Do we need a new membership option? Hourly ...

truffoo

The monthly price is nothing at all really. In the UK at least, the price of playing runescape members is ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 - the minimum wage is ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã5.52 an hour, or 35 minutes worth of work, per month.

If you honestly can't afford this, and buying it will make your kids starve, you should think about selling your computer and cancelling your internet subscription because you cant afford those either lol.

Either that or get a part time job. Or work an extra hours overtime every month if you have a job already.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per hour is actually easier to work out than per day or per week.

How did you work out that? Currently it's just 28/30/31 days from the second you ordered your membership, a week or a day would work in the exact same way...

:oops: I stand corrected. Thanks.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

It's fine the way it is

[/Thread]

Didn't realise you had the power to end a thread just because of your opinion. =D>

I accept your opinion, but thinking that the whole thread is now over just because of what you think is just a tad arrogant.

truffoo.png

I disagree.

They should charge you per day. $5 (or whatever you pay per month) = 30 days of login. If you log in today, you pay 1 day. If you only play for 5 mins that day, you still loose a day.

So if you payed for 30 days, and went on vacation for a week, you would still have that week playable.

+1 I think that was the best idea so far from this thread.

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

I'd love it, I could finally bank my santa hat and buy my 99 firemaking cape :boohoo:

My parents are freaks and won't let me be a member whenever, but I don't think I'd have a problem convincing them to let me be a member on weekends, or just one time for a day. I'm sure there are many similar situations, and that Jagex could make substantial profit by doing this.

I like this Idea, it would let me do some members things with my friends or go to tet events, without having to pay for the full month. :thumbsup:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Guest Armagedon46disabled
5 bucks aint much in the first place if u cant afford to lose it i feel for you

I know $5 isn't much per month and it isn't for me but if you don't play enough to make the money worth it then you could be using that money somewhere better. It all adds up in the end.

dont play at all then, if u dont play enough that u dont wanna pay for a month of p2p play f2p nuff said

5 bucks aint much in the first place if u cant afford to lose it i feel for you

I know $5 isn't much per month and it isn't for me but if you don't play enough to make the money worth it then you could be using that money somewhere better. It all adds up in the end.

dont play at all then, if u dont play enough that u dont wanna pay for a month of p2p play f2p nuff said

Well with the hourly option you could get the most out of the time you can play for and not waste money on the time you can't.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

i can see that this could be a great idea although many people may just buy 1 hour on the weekend and then just stay on for several hours. :shame:

Probably not explained very well in my first post: the system should show a warning when 2 minutes time is remaining. That gives the player the opportunity to finish what they are doing (monster killing, etc) and get to a safe place. After the 2 minutes is up, they would be automatically logged out.

I am assuming that the system currently deals ok with players who logged out in a members area, then logging into a free area, maybe by home tele to Lumby or to next closest free area.

truffoo.png

Seems like a bad idea to me. :?

I know that you are trying to make it easier for the player but I think that would be a pain to program. And how would the decision be made as to how much an hour of gameplay in the member area actually costs?

I think that the system is just fine the way it is. If someone would be willing to pay per hour for the game then they should be willing to pay the little bit it costs a month.

I agree. Jagex would be too busy figuring out who played how many hours instead or making some good updates :-w :lol:

rook_2222.png

F2P for life :D

yes i think its a good idea, but you should only be able to use it for up to 24 hours of total paying. That gives you a cheaper 24 hour option to test members, but not abuse jagex's extra cheap rates.

Aslong as there's a limit on how much u can use it (or how little you can use it like u have to buy a day at a time), so it may be used as a way to let ppl taste members but not as a full time members option it'll be good. Jagex have proftis to make you know O:)

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

I don't like it *Looks at me playing 6 hours on school days and 16 hours on weekends and adds up money*

she/he's talking about having the hourly payment as another option, not removing the old monthly option at the same price.

The hourly thing would/should be more expensive per hour on the whole.

Admittedly, 62 hours a week for you would be expensive, but you could just use the standard monthly payment, because it would be cheaper for you.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

it's a bad idea. for 1 it's not worth the extra time and expense of customer service and transaction fees to cover each payment.

there's a reason for keeping records and transaction "reciepts" etc. what your idea would do is create 31 times the work and no profit because the fees would not cover the amount of time spent and the transaction fees associated. and 5 dollars a month is barely anything. it works great as it is. if anything were to be added, possibly add a little packet, buyable in stores that sell video games on the shelf, what's contained is a set of numbers for a month's membership on a card (like a phone card) and a little introduction and game info and instructions on how to subscribe and also information for how to subscribe for a longer period. or you could just buy the packets every month. stores like best buy, and dvd rentals etc. could sell them. but again that would require more employees and time and work so ? maybe test market it. and i dont agree with your idea at all.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

the current system is just fine how it is, anybody that can afford a computer and an internet connection yet cant afford 5$ a month for membership is beyond me (unless parents prevent it for other reasons which is different).

That's the case with me.. The internet connection is just for my mother's work, same with the computer. :|

The computer was free.

j0xPu5R.png

it's a bad idea. for 1 it's not worth the extra time and expense of customer service and transaction fees to cover each payment.

there's a reason for keeping records and transaction "reciepts" etc. what your idea would do is create 31 times the work and no profit because the fees would not cover the amount of time spent and the transaction fees associated. and 5 dollars a month is barely anything. it works great as it is. if anything were to be added, possibly add a little packet, buyable in stores that sell video games on the shelf, what's contained is a set of numbers for a month's membership on a card (like a phone card) and a little introduction and game info and instructions on how to subscribe and also information for how to subscribe for a longer period. or you could just buy the packets every month. stores like best buy, and dvd rentals etc. could sell them. but again that would require more employees and time and work so ? maybe test market it. and i dont agree with your idea at all.

You're making assumptions on how it would work and be paid for.

You wouldn't be able to buy it in hourly lots, but in blocks of time. So I might pay for 10 hours @ 50c per hour = $5, and then use that time over 2 or 3 months. Sure, the $ amount is the same, but you might be saving $5 or $10 depending on how long you actually play.

I look at it pretty similar to how prepay mobile phones work. You pay for time, then get a top up when you're getting low.

I am certain that this would increase the number of members, as some have indicated that they would like this. Whether the increase would be justifiable for Jagex to implement this sort of thing is still very debatable.

truffoo.png

$5 is not that bad. I would have to say it isn't the cost that holds people back but more so method of payment. Most younger people don't have a debit card and money orders are not worth the work. Runescape helps me save money. I say, hmm go to lunch or save $5 bucks and eat at home. Then bank the money.

Do this many times a month, have mem paid and a littel extra cause of saving.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

i thinks its a great idea because players who only play for a little while and are members get kind of ripped of.And if this idea dose happen i think then there should be a pre paid acc, so for example you charge up your acc up to $10 and you have about 3 months to use it before it expires.A bit like prepaid calling card really. But i dont think jagex will agree with this idea because they wont make as much as they would have wanted to.

It would be hard to program the system but there are already systems like this in use and i dont jagex will make their own but hire other systems.

My cool signature look ----------------------