Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

This is [developmentally delayed]ed. Ok, logic is not sitting for a few hours and thinking of stuff. Logic is thinking, for example: I'll kill way more zombies, without attracting more, and conserving more ammunition using a semi over a lmg. In that situation, seeing as there really would be no way out through the door, logic would dictate that you investigate the sound, because it's either that or die.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually do use logic, i understand it, but i jsut dont use it that much. now can we continue with our plans to kill zombies, not to yell at me because i dont use logic that much?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Sorry about being gone, was at my cabin. But also I got an idea there; how about using a modern (sports/not homemade) slingshot? The availabillity and alternatives of ammo are endless, use a BB or a small stone for a penetrating shot, use a medium stone for a long shot, use a handfull of sand to blind someone, use a handfull of fine gravell to make them permanently blind and use a large stone to the head to stun or concuss a human or kill a zombie or human.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Guest Mrmegakirby

If you can hit a head with a slingshot, and penetrate a skull, go ahead. If you're one of the 99.99% of the population who cannot, i suggest you don't/

One cannot penetrate the skull with a slinshot (or so I think) though a thumb-sized rock should scramble the brain well enough.

And I'm accurate enough up to thirty meter (guess one of the things that I was doing at the cabin :razz: ).

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Guest Mrmegakirby

I've been shot with paintballs from about 3 feet away moving over 300 km/h about 15 times in under 2 seconds, and didn't receiver so much as a headache. I doubt a single 50 gram rock would "turn the brain to mush".

Edit: Sorry, disregard that, i thought you said 5g rock. Still, I don't think it would destroy a brain.

The aerodynamicness of a rock varies greatly, but yesterday I repeatedly hit a bulge on a tree the size of a skull from around 30 meter with "large" stones.

Kirby: Note that I use very round numbers because I do not know the excact speed or. weight, it might have been up to 75 grams travveling at 1000 kmph.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Ross, I'm not talking weak, homemade ones but those that are made from steel and plastic, if you had ever tried one of those then you'd understand.

To give you a slight understanding:

I barely pulled and fired far enough straight up for the stone to land on top of a grown tree, and it can be pulled all the way to the cheek.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

There is a record of someone surviving a point-blank headshot. A woman's husband shot her with a pistol, then himself. But the bullet passed between the lobes of her brain causing nearly no damage whatsoever, and she answered the police when they came to her door from a domestic disturbance call, holding a towel to her head, and offered them tea.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Kirby: Note that I use very round numbers because I do not know the excact speed or. weight, it might have been up to 75 grams travveling at 1000 kmph.

If we take 1,236 KM/h as the speed of sound, and equate that to 343 m/s....And assume that it took about half a second for your rock to travel the 30 meters to the tree...We are looking at about 60 m/s....Which is a great deal smaller than you earlier estimate, and is a generous estimate.

So... 60 m/s * 75 grams

Or

60*0.075 is 4.5 Kilograms of force.

It takes between 1,400 and 5,000 newtons to break someone's skull open. (Personal experiance of being hit with a lump of wood about half a pound in weight, thrown about 40 miles per hour, at a range of 20 meters, direct to the forehead, suggests this is right)

So... 4.5 Kilograms of force, verses 1,400 newtons...Or 143 Kilograms of Force.

All of which suggests that your slingshot would be unable to break the skull, unless you repeatedly struck the skull.

Personally, the best way to kill a Zombie would be an Incendiary Dart through the eyesocket, burning the brain and hopefully severing the Cerebellum....

If it missed then Zombie's head is now on fire.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

As for the incendiary dart idea I doubt if this is relevant but after a bit of experimentation I have found that I can throw and rather blunt dart through around an inch of plywood (well embed it fully).

LNYvk.png

So a perfect simple ranged weapon would be a pin, some alco-gel and a tube with some sort of torch in front of it? Well, I've got that, I just have to add the torch.

Also remember that one needs not crack the skull to destroy the brain, a large enough force should shake the brain apart the same way it recieves concussions.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1