Runescape-less and less original

Owned_Nex

Well, since the last few updates, some of you may know(or not), maybe realized(or not) how unoriginal runescape is becomming. The closest tie I see is with World of Warcraft. NO! I AM NOT ADVERTISING IT. Don't even start. But...I will....

First: The duel arena. Not that staking is gone, dueling is for pleasure only. Funny...since thats the same in WoW.

Second: The "assist system". In WoW, theres the "assist slot" in the trade screen, which allows the other user to, you guessed it, assit you using their skills

Third: The SOON TO COME "summoning". In WoW, warlocks can summon demons to fight for you, HUNTERS can tame wild animals and fight with them. in runescape, its the EXACT same idea. You catch a animal, abnd it fightts for you.

forth: The grand exschange. This is going to be 2 parts.

If you havn't noticed, ITS A AUCTION HOUSE. Exept you cant see bids abnd what people are selling which makes it harder. in WOW, theres a NORMAL auciton house

But the effect on the economy. If you used this new update, you know that the ONLY way to buy/sell is selling at the minimum pricfe. This is because buyers cant see other bids, so they place bids at knimum price. Now, the market WILL go down, since each trade is on the negative 5% side. Sooner or later, the economy will crash, the GE can't be used, or both. MAKE IT A NORMAL AUCTION HOUSE FFS.

You might be saying "WOW COPIED US" not true, they had this YEARS before we did.

Runescape is becomming more and more original. Staking has been basically nuked, and the market is collapsing.

Welll, discuss your reactions...but keep the flamming low. This topic is NOT comparing them, but seeing how runescape is using ideas from MANY other games. I understand that popular isdeas will be used everywhere, but laitly, everything is basically a copy of some other game.

Well, thats it lol...I just hope the

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

almost all things have already been used... and most of the things WoW used was already used by D&D... so what? you should put in good things in the game and guess what?! most of those things are good things! (except for staking)

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

There are mainly two basic reasons for the RS changes that you mentioned. One; to decrease the possibility of curtain player scams/player protection. Two; because of overwhelming player requests for curtain updates. In both circumstances, if the changes you mentioned are to the detriment of RS (and I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t believe they are), then curtain players are to blame.

Ewsentinel.png

KoAClan.org for adults

Neopets has an auction house as well, and I was 6 when I played that. I don't think WOW is 8 years old, so I guess they copied Neopets!

Seriously, thats how idiotic you sound.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Another runescape-copied-WOW-topic ...

Runescape copies from WOW, WOW copies from older RPG and so on.

Seriously, do you really care that runescape has copied that stuff?

For me: "copied stuff" > no updates

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

WoW is famous for making zero innovations but achieving mass success through using other people's ideas in a more polished format. To hold up WoW as a beacon of originality, as you are doing here is somewhat ridiculous. Indeed if WoW is your model for success then you should applaud any effort by Jagex to be less original.

great exchange is so different. Also, why is WoW the founder of all medival MMORPGs when it's younger than runescape?

+1 =D>

Anyway, I admit the duel arena update was the worst in a long time. But they aren't trying to be like WoW. They are trying to prevent RWT's from doing their business. Unlike WoW, which seems to let these bots run free (I'm not sure if they are taken care of or not). Some people here seem to think that if you see an auction house, they sound like "0mfg!!! WoW-copyer!!!" and thats not always the case. One big thing people could complain about WoW and RS is that it uses a sword, but that hasn't happened of course...

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

RuneScape is a business. So the main priority for Jagex is to make as much money as possible. So by making updates which players or newcomers would like to see, it potentially means more RS players subscribing to the members service. The fact that some of these features are in WoW can be seen as an advantage for Jagex because many people play RS purely because WoW is more expensive.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

great exchange is so different. Also, why is WoW the founder of all medival MMORPGs when it's younger than runescape?

+1 =D>

Anyway, I admit the duel arena update was the worst in a long time. But they aren't trying to be like WoW. They are trying to prevent RWT's from doing their business. Unlike WoW, which seems to let these bots run free (I'm not sure if they are taken care of or not). Some people here seem to think that if you see an auction house, they sound like "0mfg!!! WoW-copyer!!!" and thats not always the case. One big thing people could complain about WoW and RS is that it uses a sword, but that hasn't happened of course...

I agree. The GE is such a basic idea that you can say it was copied tbh.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

hm... the economy is going to crash. Is the sky going to fall, Chicken Little?

Almost every item will soon reach it's critical mass. And besides that, the update has only been out for a couple days, and many people are rapidly offloading large swaths of their bank. It's a buyers market now, but once all the chaff is removed from people's banks, it will rise back to a little under where it was before the update.

nh.jpg

Most games are meant to be played for the game, not buying and selling nessesities for three hours. Those games covered that already, such as the AH in WoW. RuneScape was just last to update.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It's an exageration to claim that they "copy" off anything. These concepts have been in developement before WOW was even out.

WOW was released in late 04, Beta of RS2 was released in early 04. Summoning, Grand Exchange, POH, and even Dueling were in concept around this time. So... who copied who? Simple, no one.

Just because they have the same general idea doesn't mean it was copied. Not even by the slightest stretch of the imagination. These ideas are so general that you don't even need to look at the competition to see what they're doing. It's all about growing as a game.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

GUYS YOUR MISSING THE POINT

This isin't about "who copied who" its about how Runescape is just becomming andother one of those old fashion games. READ MY WHOLE POST.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Summoning was around way before WoW in about any game they have a version of this.

As for the assist system I can't say much about that. I bet Jagex did this so noobs woulden't whine to them because they were too stupid and gave their stuff to random people hoping they would alter it in some way (on free worlds they are this stupid)

Few games have arenas but RS is the only one I know of where you could bet anything on a match. I bet Jagex did this because noobs were losing their stuff and whining.

With the GE again few games have this but you can't say since WoW has it Jagex copyed it from WoW.

Jagex did the GE to cut down on scams not to copy WoW.

How about some of you people play OTHER games MMORPGs BESIDES WoW and Runescape... -.-

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

How exactly would the Warcraft franchise itself is original? It copied Warhammer entirely, as did Starcraft to Warhammer 40K. :-k

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Well, since the last few updates, some of you may know(or not), maybe realized(or not) how unoriginal runescape is becomming. The closest tie I see is with World of Warcraft. NO! I AM NOT ADVERTISING IT. Don't even start. But...I will....

First: The duel arena. Not that staking is gone, dueling is for pleasure only. Funny...since thats the same in WoW.

They want their video game to be fun?! How dare they copy WoW like that!!!!

Second: The "assist system". In WoW, theres the "assist slot" in the trade screen, which allows the other user to, you guessed it, assit you using their skills

They're letting their players assist each other without a risk of scam?! WoW took that idea!

Third: The SOON TO COME "summoning". In WoW, warlocks can summon demons to fight for you, HUNTERS can tame wild animals and fight with them. in runescape, its the EXACT same idea. You catch a animal, abnd it fightts for you.

Summoning hasn't even come out yet moron, don't talk about it yet. go back to wow.

forth: The grand exschange. This is going to be 2 parts.

If you havn't noticed, ITS A AUCTION HOUSE. Exept you cant see bids abnd what people are selling which makes it harder. in WOW, theres a NORMAL auciton house

WoW didn't invent an auction house. google it, moron.

But the effect on the economy. If you used this new update, you know that the ONLY way to buy/sell is selling at the minimum pricfe. This is because buyers cant see other bids, so they place bids at knimum price. Now, the market WILL go down, since each trade is on the negative 5% side. Sooner or later, the economy will crash, the GE can't be used, or both. MAKE IT A NORMAL AUCTION HOUSE FFS.

No, personally I always buy 2% higher than the street price, it's not much more expensive, and it buys my items faster. But that's just me.

You might be saying "WOW COPIED US" not true, they had this YEARS before we did.

Runescape is becomming more and more original. Staking has been basically nuked, and the market is collapsing.

Welll, discuss your reactions...but keep the flamming low. This topic is NOT comparing them, but seeing how runescape is using ideas from MANY other games. I understand that popular isdeas will be used everywhere, but laitly, everything is basically a copy of some other game.

Well, thats it lol...I just hope the

You're a moron. Never come back here.

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0