Clues, Secrets, and Forgotten Eggs about Summoning

Locutus_Of_Borg

an open grave has mysteriously appeared with the latest update.

07nov27234811rh6.png

Do you mind telling us where it is?

The image of the grave is from the Magic Guild in Yanille and its used in a minigame after Back to my roots quest (u need to get the pieces of a dead wizard).

Back to the topic:

The other day i found (by other ppl) that if you put the word "thingy" in the Grand Exchange searcher you find somehting like a saphire amulet, maybe well use it for summoning??? The examine info of the "thingy" says "Mabob".

Btw this is off-topic but someday they updated the farm south of fally and they made a makeover to a dog, now the look much better (new pets are comming :thumbsup: , cats...u got owned!!! :boohoo: )

theyll update cats too OWNED

Maybe yes...but i dont care1!!

and i want to see how many ppl will still have a cat after the dogs update (i dunno if its gonna come but probably)

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've editted it since I posted but you had the wolpertinger, whihc is mentioned.

No duh I've edited the post! What, do you expect me to add things to it without editing it? And no, I have not removed anything I had up there.

Quote from the news post

"And just what on RuneScape have wolpertingers got to do with it? All these questions and more are answered in today's brand new Development Diary (well, okay, maybe not the wolpertinger one just yet)."

The wolpertinger clue was released 3 weeks before the development diary mentioned it. All you had to do was find the name of the image.

You had the spirit wolf which is a given as its right there

Image for the news post

The spirit wolf is not mentioned in the diary! You had to find the name yourself!

You had the old bts, whihc is there

Quote from diary

"Previously, on Behind the Scenes

Summoning was first mentioned in the Behind the Scenes (BTS) of March 31st 2004."

I already said that that was mentioned in the dev diary! Can you not read when I say "The only thing listed that was told in the dev diary was the Behind the Scenes back in 2004"?!

You had the tower of life which is in there

Was in a well known forum post, where a mod told us it was a test for summoning

What the hell?! You just said it's in the dev diary and it's not "in there" as you say! And I already said it's from the dang forums! Why the hell do you say the same thing I say?!

You had the bulldog ad/image which is in there.

Quote from image in the diary

"The bulldog follower, previously released as a teaser linked from a banner advert for the Knowledge Base"

I never had the damn bulldog image! Stop mentioning it!

Everything I said is where I said it was.

You really are an idiot. I already have where they came from! How the hell is saying the same thing I said help your side of the argument?! You really piss me off with just how stupid you are!

Sure you can argue over the tower of life as that was a forum post and not all read them. But all you had when I originally posted are, as i just showed, mentioned or reference or related (No damn way! These clues about summoning are actually related to summoning?! I never would've guessed!) to the dev diary and therefore hardly "hidden"What the hell!!! Nothing but the wolpertinger and the BTS are actually referenced in the Development Diary!

The only goddamn thing that is mentioned in the damned diary is the old BTS and a newer clue about the wolpertinger! Nothing else is in that damn article that I have posted!

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Back to the topic:

The other day i found (by other ppl) that if you put the word "thingy" in the Grand Exchange searcher you find somehting like a saphire amulet, maybe well use it for summoning??? The examine info of the "thingy" says "Mabob".

Btw this is off-topic but someday they updated the farm south of fally and they made a makeover to a dog, now the look much better (new pets are comming :thumbsup: , cats...u got owned!!! :boohoo: )

I'll look at it and then post it up with pics.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

[hide]
Lol you call others mr. obvious

Other than the chaos elemental you've listed things that we all remember being told, largely because they are all IN the dev diary

The only thing listed that was told in the dev diary was the Behind the Scenes back in 2004. Everything else was either found by myself after digging through the old news list or by going through the old letters, or from people getting things in game.

[/hide]

You've editted it since I posted but you had the wolpertinger, whihc is mentioned.

When I posted the chaos elemental was the only thing you listed that was not right there on the front page as obvious as a black cat standing in a bright red room in broad daylight with 8 spot lights shining on it and a large saying "black cat here"

The dev diaries does not specifically mention the spirit wolf, you had to actually look for the name.

The Tower of Life was never mentioned in the dev diary.

I never had the bulldog ad and never will put it up because at the time it was put in the KB, it had no direct link to summoning.

The old BTS is the only thing that was in the Dev Diary.

I actually discussed the wolpertinger on the TIF chat the day the Nov. BTS came out but had no clue what it was for.

So you saying that everything I have posted is mentioned in the Diary (exception the Chaos Elem) is false. The only thing actually mentioned was the old BTS.

If you can somehow tell me where it mentions anything about the Tower of Life, Malignus, or any other topic with the exception of the 2004 BTS in the Development Diary, then please copy and paste the article.

Quote from the news post

"And just what on RuneScape have wolpertingers got to do with it? All these questions and more are answered in today's brand new Development Diary (well, okay, maybe not the wolpertinger one just yet)."

Image for the news post

Quote from diary

"Previously, on Behind the Scenes

Summoning was first mentioned in the Behind the Scenes (BTS) of March 31st 2004."

Was in a well known forum post, where a mod told us it was a test for summoning

Quote from image in the diary

"The bulldog follower, previously released as a teaser linked from a banner advert for the Knowledge Base"

Everything I said is where I said it was.

Sure you can argue over the tower of life as that was a forum post and not all read them. But all you had when I originally posted are, as i just showed, mentioned or reference or related to the dev diary and therefore hardly "hidden"

The spirit wolf had no MENTION (key word there), it was just a picture. The wolpertinger was barely mentioned and when it was, it had nothing to do with the diary at hand, so that does not matter at all.

I don't know about the bulldog image, since, if it was there, it was before I came, but as of recently, he doesn't have it in there.

Also, a forum post is harder to find than a development diary being displayed for everyone to see.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Even though he means well, Firsttsurugi's post will be the last one on the topic of the "validity" of my thread. As such, any other continued arguments against or in defense of my thread is now off limits as it does not contribute to the discussion of the summoning update.

Anything that violates that will be flagged as spam.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

i think the biggest clue about sumoning was when Jagex sed in the development diary that it was gunna come in january.

:-s

Yeah. Huge clue. :XD:

Seems a good deal of Research has gone into this.

The Spirit Wolf could just be a Image Name. I call my screenshots all sorts of names, dosen't mean it's what it really is. o.o

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

Even though he means well, Firsttsurugi's post will be the last one on the topic of the "validity" of my thread. As such, any other continued arguments against or in defense of my thread is now off limits as it does not contribute to the discussion of the summoning update.

Lol. In fairness it is not your place to decide such things, it is up to mods.

And there was never any discussion over the validity of your thread.

My point was you called someone esle mister obvious for saying the dev diary was a clue, when in fact most of what you had listed at that point was directly mentioned or easily found i association with the dev diary, whihc makes it no less obvious.

Anyway as of yet you haven't got The Necromancer near ardougne who summons stuff or the Wizard from Zorge Flesh Eaters who was a necromancer. And the dark wizard in the wizards tower who summoned the demon and used to summon imps.

All of which are further pointers towards summoning

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

From the development Diaries for Summoning, I can guess that summoning won't come out until at least 6 weeks from when that dairy came out.

Next week, we'll be releasing the first of three Summoning wallpapers.

and

Yes, you read that right ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Summoning is coming! It's a big deal for everyone, so to whet your appetites, we're releasing four, count 'em, four mini Development Diaries in the run up to its January 2008 release.

We have 3 diaries left and now 2 wallpapers, assuming they come out on different weeks, I would be right. Now, my guess is that it will come out in the beginning of January, since in 5 weeks we won't have anymore content available to come out, and it is 5 weeks to the beginning of January.

Sorry if it has been posted before, I've meant to post it before and I am just too lazy to go through all the pages looking for anything like this.

Lol. In fairness it is not your place to decide such things, it is up to mods.

And there was never any discussion over the validity of your thread.

My point was you called someone esle mister obvious for saying the dev diary was a clue, when in fact most of what you had listed at that point was directly mentioned or easily found i association with the dev diary, whihc makes it no less obvious.

Anyway as of yet you haven't got The Necromancer near ardougne who summons stuff or the Wizard from Zorge Flesh Eaters who was a necromancer. And the dark wizard in the wizards tower who summoned the demon and used to summon imps.

All of which are further pointers towards summoning

I hereby refer you to the Forum Rules 2.2 - Stay on Topic

In truth, I can control what is posted on my thread if the discussion goes off topic. If we're talking about whether a gun (mini-dwarf cannon or whatever) should be added into the game and someone says "Yes, and while we're at it let's add nukes. Because nuclear weapons control the world," most likely the conversation would turn to a flame war about America or something. I can end that conversation because that discussion is not only a flame war, but has gone off topic (key words there) then I can tell you to stop that conversation because it is off topic.

That is the last warning for you and everyone else. No more discussing how "most of my list" is in the development diary.

As for the necromancer and Zogre Flesh Eaters quest, they have little to do with the summoning skill as they make nothing related to it and are just undead creatures.

If we were to include it, we might as well include the skeletons, ghosts, and zombies that have roamed RuneScape since the dawn of the game.

While Malignus also summons stuff and I have him listed, he actually says he might teach us the skill. If you find a link between the necromancer and him mentioning summoning, you can post it here. Make sure you quote the entire sentence. I'll go and look for something he might mention of it.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

A piece of trivia for people who hardly played RSC.

In RuneScape Classic, players had the ability to chose their class. One choice was to be a Necromancer, and gave players a higher starting level in Necromancy (the original Magic skill). When the class system was removed, all necromancers became Mages.

You also forgot to mention Melzar the Mad and Tarn Razorlor, as both are necromancers. And totally forgot about the whole Necromancer's Tower.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Maybe the circled letters spell something too?

circled letters are L,E,U,N,I,C, no idea what order so ill try to find a program to solve anagrams

edit: okay thats done, but i dont know about the results... look at #2

Nuclei

Lice Nu

Uncle I

Clue In

Cue Nil

... now for the other things

so far ive done, useing all the letters involved,

1.Aborted Ark (the place we learn summoning? it may have been where summoned creatures were stored until, one fateful day... use your imagination :ohnoes: )

2.Barker Toad (a puppy frog :roll: )

3.Abort Drake

4.Tabor Drake

thats all im puttind down as there were 420 results.

1.Viper Unlit (a snake as a lamp? :-s )

2.Evil Turnip (food for the summoned things?)

this one had some good ones.

1.Dread Fowl (summoning tied to hunting?)

2.Dread Wolf

3.Fad Red Owl

over 900 anagram results for ruin and 1.8k for wicked. gl to whoever finds one in them because im not looking through all that :shock: .

untitled-1.png

Maybe the circled letters spell something too?

As I said, I will be doing only summoning related clues. I already know 95% of the secrets on the noticeboard (there are probably more anagrams to discover in the To-Do list.)

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

I've added the Dread Wolf as the possible answer. It would keep in line with the Spirit Wolf. Thanks.

I wouldn't try spending time on the last two. I think they are there to trick us, because they have an X next to each of them and are somewhat long.

And if you didn't know already, the circled letters spell Lucien, the Majharrat you talk to to start the Temple of Ikov quest.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

i just did an anagram for "trek abroad"

and guess what it came up with?

aborted ark

coincidence? i think not. There's that aborted ark sort of boat near the digsite, which leads to kudos isle which also happens to be mentioned when you do an anagram for "chaosudoku" whereby giving us the word "kudos"

2vuhgcn.png

MOD EDIT: Removed quote pile. If you have something to argue about, or have an issue with something a user is posting on a thread report it, or PM the user about it. Please don't carry it on further. ~ aaron1120

I have yet to go off topic. I am discussing the hints and clues towards summoning.

As for the two I mentioned. Unless my memory is very much mistaken the necormancer guy in zorge flesch eaters refers to him teaching or getting you taught the art of necromancy and that he learnt from the necromancer near ardougne. Plus I think Zaik Ravistic in the mage guild on that same quest mentioned you might be able to learn the art of necromancy one day if you show potential.

Not exact quotes but I'm 98% sure these things are mentioned.

Plus The Shadow of the Storm quest sees you help in a SUMMONING ritual, which could offer a clue to the ways in whihc some creatures will be summoned

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

from the letters that have circles around them, you can make lucien.

i wonder what she have to do with summoning....

Not everything has to do with summoning..

Lucien is a part of the temple of ikov quest. And a follow up is about to come. I point you to the chaosoduko for more info:

"Mahjarrat gathers an army; he shall slay many masters."

This is a follow up from an earlier clue posted 1-2 months ago that were something along the lines of (from the top of my head):

"The threat from the north is Mahjarrat made"

I don't know your skills in questing, but if they are poor I can summarize for you and tell you that this is not summoning related 8-)

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

just did an anagram for chaosudoku and the first option came up:

a ouch kudos

notice the word kudos? definitely could be where summoning starts.. who knows =D

Sudoku is a type of puzzle where there is a 3x3 grid with smaller grids also containing 3x3 grids, where numbers 1-9 are used.

These numbers can only appear once in each smaller grid and only once in both horizontol and vertical lines going accros the bigger grid.

They simply chucked chaos in front of it so it ties in with the chaos elemental.They also replaced the numbers with runes.

Why has jagex done it so 2 runes are aloud to appear in each column/grid.