The REAL Undisputed Best Old School List Of True Pkers

burningflesh

• 3 months later...
Besty, Adx1! I haven't seen you guys in a good... 5 years now? I don't know if you'd still remember me, it's been a while (that, and I quit in '05 and haven't been on any RS boards since, until now, that is.)

Anyway, my personal list is:

Adx1: For obvious reasons, but I remember me and him were enemies at the start, and I only ever got away once, because I tricked him near a tree. :P After that, me and him teamed up on the London servers (1 usually I think?) and we'd rape everyone we came across. At that time, I had unlimited Fire Blasts or something, and rarely missed catches, so we were a very good team. :P He's easily the best catcher on RSC, imo.

Imthebest171: I'm surprised this guy hasn't been mentioned more often - he was a phenomenal catcher, rarely ever seen him miss a catch, if ever. He was probably the laziest leveler in the game, stayed at 71 for like nearly 2 years, lmao. I remember when I had my pure, Dead Vegitto (76-50-99-85, with 90 range) at around lvl 70-75, me and Besty would rape the Castle every time, and raped pretty much every where else until the 120s came after us lol.

Deadskinmask/Kdog3wa: I consider these guys very good catchers, better than Swifty by FAR in terms of skill, we were all enemies at first, but became friends after I had leveled to 110+ and pked and stayed until death every time, unlike most people back then. These guys were probably the best catchers at 120, besides Adx1 who trumped them in skill, still.

Anyway, that's all I can really remember. I don't recall seeing or remembering anyone who could catch me or be as tactical as these guys were in PVP. I'm also saddened I wasn't mentioned. :( I pked about 350 rune sets, solo just at 111 by myself, with pure catching 70% of the time (although, I [bleep]'d out the runes spells and my 92 92 99 96 stats a lot, which resulted in a lot of 3 hits.)

90strondead.png

lawl

nice it looks like ur running windows 95 lol

Rs used to run soo smooth for me in Windows ME - I was gutted when my dad changed it over to XP!

Now i don't play RS, i have my own computer and i absolutely despise Windows Vista.. I think i just don't like change! (though vista is poor)

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

Rs used to run soo smooth for me in Windows ME - I was gutted when my dad changed it over to XP!

Now i don't play RS, i have my own computer and i absolutely despise Windows Vista.. I think i just don't like change! (though vista is poor)

yea vista is crappy for games. most experts advise you to keep windows xp for now until they fix all the bugs and stuff, but for business vista is awesome. im just waiting for the new windows version i cant remember whats it called (windows 7???)

rs never ran smooth for me in 2001 lol i got 3-4 fps and when it was good with f1 i could get up to 6-7 :thumbsup:

UGHHHH, when I first played I was running windows Millennium Edition and I could never get rs to run for 5 minutes without freezing lol. Luckily it wasn't too long before I changed to Windows 2000 then XP.

Stud112 (UNBANNED)

99 atk, 92 def, 99 str, 97 hp, 118 combat

studsig76.jpg

• 1 month later...
Kryptix: Although he's a [rooster], he was actually a very good catcher, not too sure why he ended up autocatching.. Musta banged his head or something His stats were pretty low but he made up for that in pking knowledge, he pked with Me and Sue for a while and without being too bigheaded, he picked up a thing or two, he knew where to cover, how to lure, he was good bait! Had high mage and used it.. Shame he became such a plank really. Better on Pay to play.

Almost the same as Kryptix, they were actually pretty good pkers and had no need to start autoing etc.. They did and that tainted their memory.. Well that and the fact they were both utter planks! Good Freeplay.

Awww, I'm flattered. But just for the record, I only ever saw RS as a 'mess around' and didn't really care. I knew a few people in person and most of the time I was on the phone to one of them as I found it made the whole experience a lot funnier. It's a trick that not many people seemed to do. I remember playing with a few players and both being on voice so when we were catching, we could just say where to cover and what to do. It worked really well and we won a lot of fights. "Mage, mage, mage!", "Stay South East...", "Computer is lagging, get ready to catch..."

It worked surprisingly well. ;)

But yes, you're bang-on with the 'tainted their memory' statement. I played fairly for 3-4 years and even to this day I considered myself a decent catcher (I tried catching on RSC about 8 months ago and started to understand why so many people found it so hard), yet the second you start auto-catching everyone is like, "He could never catch, he only auto'd." -- Uhm, nope, it was just a bit of fun. I mainly used to play alone, but some of the most fun fights I had were when me, Zorro, Sue, Vid and Adx were all after the usual suspects on F2P. It really was good fun, no matter what anyone says.

But to stay on-topic, the best players... Hmmm. I've been 'enemies' with most so I'll just list the people who gave me the hardest time: Sue Me and Adx1 mainly, for their skill & stats combined. There was a lot of talented players like Zorro who didn't have the stats so don't get remembered. I do agree with stats playing a major part. If Adx1 and Sue Me were the same stats as I was back in the day, I know they wouldn't be remembered the same (that's not an insult or anything, it's just the truth -- 99 everything whilst firing the most powerful magic contentiously can't be matched by a 80hp player firing the same magic). Vid, DSM and Zorro spring to mind too. Arkan was alright, but pretty much everyone else on that list was incredibly easy to get away from. They're only on there because of their 99-everything stats. There were some quality players that don't get remembered because of their lower stats.

hehe @ kryptix. a clan group of like 10-15 exercitum lead by supa vegata chased him up from iceys all the way down to just north of monks where the mountain splits and u can choose to go to edgeville or the monastery. he had about 10 hp left from running all the way down there and i was coming up from monastery, he was a left click at the time and i stole the kill from those 15 pkers right under their nose :D

too bad my old computer is scrap metal now because the pic was pretty funny.

i did a similar kill on snake slava at a war once. cant remember who was killing him tho but he was running SE diag and i came running up and 3 hit him off 1/4 hp becase he had no food :lol:

so since i wasnt a top 10 catcher i had to become a magical ninja with the good ol' cloak and dagger technique:twss:

Awww, I'm flattered. But just for the record, I only ever saw RS as a 'mess around' and didn't really care. I knew a few people in person and most of the time I was on the phone to one of them as I found it made the whole experience a lot funnier. It's a trick that not many people seemed to do. I remember playing with a few players and both being on voice so when we were catching, we could just say where to cover and what to do. It worked really well and we won a lot of fights. "Mage, mage, mage!", "Stay South East...", "Computer is lagging, get ready to catch..."

It worked surprisingly well. ;)

But yes, you're bang-on with the 'tainted their memory' statement. I played fairly for 3-4 years and even to this day I considered myself a decent catcher (I tried catching on RSC about 8 months ago and started to understand why so many people found it so hard), yet the second you start auto-catching everyone is like, "He could never catch, he only auto'd." -- Uhm, nope, it was just a bit of fun. I mainly used to play alone, but some of the most fun fights I had were when me, Zorro, Sue, Vid and Adx were all after the usual suspects on F2P. It really was good fun, no matter what anyone says.

But to stay on-topic, the best players... Hmmm. I've been 'enemies' with most so I'll just list the people who gave me the hardest time: Sue Me and Adx1 mainly, for their skill & stats combined. There was a lot of talented players like Zorro who didn't have the stats so don't get remembered. I do agree with stats playing a major part. If Adx1 and Sue Me were the same stats as I was back in the day, I know they wouldn't be remembered the same (that's not an insult or anything, it's just the truth -- 99 everything whilst firing the most powerful magic contentiously can't be matched by a 80hp player firing the same magic). Vid, DSM and Zorro spring to mind too. Arkan was alright, but pretty much everyone else on that list was incredibly easy to get away from. They're only on there because of their 99-everything stats. There were some quality players that don't get remembered because of their lower stats.

I disagree.

I think it's all about perception, your perception is that i was a good pker (thankyou) but you immediately choose to say all 99's and that's your perception, that i was a good pker with 99hp... Was the majority of my pking done before or after 99hp? i'd go as far as to say about 85% of my total pking was done prior to 99hp.. I didn't suddenly appear at 120 combat and start pking (hello Maniac 666!! :)) I started pking and getting noticed basically when my internet connection changed form 28k or 56k can't remember what [cabbage]e i had lol.. to DSL which was around about 95-100 combat bearing in mind i pked with Vid since early lvl 70's, the only thing that separated us was that i had the patience to post kill topics whilst afking and David (Vid) was too lazy lol.

I agree, stats play a major part of pking.. But was i remembered for killing randomnoob101 or other people my level, that's rhetorical, it doesn't really need an answer - what got me most attention was killing either ALOT of people or high profile pkers.

You say that no-one remembers Zorro and Vid, i don't think that's the case, every kill topic i come accross someone has mentioned them - the difference is they were more low-key & credit to them because people used to fight Vid and just not know what had hit them lol.. he was an unknown quantity which worked perfectly for him, nobody knew him so wouldn't run until no food.. Vid would catch dead.. Zorro was even funnier though i think his reputation was more than Vids, if you were battering Zorro you'd need to watch out - Cause he'd 3 hit you lol.

The difference with these pkers is that they didn't taint their memory by autoing, weakening and just generally being idiots, Luke you WERE a good pker, you could catch and unlike most 80ish hpers you knew the value of mage, u turned into an arsehole though and started autoing, weakening, logging, x'ing and generally running your mouth.. I can still remember yours and Darks attempts at stopping me getting 99 Hp when i was training in Pirates.. I vaguely remember killing you both on one occasion aswell.

If you had conducted yourself in the same way Zorro and Vid did, you'd probably be mentioned in the same breath as them but unfortunately you didn't - that's your choice, i'm sure you're over it lol :) but it's what i say, it's all about perception.. I'll show a few examples:

Earlcar - Couldn't fight alone, needed Justin and Piggy.

Eugene Ru - Couldn't resist the log-out button at any cost.

Swifty Mcvay - Sir Logalot, wouldn't fight people his lvl without team.

Meetyourpker - Same story, wouldn't fight ppl his level and logged.

Kryptix - Autoer, Weakener, logged, X'er and above all else...... Pked with Darkevil3k

That's my perception of them when i hear the name but think about it like this aswell:

Earlcar - Hit mad good, i saw him get alot of 3 hits when it mattered.

Eugene Ru - Good catcher, when he wasn't logging he could diag every way.

Swifty Mcvay - Decent pker, especially in a team, understood where to stand.

Meetyourpker - Good catcher and pker when he was lower, got teamed alot as high lvl.

Kryptix - Great catcher & clever pker, knew when to intervene to stop someone escaping.

It shows how easy a memory can be tainted by a negative action.

I think if i'd have remained lvl 106 (85 80 96 89 - 90 mage 60 prayer - I THINK) or thereabouts.. I'd have still been voted as a good pker, i ALWAYS used mage and that made ALOT of difference, i'd always fight higher levels and i'd always chance the kill :P Yeah i have no doubt i'd have died more if i'd stayed a lvl 106 but i don't think stats make the pker, come play a private server - u see 99 hp don't make them good pkers lol :P and they've got loadsa bloods etc - lemme know if ya do i'll start ya off lol :D

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

I see exactly what you're saying Ad, but back when you were 100 combat there was a lot less 'high-levels' than there was when I was 100. It's difficult to put my point across. I know you didn't just get 99hp and I remember you from when you were about 103 combat, but at that time I was 60 combat (I believe). By the time I was 100 combat, it seemed like everyone was 99hp (ish). I'm not saying you wouldn't be known as a good if you hadn't of reached 99hp, but it certainly made it easier. At my peak, I was 104-106 combat with 95+ magic so I know it's possible. I used to regally kill people much higher than me, BUT killing people my own level was a LOT easier. Say for example... Eugene Ru. Same level as you were. You used to batter him when he wasn't logging on site, but he was the same combat as you. If he was 140 combat, do you think he would have been logging on site? Actually, he probably would have, but you get where I'm coming from. The only person that used to trouble me at my level was 'Xrs' -- he was very underrated and never gets mentioned, but he was something like 85 68 98 with high magic and no-one really knew him. He used to give me a good go. I remember being 106 and being confident I could beat pretty much anyone up to about 114 when I may get beaten, but like you say, that's to do with maging constantly.

Adx you were almost as bad as swifty with the whole teaming aspect, and the fact you never pked off of london servers hardly.

And seriously, when did ever log hardly from you ? I think you got me twice , and dsm got me once. Just chose not to ever fight dsm, never thought his internet gf was something to lose a friendship about.

well maybe i over exaggerated you about being as bad as swifty but you often times had some one on the way to any of your fights. And 2 vs 1 odds were always good with people who legitly knew how to pk back then, being there was quite a handful late in runescape.

Some of the top pkers listed on this post logged quite more then I ever did.

And your prob right about myself getting teamed a lot , there was few people I actually ever cared to pk with because of the fact I hated the whining or crying of most pkers. Unitpoop was probally truely the only guy I could go pk with get 7 or 8 sets between us , and neither one of us cared who got what. O and the fact I hated any one with a ego as big as mine, lol.

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

Adx you were almost as bad as swifty with the whole teaming aspect, and the fact you never pked off of london servers hardly.

And seriously, when did ever log hardly from you ? I think you got me twice , and dsm got me once. Just chose not to ever fight dsm, never thought his internet gf was something to lose a friendship about.

well maybe i over exaggerated you about being as bad as swifty but you often times had some one on the way to any of your fights. And 2 vs 1 odds were always good with people who legitly knew how to pk back then, being there was quite a handful late in runescape.

Some of the top pkers listed on this post logged quite more then I ever did.

And your prob right about myself getting teamed a lot , there was few people I actually ever cared to pk with because of the fact I hated the whining or crying of most pkers. Unitpoop was probally truely the only guy I could go pk with get 7 or 8 sets between us , and neither one of us cared who got what. O and the fact I hated any one with a ego as big as mine, lol.

There's a major difference to when i teamed people and when Swifty teamed people though.. I generally left the bank ALONE and met another pker in wildy, i never called for help against one person.. Only evened the odds when people teamed me.. Oh and i didn't run from any team unless i was no food.

My point was simply that, when i think of you, you logged and would rarely fight me.. I don't think of you as a good pker for that reason - because the negative thoughts come first.

I pked off London servers when it was necessary lol.. If there was no-one to kill on my servers then i'd change.. But if there were people to fight then why would i lol? Don't blame me because London servers were more popular for pking lol.

I think you forget one thing Meet.. I NEVER ONCE logged from a fight, when you're saying i had someone coming to a fight lol.. That was probably because i was running you towards them.. If the person wasn't gunna catch me dead, i'd happily run them into a friend lol instead of making a B-line to the bank.. The outcome was generally that they died.. How is this something i should be ashamed of lol? It's good god damn sense.

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

One thing I simply don't understand, is the big hype about Bs Arkan. Did any of you guys really know him?

I knew him, once. At that time I didn't realise that there wasn't just one guy playing on that character. I had him on MSN too, but that was just one of the "owners" of the acc. That guy, even tried to send me a keylogger. Sending me "mario[Caution: Executable File]", an exe file at the size of 50kb, how can he be that cheap?

Anyways, that was like the last time I talked to him, and it was in 2003. Don't know how the player changed after that, but it was many people on it...

• 2 weeks later...

Someone else owned Arkan in the end. He either gave his character away, sold it or he got hacked. The real Arkan was incredibly good at catching, and the only guy other than Adx1 and Sue Me that I would struggle to escape from. Some idiot got hold of the account, and started keylogging people like you say.

Someone else owned Arkan in the end. He either gave his character away, sold it or he got hacked. The real Arkan was incredibly good at catching, and the only guy other than Adx1 and Sue Me that I would struggle to escape from. Some idiot got hold of the account, and started keylogging people like you say.

im pretty sure bs arkan was never legit anyways... and he did auto a good amount of his levels as well as auto caught...

im pretty sure bs arkan was never legit anyways... and he did auto a good amount of his levels as well as auto caught...

He didn't AC anytime after he had mage - Of that i assure you.

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

well i admit i could be very wrong bout autoing lvls... ACing however im very skeptical about knowing the many times ive fought against him in wild. there were definitely times it didnt seem like the same person trying to catch me tho. regardless if it was just him sharing the account... once a cheater, always a cheater.

• 10 months later...

The Arkan that i knew/know didn't auto, i have him on Msn though and believe he joined an armed force (not sure which one) and gave his character to a rl friend/sibling or something like that

People that say ''he must auto he caught me every way'' think about it logically... You run into the guy a handful of times and he catches perfectly IT CAN HAPPEN but he certainly didn't kill everyone he came accross and nor did i, i pked with Arkan plenty and saw him miss alot of catches (as did i) but he was an intelligent pker so if i was catching he was stood in the right place to pick up the slack and vice versa so even when we missed a catch the other could pick up and we could re-position.

We used to 'play catch' when there was no-one out to kill and he'd miss then too (even when it's fists and there's no eating)

Arkan had a great connection and i believe a different Java as he could 2 square a NW/SE catch whereas something would always prevent me doing this, it was never bad positioning or timing the game itself would just not allow me to catch a straight on those axis - i had to either run paralell, one square them (Also hard with my connection) or follow their line until they went straight for a square and get them then.

If Arkans character did begin to auto, it was long after the real owner passed it on and shouldn't affect any reputation he previously earned.

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only