First Car

RazorAce

I'd pick the second one (a nissan?). I had a friend at a place I use to work that had a Mitsubishi eclipse, it looked similar to yours and it was in the shop a lot. Ends up his girlfriend dumped him due to him having no cash for her from paying the car payment, the insurance and the cost to fix it. =X

Also you might want to think about looking around for maybe a toyota, kia, or dodge. Those are really reliable and if you think about getting a truck mazda's and fords are good.

Its a Hyundai Tiburon. And Kias aren't reliable...

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd pick the second one (a nissan?). I had a friend at a place I use to work that had a Mitsubishi eclipse, it looked similar to yours and it was in the shop a lot. Ends up his girlfriend dumped him due to him having no cash for her from paying the car payment, the insurance and the cost to fix it. =X

Also you might want to think about looking around for maybe a toyota, kia, or dodge. Those are really reliable and if you think about getting a truck mazda's and fords are good.

Its a Hyundai Tiburon. And Kias aren't reliable...

Well, the older models aren't but the newer models are from what I hear.

yoshi161.png

You should be looking for the following three factors:

-Fuel Efficiency

-Price

-Reliability

My first and second cars were Saturns. I put 185k miles on the first one (that cost me $3000 dollars and only went in the shop 4 times for major maintenance). My second Saturn was a hand-me-down from my Father, but I have put 25k miles on it and it is in perfect health. I also get 40-45 miles per gallon. I plan on buying a fancy Saturn this coming summer (because my current car is like the baseline with no power anything).

Keep it simple, it's your first car. I had the option of a 68' Mustang for my first car, but the insurance would have been killer, it gets 12 miles to the gallon, and restoring it would cost thousands.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

DO NOT get a mustang. they're the [cabbage]tiest cars ever. only tough [wagon] have them, let alone everyone and their mom.

dont get a camaro also. same as mustang, only their the more superior company (GM).

hmm..tuners are all junk such as the ones you put up. get a dakota or s10 or a full size chevy truck...something not girly but has power..

edit: incase your wondering, my first car was an 84 s10 2.8l 4sp manual. i still have it, in the process of putting a 350 into it. it got me around and it was fairly quick.

second first vehicle (heh): 91 geo tracker. still have that too. cost me $250 and a $150 fuel injector. not the manliest of vehicles but nothing some 2.5% tint didnt fix. plus i got a bangin system in it.

edit edit:

you didnt sound like you were woried about gas, seeing as your mom is willing to buy you a car for $11,000. so thats why i suggested what i did.

diabl0_915.png

DO NOT get a mustang. they're the [cabbage] cars ever. only tough [wagon] have them, let alone everyone and their mom.

dont get a camaro also. same as mustang, only their the more superior company (GM).

hmm..tuners are all junk such as the ones you put up. get a dakota or s10 or a full size chevy truck...something not girly but has power..

edit: incase your wondering, my first car was an 84 s10 2.8l 4sp manual. i still have it, in the process of putting a 350 into it. it got me around and it was fairly quick.

second first vehicle (heh): 91 geo tracker. still have that too. cost me $250 and a $150 fuel injector. not the manliest of vehicles but nothing some 2.5% tint didnt fix. plus i got a bangin system in it.

edit edit:

you didnt sound like you were woried about gas, seeing as your mom is willing to buy you a car for $11,000. so thats why i suggested what i did.

Why should he put up with trucks' terrible gas economy, when all he wants is just attention?

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

DO NOT get a mustang. they're the [cabbage] cars ever. only tough [wagon] have them, let alone everyone and their mom.

edit edit:

Why should he put up with trucks' terrible gas economy, when all he wants is just attention?

i get 16 mpg with my s10..the newer ones iwtht he 2.2 4 cyls get 18-25...

about the attention thing...theres trucks that get way more attention than fart cans.

sebbeberg Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:35 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm driving a Ford Fiesta 1.9i, and if you get one in good shape then it's worth gold. But the fuel efficince(sp?) is not so good for such small car.

If you need to get away fast then it's a good car

my friend has a ford fiesta same motor and everything he gets 35 mpg city and 45-50 highway..his is a stick...it all depends how you drive it i guess.

diabl0_915.png

edit edit:

i get 16 mpg with my s10..the newer ones iwtht he 2.2 4 cyls get 18-25...

about the attention thing...theres trucks that get way more attention than fart cans.

sebbeberg Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:35 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm driving a Ford Fiesta 1.9i, and if you get one in good shape then it's worth gold. But the fuel efficince(sp?) is not so good for such small car.

If you need to get away fast then it's a good car

my friend has a ford fiesta same motor and everything he gets 35 mpg city and 45-50 highway..his is a stick...it all depends how you drive it i guess.

Look, I don't condone "fart cans" or any of that ricer bs, its stupid. But if you're saying he shouldn't get a Camaro, and that an S10 will get him more looks, you're crazy!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

i never said he should get an s10...i just said that's what i have. i dont need cars to get attention..but thats besides the point (no tough [wagon]-ness meant)

what i meant was....dont get something that the whole world has. go driving for 10 min and tell me how many mustangs you see.

the same thing is almost true with camaros.

the only advice i can give you is if you're going to get a camaro, get a 4th gen (93-02 i believe..) with the 350. get the ls1 if you can. if you get a car that was built and is known as a mucle car...you might as well go all out and get the bigger motor. THIS......will get you attention.

diabl0_915.png

*Runs away, comes back with flame shield*

Mom got me the first one!! She pulled up w/ it yesterday and its mine now! lol... Well... Took it driving today, deer ran out infront of me, i hit the tail end of it... =[ Didnt do much dammage but but a little dent in the hood. Im still shakin from it, and ya, ive got incar w/ an instructer tomorrow also, im too scared to drive... lol

http://s9.invisionfree.com/pec <--Best clan ever.

khii8.jpg

I'm happy I had a crap car for my first car, brings fond memories when you think back to it, haha.

And Poopingman, why you so down on "ricers" I think it is more a state of mind then the crap you put on your car.

I'm currently saving up for a Nissan Pulsar GTi-R, and it will be moderately riced, as in bigbore, BOV, wastegate (good for scaring old people), it is pretty much a pocket rocket, but I will hardly ever race it, and if I do, I will take it out to legal drags. Don't get me wrong, I would love a nice old American Muscle car (not a new one mind you, new cars suck) but have a go at buying an American Muslce car over here, $20,000 for a half-way decent one.

And hey, 0-100kph in 5.4 seconds (stock) from a four-banger aint too bad. :P

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

I'm only on my L's but the car I'll be driving when I reach my P's (meaning you can drive by yourself) is an early-mid 90's white Holden Commodore. Looks alright, nothing special, but its not a pile of crap.

I'm only on my L's but the car I'll be driving when I reach my P's (meaning you can drive by yourself) is an early-mid 90's white Holden Commodore. Looks alright, nothing special, but its not a pile of crap.

I'm not the biggest fan of any Commodores after '88. I love my old Holdens, my bro has a '72 Holden Premier, I love that car, first car I ever drove was a 5 litre V8. I'm thinking of tracking down a EH Special as my daily driver. :P Either that or a VL Calais. What size engine?

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of any Commodores after '88. I love my old Holdens, my bro has a '72 Holden Premier, I love that car, first car I ever drove was a 5 litre V8. I'm thinking of tracking down a EH Special as my daily driver. :P Either that or a VL Calais. What size engine?

Nice sounds very good. Wouldn't have a clue about the engine size. It was my brothers before and I never asked him. Its a V6 though.

Lucky you driving your first car as a V8. My Parents have a Holden Statement V8 but wouldn't ever trust me on it while I'm still learning. I'd have to wait till I have my full license anyway, considering the State Government over here are strick and won't let P Platers or L Platers drive V8's.

If there's any Holden I'd love to get though is the Club Sport. That is one mad car. :)

Both of them are too big as your first car. you dont need anything near as big as that, its a waste of money on insurance, tax and fuel.

Suzi made soem good points so I dont need to repeat them.

My first car was a Peugeot 106 and it had a 1.1 engine. Was nippy enough when I put the floor down and incredibly cheap to insure and run.

504455773_13609f8481.jpg

Wait until you are older, have more money and are more experienced as a driver before getting a bigger car. The money you will have saved over the years while you are still getting eperience can be used to get something extra special in a few years.

My new car

dsc00334xo6.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm happy I had a crap car for my first car, brings fond memories when you think back to it, haha.

And Poopingman, why you so down on "ricers" I think it is more a state of mind then the crap you put on your car.

I'm currently saving up for a Nissan Pulsar GTi-R, and it will be moderately riced, as in bigbore, BOV, wastegate (good for scaring old people), it is pretty much a pocket rocket, but I will hardly ever race it, and if I do, I will take it out to legal drags. Don't get me wrong, I would love a nice old American Muscle car (not a new one mind you, new cars suck) but have a go at buying an American Muslce car over here, $20,000 for a half-way decent one.

And hey, 0-100kph in 5.4 seconds (stock) from a four-banger aint too bad. :P

I'm down on ricers because most of them know absolutely nothing. For one tuner that knows what hes doing, theres 20 "wannabes" that don't.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....