School play cancelled for racial slur

AThousandLies

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=7412673

"WEST CHESTER, Ohio (AP) - A widely performed school play has been canceled by officials at a suburban Cincinnati high school after complaints from a local NAACP official.

Agatha Christie's "Ten Little Indians" was to be performed by students at Lakota East High School this weekend.

The play is based on Christie's 1939 mystery novel.

But local NAACP president Gary Hines says the play is inappropriate for a school production because the original title for Christie's novel used a racial slur.

Lakota East senior Luke Null, who was to play 1 of the lead characters, says the play itself has no racial undertones.

And the president of the Lakota Board of Education, Joan Powell, says she's concerned that the school district is getting into the business of censorship."

Let me be the first to say ...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This stuff is so stupid it's not even funny or new anymore. Everyone knows USA is becoming the rotten apple of western civilization with all this overly-political correctness, hypocrisy, "protection" of children and their schools etc.

One would wish these are just single cases, which they probably are. Most schools/colleges in the U.S. are totally normal and would never censor a play like this, or ban tag on schoolyards or something equally idiotic.

This kind of reminds me of what happend at a primary school production near me last year. They were doing the three little pigs but that got cancelled because they thaught that it may be offensive to Muslims.

Political correctness gone mad :roll:

iteme3721.jpg

This kind of reminds me of what happend at a primary school production near me last year. They were doing the three little pigs but that got cancelled because they thaught that it may be offensive to Muslims.

Political correctness gone mad :roll:

Wait, what? Well, sh*t - I guess I can't say "where's the beef" because I might offend vegetarians!

This reminds me of another story.

I'm not sure if it was posted here, I think it was another forum.

Basically, this kid was asked to bring in a toy for some reason at school.

He was dyslexic, and bought in a Gnu (a type of antelope).

The school decided to expel him for trying to bring in a gun. -.-

spacescenev24.jpg

This stuff is so stupid it's not even funny or new anymore. Everyone knows USA is becoming the rotten apple of western civilization with all this overly-political correctness, hypocrisy, "protection" of children and their schools etc.

One would wish these are just single cases, which they probably are. Most schools/colleges in the U.S. are totally normal and would never censor a play like this, or ban tag on schoolyards or something equally idiotic.

What makes it even more amusing is that it's the liberal organizations who are clamping down on political correctness. Of course, I have a lot to say about organizations like the NAACP (like how they refuse to support black politicians who don't agree with their beliefs).

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

THEY'RE RACIST THEY SAID INDIAN!

:roll:

You do realize this has nothing to do with "Indian" in the title, it is about the original title. Hence why the NAACP is the one worked up about it and not a Native American association or people from India.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

This country is getting Fahrenheit 451 on our [wagons]. Mainly, political correctness. At one point Capt. Beatty explains why books were banned, saying something along the lines of, "These books offended someone, always. First it was 'Uncle Tom's Cabin', the blacks didn;t like that one...to keep everyone happy". Pretty soon our televisions will take up entire walls.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Wow, you guys must really have it tough.

Banning tag, banning hugging and now this? Wow.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Lenin, good F451 reference there. They had better not start burning books in the near future.

Yeah, this happened near where I live. Pretty stupid. . .

p2gq.jpg

If you're politically correct, you're wrong.

Was that like, your own personal attempt to become a philosopher? Because you fell hard on your face.

The American school system has twisted the meaning of political correctness so much that it isn't funny.

Well, maybe it is.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Was that like, your own personal attempt to become a philosopher? Because you fell hard on your face.

The American school system has twisted the meaning of political correctness so much that it isn't funny.

Well, maybe it is.

Well, that's your opinion your entitled to, but the whimsical, non-sensical phrase you used prior had no relation to that opinion whatsoever.

My point: Don't try to use ambiguity to appear smarter.

God. This country definitely has it's freedom of speech. :roll:

This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. Honestly, do most people want a play called "The Three Nigg*rs and the Bi*ch" for a secondary school play? No. The problem is the overreaction of labeling religious and racial contents incorrectly. Its as if these two things are the only things that protect us which is not. It should be our reasoning and logic not a censor.

It's quite funny too, you can claim yourself as a believer in the Force and a semi-Jedi, yet they won't let you have special exceptions...Irony at its finest.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

10 Little Native Americans isn't a really catchy title...

Once again I'll have to explain people aren't complaining about it saying "Indian". They are complaining about the original title, which is what makes this story interesting. If they were complaining about it being called "Ten Little Indians" it probably wouldn't have even made the news.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Well, maybe it is.

Well, that's your opinion your entitled to, but the whimsical, non-sensical phrase you used prior had no relation to that opinion whatsoever.

My point: Don't try to use ambiguity to appear smarter.

It's called humor.

Out of curiosity, what was the original name of the book?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: