Smithing on tutorial island - Over level 10

aoe325

Following a thread that got locked because nobody understood what the author meant, I did some experiments on tutorial island. Here's what i found out :

- Smithing can now be raised above level 3 on tutorial island (currently 13)

- Smithing is now the only skill on tutorial island that allows make x

- Making bronze bars give no xp after level 3

Credits go to BloodArgon for the discovery

I'm still trying to find out if it has a point but lol

If there is no cap at all than it's the perfect way to train smithing until you can do iron

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obvously a big created when they updated the smithing skill. its some how reset the tutorial island restrictions.

Likely, the bug was created because the Level 3 cap was built to restrict when you could make one, five or ten, but when people make-X, the code simply gives them normal experience. You can't gain exp off of anything you used to be able to do (making the bars), but they just forgot to add the line of code that capped the experience.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

I'm going to laugh if you get yourself to 20 or more mining , and then when you exit the boat into Lumbridge you find that the stat is lvl 3 again, and all the crap you made is gone (and it could happen. I tried to get away with a bunch of arrows once, and found out on lumbridge they where all taken.)

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

This is rather blatant bug abuse, and it would be wise of people to stop admitting doing it on a public forum.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

This is rather blatant bug abuse, and it would be wise of people to stop admitting doing it on a public forum.

How so? No one's actually gaining an advantage anywhere... in fact it's probably a disadvantage to train on tutorial island since you can't actually sell to a shop...

How so? No one's actually gaining an advantage anywhere... in fact it's probably a disadvantage to train on tutorial island since you can't actually sell to a shop...

You can only make daggers, you can't keep the items, you cannot sell to a shop.

It's bronze, so it's still going to be very slow in the long run. New players could accidentally stumble upon this, they may not fully understand that they could be abusing the system.

I don't see much harm in this, it's affecting other players, your not raising your mining level with it. So it's not like you are going to be able to go straight to lumbridge and start hunting down coal and mith to start making mith plates.

The only problem with it is that it's the most closest ore, furnace and anvil spot with no danger.

Dark_Jab.png