i'll be as strong as you. etc

All you need is 1 rich person to spoil Runescape.

Plus i'd no longer get the respect that im the best Rs players in class if membership prepaids were sold. :D

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Kids have less rights than adults in the world for very good reasons. Lack of responsibility, knowledge and life experience makes kids much more vulnerable to making wrong decisions than adults. Get used to it.

RuneScape membership costs less in a month than 1 Big Mac meal does in a fast food restaurant. It isn't exactly a great financial sacrifice for any age, given your family is already wealthy enough to provide you with internet access which costs $10-$50 a month.

You'd pay $10 for a movie ticket worth 2 hours of fun, but not $0.16 a day for premium in a game you like to play daily or at least many times a week?

If you really want to pay for premium, you can buy Visa gift cards legally at any age (I think at least in the US). Or if you have a cellphone, use the PayByPhone option and ask your parents for permission so they don't get a surprise when the bill arrives :)

If you really want to pay for premium, you can buy Visa gift cards legally at any age (I think at least in the US). Or if you have a cellphone, use the PayByPhone option and ask your parents for permission so they don't get a surprise when the bill arrives :)

I think it is only for a home phone, it didn't work when I tried with my cellphone (which is Telus). Maybe Telus is not in the companies that let us pay things on the internet but w/e.

RuneScape membership costs less in a month than 1 Big Mac meal does in a fast food restaurant. It isn't exactly a great financial sacrifice for any age, given your family is already wealthy enough to provide you with internet access which costs $10-$50 a month.

You'd pay $10 for a movie ticket worth 2 hours of fun, but not $0.16 a day for premium in a game you like to play daily or at least many times a week?

It's not about the money. It's about the huge amount of time some people play this game. And generally, members will spend more time playing this game than non members. If an adult chooses the spend a huge amount of time on it, then - either smart or not - I accept his decision. However, a kid could easily think much more about the fun than its responsibilities at school. And that could be a decision he will regret a lot some years later.

phata_elise.png

I'm the only one here who thinks this could be a good idea :P?

I believe that this could be a great way to get more F2Pers to go P2P, because it would be much easier to buy the membership. Jagex would earn more money and all those kids who's mothers or fathers doesn't let them lend their credit cards, can now enjoy all the extra fun that membership can give them.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

"I would be glad so I don't have to bother my bro for his credit card again." if you arent old enough to have your own credit card then don't talk about kids being annoying...if anything jagex should work on an 18+ server...not the garbage you are talking about

i agree/... they would buy the cards and offer them in return for in game gold =/ not good

:thumbsup: