5 minutes in f2p world

ego_scorpion

All of runescape doesn't have an age limit. If you are under 13, all you have to do is ask a parent or guardian if you can play. If you would bother reading the ToS you would already know that.

I think you should read the ToS first:

A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT PRETEENS AND USERS UNDER 18

If you are under 13 years old, you must not create an account. We don't knowingly permit anyone under 13 to use this website. Nor do we knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from preteens. Internet safety experts have advised that preteens do not fully appreciate the risk of providing too much personal information online or communicating with strangers they encounter online. And the game difficulty level is for teenagers and older. While we appreciate that many preteens would want to use our websites, we urge parents to instruct their children not to lie about their age so as to be able to use our websites before they are old enough. Instead, we recommend that parents set up an account and play together with their preteens who are otherwise too young to play the Game. Many parents have reported that playing the Game as a family is fun and rewarding. Then when your children are 13 they will be ready for their own account.

If you are under 18, by using our website you are representing (i.e. making a promise) that you have permission from your parents or legal guardian to use our sites and to our terms and conditions and privacy policy. We reserve the right to Terminate any account if we are not satisfied that such permission has been given.

If we are notified by a parent that their preteen has lied about their age when registering on our site, we will Terminate the account provided we have confirmation which satisfies us that the reporting person is indeed the parent.

If you're under 13, you can't create an account. If you're 13-18, you need your parent's/guardian's permission.

Sadly, these rules don't seem to have helped a lot.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

All against the new updates, don't log in!

But I want to play... What if I log in, but put all my chats on 'off' so they don't know I'm on.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely get begged on f2p.

Only for being someones girlfriend.

Hell, I don't care, it's a free report for me. ;D

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

Ignoring the situation is ten times better than being upset or hurling insults at them, you know. It's hypocritical to say how much worse freeplay has become if you let a mere handful of the players represent the majority.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

The key is not standing is densely populated areas like Lumbridge or Varrock.

Yep, often times, in higher leveled F2P training areas, you can meet more mature people. A lot of the people I have met through F2P, I have met in areas where mostly high leveled people go to. I know, being a high leveled person does not necessarily mean you are mature, but it seems that there are more chances of maturity among higher levels.

-One Time

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

This is quiet annoying. I am pure f2p on my lvl 86 account, yes, and I don't complain about how the peopel are. I just go on what I was doing. I can't say that I haven't noticed anything different on a p2p world on my other account... You people think 5 minutes makes a difference? Well, your DEAD wrong! Some f2pers will probably beg as they have never seen that kind of armour, and WILL think your rich. It's nothing new really, just suck it up and go on with your damn life.

Thank you.. :wall:

There is a big difference between begging and walking up to someone you dont know and never seen and saying reported. Atleast its not that bad on p2p. Beggars will always exist and thats why you ignore :)

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png

I have to say, after being there for 5 minutes I realised just how bad it is. Ive been a member for os long I forgot. When I switched, I was wearing full dragon with blue party hat (big mistake, but I didnt realise it till after lol)

gonna quote myself here because people like queltar like to take jabs at people, amaizing how people can grow up physicaly and not mentaly.

I was wearing my regular "buying" outfit which helps me buy supplies quicker and without realising it I switched to f2p world.

ego_scorpion.png

I've played Runescape since I was 9, 12 atm. I am f2p, and yes, there are just many n00bs, but since I can't play p2p then I will just ignore them. (not to ignore list, I still wanna laugh at them)

English is my 2nd language, most money I ever had in rs is 4385k, f2p for life, I was a co-owner in H&M Telegrabbing Corp. (RHQ forums) and we had over 45 employees. I am a good merchanter and working my way again up to the top.

Oh yea, no parental permission, they don't like the game... :P

When I see a nice dh axe or a phat then I just say "nice phat", and I don't consider myself among the f2p n00bs and beggars in rs.

Actually I'll add more. I first played in computer when I was 4 years old, and yes I've been in computer a loong time. I know most about runescape autominers, private servers, glitches/bugs/exploits, item market prices, skills etc... and yes I do quite many things about scripting (various languages), so far I've preferred a easier solution Game Maker. (google it)

I learn fast and I hate school, birthday on Jan 27th, as as you see I speak English very nicely. :P

If you need more info or a free santa hat PM me on forums.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

Dont misunderstand what I am saying here. There is a very big difference between asking someone you assume to be rich or randomly walking up to someone you never met and proceeding to insult them and then saying and I quote "I know you bought that hat off of internet - reported" or "I know you cheat - reported"

Thats the point im trying to make here - what would posess a person to be so foolish. I guess those people grow up into economists and seek attention on forums from teengars :(

ego_scorpion.png

Sigh, I hate when a couple of immature kids set a bad example for us few mature f2p'ers. #-o

+1

You just can't win with a bunch of moronic 10-year-olds who think they're cool by insulting others.

Can you see anything hypocritical about that statement?

I agree with both things. I play F2P because I am supposed to have a 45 minute time limit, my parents won't let me get P2P, and I don't want it anyway.

There's a lot of spammers, beggars, scammers, autoers, and underage players, but sadly, they don't get unfairly stereotyped like the good players. I can't sit here and say I've never been a "noob"(definitions vary, by a lot of people I probably still am a noob), but getting mad that other people are starting to play a game that you enjoy shouldn't get you so mad at them.

If you want to trade in F2P, I can't say where the best place would be, but make sure you steer clear of all crowded areas, as said before. If you would be willing to go out of the way, go to somewhere like Rimmington or the place to go through Shantay Pass. Otherwise, trade and leave.

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

:XD: cant say thats a first. i remember back in f2p some one had the red and blue castle wars armor and he said that he cut like 5000000000000k magic logs for them lol....

never go there with boots of lightness-legends cape-cut up looking capes- any type of barrows armor. long list of things -.- . yeah wearing anything that isnt recognizable in f2p is like bringing a stick of dynamite to an airport =; .

cookies.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

The best thing you can do is to not wear anything. Take off all your clothes and they won't bug you...

No thanks. I prefer to keep my pixels covered in public. :D

Lol, but actually, nothing isn't the best, bronze armor is the best to wear, it not only makes you look un-membersish, but it also makes you look dirt poor. Bronze med or chef's hat, no body, bronze square, blue skirt, bronze short sword, and a black cape. That's my noob disguise. I never NEVER wear my rune (g) around if I want to be left alone. But I am f2p, and it's not that bad. I can mostly ignore the stupid ones, and I always have public chat on friends. I'm usually chopping yews in edge, so I don't get harrassed much up there. So, yeah, you just have to know what to do.

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

^Heh true, I usually wear my bronze helm + chain when I visit someone in f2p. I guess when someone people see a noobish armor, they never bother to check your level.

But really, I love f2p. It's just too bad the new f2p'ers are ruining it.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

^Heh true, I usually wear my bronze helm + chain when I visit someone in f2p. I guess when someone people see a noobish armor, they never bother to check your level.

But really, I love f2p. It's just too bad the new f2p'ers are ruining it.

It's not just new f2p'ers, but many new players are ruining the game. People expect instant gratification, so they buy gp, levels, and all that junk. They ruin the game, and then start harrassing me for being a noob, because I'm a lower level then they are. I hate those cheating [insert bad word here]

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

^I know your pain. I can't even talk in f2p (I'm perpetually muted when I'm in an f2p world) or else I'd be spammed "z0mg a matador/modernator/mob/mop/modernor/modulator!"

noob: sthu u *filtered word* ur crown is spamming my chat

me: the ignore button is ur friend

noob: how do u do that?

me: next to ur friends list icon is the ignore list icon. add me there.

noob: can i have 500k?

We can only hope they'd outgrow this...whatever phase they're in right now.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

• 2 weeks later...
^I know your pain. I can't even talk in f2p (I'm perpetually muted when I'm in an f2p world) or else I'd be spammed "z0mg a matador/modernator/mob/mop/modernor/modulator!"

I laughed hard at those lol.

ego_scorpion.png

Welcome to the realm of f2p, where you'll meet lots of beggars and gold diggers. But really, aren't these pretty common in p2p as well?

Pretty common?

The only difference between p2p and f2p is that the new players go to f2p first. (obvious i know)

P2p is as bad as f2p with its players there is just not as many of them.

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

Welcome to the realm of f2p, where you'll meet lots of beggars and gold diggers. But really, aren't these pretty common in p2p as well?

Trust me, its a hundred times worst in F2P, most in P2P are respectful players

Brnz--4rr0wz

94 Magic, 61 Combat :D GF

Shortsighted topic

I never been member and I am now 115 cb and over 1340 total, yes I have some nuisance of lower lvl-ed players, but my comfort is that within half a year they will be annoying people on a p2p server.

Best thing to do is to ignore and act polite, as for me that has almost always worked.

Most people that heavily offend me is p2p players saying I am sad for not able to pay 5 euro a month.

We both have lame people in our midst, perhaps if we both would try better it wouldn't be so lame. So please take in your conversation that a large group of f2p players are actually nice people

noob: sthu u *filtered word* ur crown is spamming my chat

me: the ignore button is ur friend

noob: how do u do that?

me: next to ur friends list icon is the ignore list icon. add me there.

noob: can i have 500k?

We can only hope they'd outgrow this...whatever phase they're in right now.

As to the spamming of the moderators it is a bit annoying especcially while runecrafting. I had to ignore a moderator that was REALLY spamming open 1k ess every 10-20 seconds, which really annoyed me. (for proper rc-ing you need to click people that trade you fast ;) )