Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

Guest Mrmegakirby

A few things:

Hex, it can be referred to as a trench spike or a trench spike.

Even if a slingshot as you descired cannot penetrate a human skull (which, i don't know if it can) it would still be very useful. If it's as efficent as you described, it could be used to kill small game, with unlimited ammo.

Making your own ammo unless you're a trained professional is more likely to kill you then a zombie.

Flamethrower = bad. Flamethrower shotgun = Bloody terrible.

Mather, your quality in posting has improved quite a bit lately. Good job.

Unless you have time to train with a shaolin spade or katana, you shouldn't bring one.

I think that's about it.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reffering to a sports or hunting slingshot, it is failry accurate though one has to be carefull not to shoot one's own hand. As for killing zombies with it I knew it would not penetrate the skull (unless using it as an arrowslinger), I was thinking of the concussive force of a large stone hitting the head.

As well as hunting it can also be used for distractions (breaking windows, etc.), and shooting down fresh pinecones to eat the seeds if neccessary.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Guest Mrmegakirby

And making a squirel's head explode. Don't forget that.

This has been bugging me for a while; What will the hysteria be once everyone realises "O sht zombiez"? Will there be too much chaos to even walk into town without getting shot or arrested?

No, no it can't. A trench knife is a trench knife and all these insistet use of slang/uncommon names is frankly pathetic.

logic would say that if it stays within the cartridge it would be fine.

Flamethrowers are bad unless you can get away quickly, the zombies nervous system will be destroyed and it'll just die. Close range it'll set you on fire!

Shotguns are amazing because there there basically the only handheld fun which can kill a zombie.

Training is against humans or to do complicated moved, anyone can maul a zombie with a shaolin spade and anyone can cut a zombies head off with a katana because training is against humans and doing complicated things.

Also, karate skills waste a lot of time on honour.

meatlover.png

Karate is not honour, the only "honour" thing you are told is not to use your elbows during practise or tournaments. Other than that it's aim for jaw and solar plexus and punch straight so that your oponent doesn't notice too early.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

model1917_knuckle_duster.jpg

Trench spike

trench-knife-brass-knucklesbig2.jpg

Trench knife

Do you see the difference? The latter is the more common tool, but they're both roughly the same in terms of efficiency.

Shotguns suck unless you are surrounded or backed into a corner, since the shot acts as a solid wall, and will knock the zombies down or push them away. They should never be used as a primary weapon. If used with Bolo shot, they lose the single advantage they had against zombies in the first place.

Unfortunately, they also make a horrible amount of noise and every zombie in a 10 mile radius will be after you, and then what will your magical shotgun do to save you? Nothing.

Trying karate on a zombie would be stupid. There's too much risk of getting infected, and would only be used in an absolute emergency.

Hex, training is still incredibly necessary, because without practise you may not have the skill to inflict a clean blow and then recover properly, leading to injury, or failure to hit a killing blow. Training is important for any weapon at all.

2Xeo5.png

Guest Mrmegakirby

Shotguns...The only handheld weapon to kill a zombie...What?

Shotguns suck as a primary weapon. End of story.

Very few people can maul a zombie with a shaolin spade.

A shotgun is actually a pretty decent primary. Why?

1: Common.

2: Common Ammo.

3: Can fire slugs.

4: Reliable.

5: Easy to use.

It's ability to fire slugs makes it basically a rifle aswell, which negates it's main downside, lack of range. A pump action shotgun, if used correctly, isn't gonna jam. People really underestimate the range of shotguns, even with normal shells.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Guest Mrmegakirby

The ammo is very cumbersome, and the gun is very loud, and nearly impossible to silence. It's good as a seconday, but I wouldn't use it as a main weapon.

(Plus, if you've never fired a gun before, the recoil can hurt you/flat out knock you down)

There is no way the recoil from a 12 gauge could knock you down, unless you weigh 25 pounds. The ammo isn't that bad, just carry it on a bandolier ad you're fine. Good luck finding a silencer for any gun.

And it sucks as a secondary. It's a full sized gun. A secondary should be a pistol, revolver, or maybe a machine pistol or small SMG.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Shotguns are amazing, they can be silenced and can destroy a zombie a lot better then any of these crappy pistols or rifles your all on about.

Grim, long range weapon.

This is pretty pathetic, you'd be a madman to stand on top of a building with a sniper.

YEHHH!!! I'M KILLING ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.

Thats [developmentally delayed]ed,

Stay out of the way of zombies.

As zombies don't exist we have no idea what they react to but most likely would be a parasite casuing them to do so, a mutated version of the Toxoplasmosis virus or something like a headcrab.

Either way it would work by connecting there nerves, and either way. Either way, the people wouldn't actually die. They would just be a living host and they could not control the different signals going through there nerves (or the person would be fully aware and slight habits like sniffing everytime theres flesh or cravings for flesh). If zombies existed it would effect cats, dogs and any other vertebrates.

And they wouldn't want flesh, they'd want a food source but that only needs to support the human and could be anything from hamburgers to chips.

Anyway, if zombies did exist due to a parasite then you could destroy the parisite by simply injecting the zombies with alchohol or anything that would destroy the virus.

If zombies ever do exist they will be a bioweapon and nothing more, just wear chainmail all over and if you come to a zombie run, if your cornered shoot them all.

Either way, your all talking about going around with an axe or a sniper and hacking down the zombies, not going to happen.

meatlover.png

No, we're talking about "Solanum" zombies here, or Romero zombies, if you will.

They do not require food or sustainance, they hunt humans simply to spread the infection. They do this by driving the human mad with hunger for human flesh, making them bite people.

The explanation for the lack of zombified animals is that the virus will kill it before it has control of the brain. A human body has enough body mass that it can gain control of the brain and nervous system, but it wont die in the process.

If you use a good rifle or SMG effectively, it will be far more efficient than a shotgun. It will make less noise, have less recoil and be easier to carry. Plus, it will actually kill the zombie. Theres no chance of you getting a bad shot and being left with a torso zombie.

Hex, have you ever worn chainmail? If not, you wont understand why when I tell you it's an awful idea.

So let me explain. Chainmail is really heavy and will slow you down a lot. It is incredibly uncomfortable over long distances, which will affect your aim, as well as tire you out. Plus, if a zombie bites down, it may still break bones since chainmail does pretty much nothing against crushing damage. It may actually amplify it, since the surface area which is crushing is reduced by the chains.

None of us are talking about that. Seriously. We've been trying to say that was a bad idea from the start.

Simply grabbing your guns and going out to "Kick [wagon]" is a horrible idea, and those who want to try it are probably better off out of the gene-pool anyway. You want to survive, not rack up the highest body count, and the best way to do that is to avoid zombies entirely.

2Xeo5.png

AGHH. wall of text. lets say, a katana is [bleep]ing epic weapon to LOOK at. use it againts zombies? as ross has said (yes, im actually agreeing with you for once, shocking aint it?) its [bleep]ing terrible unless you actually know how to use it. now, a shotgun, is sorta usefull. should only be used in bad situations. secondary for me? dual pistols. good range, good acruacy, and doesnt take as long as a sniper to reload.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

oh. my bad. i guess revolver wuld work better.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Dual wielding is never a solution to anything. This is real life not a video game. On that note too, having a secondary weapon isn't like a video game, you can't just go from shooting your rifle to shotgunning someone in a few seconds.

But if you're in a situation where you have two weapons and ammo for both available, you're probably in pretty good shape, provided you know how to use and maintain the weapons.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I need to procure a good katana or possibly find a monks spade... (Hey if I can spend a couple years training with it it may very well be useful)

EDIT: How useful would a chinese horse sword (that is what I believe they are called) be on foot?

LNYvk.png

I need to procure a good katana or possibly find a monks spade... (Hey if I can spend a couple years training with it it may very well be useful)

EDIT: How useful would a chinese horse sword (that is what I believe they are called) be on foot?

Have you even been listening?

Discussing melee weapons is irrelevant. You either want a trench spike/knife, or a titanium crowbar.

2Xeo5.png

... fine, specific longer range mele weapons are best. now, what guns?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]