Will summoning bring daytime and nighttime?

darksonic45

Well, if what erich said could be true, then there might be some problems. firdt of all, the day and night will obviously go by GMT time, so that could mean someone plays in the night and the game says its morning! and what if thats the only time they can play? then they cant find the advantages of daytime.

Would make sense if the time zone matched the Server location.

I could see this working out well, possibly, if they were to implement day and night time to sort it out like this.

Maybe put something like "day" or "night" up next to the worlds location.

That way people that can only play for an hour or something per day and only at the same time of day each day will be able to world hop and find a server that is either night time or day time depending on which they need / want.

That could in theroy work out the same way that say mining or woodcutting does. With how people world hop so as the rocks will respawn faster in higher population worlds. Just hop to a world thats night or day.

i summon garfield

Best. Post. Ever.

:roll:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Thats one hell of a leap of logic. :shock:

Calm down, lets not get carried away here. Chances are the jagex will not add daytime and nighttime, so lets not start expecting it and then demanding it when jagex doesn't add it.

signature.png

Daylight and nighttime is a theory I always wished Runescape to have. For 12 hours in a day, it will be daytime, and for the other 12 hours, it can be night time. I also thought of more things that could possibly make Runescape appear more realistic, like being able to sleep in the beds in POH.

postedimage.png

I see a major problem in this-Different timezones. It's not day ad night always at the same time, so maybe for Aussie world Aussie time, US worlds US time etc.?

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

Well, if what erich said could be true, then there might be some problems. firdt of all, the day and night will obviously go by GMT time, so that could mean someone plays in the night and the game says its morning! and what if thats the only time they can play? then they cant find the advantages of daytime.

Maybe instead of 24hour days they would be 12 hours, so 2 rs days for every 'Earth' days.

Nice thought, but it's obvious that a RS day is equal to at least 4 earth days, probably more. The evidence:

We did say in that BTS we'd do them 'within the year', and Mod Mark jokes, "The thing is, no one knows how long a RuneScape year is ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ we're still in year 169 of the 5th Age. If anything, we're making good progress. (laughs)" Paul finishes with, "Yeah, 169 is taking a while, isn't it? (laughs)"

Would be pretty tough to implement a day / night concept that is actually useful without unbalancing the game towards players who play more casually / at consistent times.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

I don't believe this would work, due to warren211's statement.

Jagex did state that they had concepted the life rune in RSC, this could possibly be the life rune and maybe.... a death rune? For Animals and Necromancy? Two different branches of one skill would be cool.

Although a lot of people relate this to magic... it's its own skill, possibly going with hunting and mining is to smithing. (That would also be cool... hunter has been a bit lacking)

Another thing - what would the skill cape emote and skills interface pic look like? :-k

They should make it go by Server Area time although I can imagine this would be quite complicated.

I don't know if this would be such a good idea. I find it kind of hard to see on the lowest brightness setting, and if night is anything like that + being in the zammy fortress in GWD, I wouldn't really like it too much. If it brought about some interesting features, I'd accept it and learn to cope, but if it were something just for looks... I'd find myself on the rants sticky trying to convince Jagex to remove it O:)

That would be really nice. Maybe the day and nighttime would be like in that servers country. So if you're in an UK world, the night in the game is when it's night in the UK, and if you're an australian world, it's night in it when it's night in AUS. That would be cool :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

It would be really cool, but hard to fix due the timezones. Although Warren had a great idea. :D

And maybe you can just go sleep in your POH bed, and when you wake up it's night, so everyone can create his own night for a certain amount of time and once a day. Or does that sound too strange?

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

day and night will never happen because:

1. It's not that great, so it wouldn't be a big update.

2. It will never happen because it's just plain useless.

3. Would you really want to wait until the new year to see the shade of your screen darken and brighten periodically? I thought not.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.