Clues, Secrets, and Forgotten Eggs about Summoning

Locutus_Of_Borg

Lol you call others mr. obvious

Other than the chaos elemental you've listed things that we all remember being told, largely because they are all IN the dev diary

The only thing listed that was told in the dev diary was the Behind the Scenes back in 2004. Everything else was either found by myself after digging through the old news list or by going through the old letters, or from people getting things in game.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should add the new pictures that were shown next to updates, such as the wolpertinger and the spiritwolf.

These are probably going to be creatures that will will be able to summon, as they are not found in the game atm.

I can get the spirit wolf, but I don't think I can go back and find the wolpertinger.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Other than the chaos elemental you've listed things that we all remember being told, largely because they are all IN the dev diary

I agree with Paw Claw, this thread has very little use, due to the fact that we all know that summoning is coming (be it a good or bad idea, I'll leave that opinion to you). So digging up hints about it in old bts seems pointless as we know it's coming, why did you decide to make this thread?

It's not about the upcoming skill, it's about old references to the skill.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

The =necromancer might be the NPC to go to to buy a 99 summoning cape? just a thought i came up with right now, since i read hat "he will might talk about necromancy in the near future"

A helpful thread :D

i love it when teachers say" go ahead, ask away there are no stupid questions."

i raise my hand and ask" can u pull down your pants? like right now?"

wildysigwithtxt1hy6.gif

I agree with Paw Claw, this thread has very little use, due to the fact that we all know that summoning is coming (be it a good or bad idea, I'll leave that opinion to you). So digging up hints about it in old bts seems pointless as we know it's coming, why did you decide to make this thread?

It's not about the upcoming skill, it's about old references to the skill.

My quotes been mis-quoted by first guy.

My point was OP mocked someone for pointing out the obvious hints aka dev diary, yet all bar like 1 of his points are things that are widely known or told in the dev diary,so are no less obvious than the dev diary

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Lol, I thought a wolpertinger was some kind of alien monster... stupid me...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

The only thing listed that was told in the dev diary was the Behind the Scenes back in 2004. Everything else was either found by myself after digging through the old news list or by going through the old letters, or from people getting things in game.

You've editted it since I posted but you had the wolpertinger, whihc is mentioned.

You had the spirit wolf which is a given as its right there

You had the old bts, whihc is there

You had the tower of life which is in there

You had the bulldog ad/image which is in there.

When I posted the chaos elemental was the only thing you listed that was not right there on the front page as obvious as a black cat standing in a bright red room in broad daylight with 8 spot lights shining on it and a large saying "black cat here"

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I find it odd nobody mentioned Evil Dave yet. He summoned his whole basement full of hell rats, expecting to actually summon imps.

So I guess at the start we'd summon rats of some sort, since that wouldn't contradict the dev diary where it says:

The animals you summon will be able to help you in a variety of combat and non-combat ways, and there are a lot of different types of animals that can be summoned

(this probably means we won't see demons or not for a long while anyway)

Also Evil Dave mentioned a wizard who taught him the basics of summoning, just can't remember his name ... (recipe for disaster quest)

[edit] Just went back to evil dave and the wizard is grayzog, the one on the top floor of the wizard tower

I saved the picture of the wolfpertingel since i thought it was peculiar.

They had taken it away from the runescape site soo i had to use imageshack.

wolpertingerbk9.gif

[img=http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8494/wolpertingerbk9.gif]

Add it to the main post if you like.

Thank you so very much!

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

You've editted it since I posted but you had the wolpertinger, whihc is mentioned.

When I posted the chaos elemental was the only thing you listed that was not right there on the front page as obvious as a black cat standing in a bright red room in broad daylight with 8 spot lights shining on it and a large saying "black cat here"

The dev diaries does not specifically mention the spirit wolf, you had to actually look for the name.

The Tower of Life was never mentioned in the dev diary.

I never had the bulldog ad and never will put it up because at the time it was put in the KB, it had no direct link to summoning.

The old BTS is the only thing that was in the Dev Diary.

I actually discussed the wolpertinger on the TIF chat the day the Nov. BTS came out but had no clue what it was for.

So you saying that everything I have posted is mentioned in the Diary (exception the Chaos Elem) is false. The only thing actually mentioned was the old BTS.

If you can somehow tell me where it mentions anything about the Tower of Life, Malignus, or any other topic with the exception of the 2004 BTS in the Development Diary, then please copy and paste the article.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

[hide]

[/hide]

The dev diaries does not specifically mention the spirit wolf, you had to actually look for the name.

The Tower of Life was never mentioned in the dev diary.

I never had the bulldog ad and never will put it up because at the time it was put in the KB, it had no direct link to summoning.

The old BTS is the only thing that was in the Dev Diary.

I actually discussed the wolpertinger on the TIF chat the day the Nov. BTS came out but had no clue what it was for.

So you saying that everything I have posted is mentioned in the Diary (exception the Chaos Elem) is false. The only thing actually mentioned was the old BTS.

If you can somehow tell me where it mentions anything about the Tower of Life, Malignus, or any other topic with the exception of the 2004 BTS in the Development Diary, then please copy and paste the article.

Quote from the news post

"And just what on RuneScape have wolpertingers got to do with it? All these questions and more are answered in today's brand new Development Diary (well, okay, maybe not the wolpertinger one just yet)."

Image for the news post

Quote from diary

"Previously, on Behind the Scenes

Summoning was first mentioned in the Behind the Scenes (BTS) of March 31st 2004."

Was in a well known forum post, where a mod told us it was a test for summoning

Quote from image in the diary

"The bulldog follower, previously released as a teaser linked from a banner advert for the Knowledge Base"

Everything I said is where I said it was.

Sure you can argue over the tower of life as that was a forum post and not all read them. But all you had when I originally posted are, as i just showed, mentioned or reference or related to the dev diary and therefore hardly "hidden"

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That's old smelly mi boy.

The Jade Vine quest had the side quest you can kill the creatures inside the vine maze to collect all clarence (Hand in the sand) bodies parts. Returning these to the wizard guilds gets you some mage xp and a funeral cutscene at that grave

Plv6Dz6.jpg

an open grave has mysteriously appeared with the latest update.

07nov27234811rh6.png

Do you mind telling us where it is?

The image of the grave is from the Magic Guild in Yanille and its used in a minigame after Back to my roots quest (u need to get the pieces of a dead wizard).

Back to the topic:

The other day i found (by other ppl) that if you put the word "thingy" in the Grand Exchange searcher you find somehting like a saphire amulet, maybe well use it for summoning??? The examine info of the "thingy" says "Mabob".

Btw this is off-topic but someday they updated the farm south of fally and they made a makeover to a dog, now the look much better (new pets are comming :thumbsup: , cats...u got owned!!! :boohoo: )

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

an open grave has mysteriously appeared with the latest update.

07nov27234811rh6.png

Do you mind telling us where it is?

The image of the grave is from the Magic Guild in Yanille and its used in a minigame after Back to my roots quest (u need to get the pieces of a dead wizard).

Back to the topic:

The other day i found (by other ppl) that if you put the word "thingy" in the Grand Exchange searcher you find somehting like a saphire amulet, maybe well use it for summoning??? The examine info of the "thingy" says "Mabob".

Btw this is off-topic but someday they updated the farm south of fally and they made a makeover to a dog, now the look much better (new pets are comming :thumbsup: , cats...u got owned!!! :boohoo: )

theyll update cats too OWNED

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png