Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

yeah, if you somehow rig an acess, a very safe acess, which i doubt anyone preset could manage..

then, yeah. dont use boats much, if at all.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My well thought out plan...

Since i live in the middle of Canada, i would first find out which direction the zombie infection was coming from. Id then drive down to the states, buy/steal a few guns and a [cabbage]-load of ammo, then head to Lake-of-the -woods (a lake in west Ontario with over 10,000 islands. Id then steal a boat and land on a medium sized island. Id bring a month's worth of food, seeds to make a garden, and chickens and rabbits. Once i set up camp, id make scouting trips to shore to find out if the zombies are still alive every few months. I assume id only have to hide out for a year, because once the zombies run out of people to eat, they'd all die off. Oh, and id make sure to bring a few people with me so i dont die of boredom.

Boats are really useful if you know what you're doing, atleast at the start of the apocalypse (if you don't have a sail boat). I live in an area with a lake that goes down basically all the populous areas, so boats would provide me with easy transportation, with no real risk.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Boats are easy to use.

You have a steering wheel just like a car and s pedal just like car. But it slides a bit more.

Fishing is easy, you let out some bait and then a net and then eat your fish.

You could get together a group of people and make a sort of stereotyped redneck housing (you know with the caravans tide together) and story would get around and in the end you could have a ship pretty much like the one in waterworld, it's slightly far fetched but it's good to try. Also, I could nick a houseboat.

Kirby, the flaw I see is that there is so much stricter gun laws in Canada then even England, do they even sell guns? I know I am allowed to buy a rifle and a shotgun but no pistols

or anything under 30cm.

meatlover.png

... Aw, no sawed-off shotguns.

I'm GLAD those laws are in place. Not that it doesn't mean some of the gangs around where I live don't end up with M9s anyways.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

New plan, I'll take a boat to an island or oil rig in the ocean with a supply of food and water along with a water purifyer if i run out of fresh water. Oil rigs often have food, fuel, and first aid on them so ill be fine. I might also take other people in if none are bitten, any bitten i shoot and throw overboard

VideoGameSigs4c274971671ba.png

TF2 Quotes

"stabbity stabbity stab" - [tcf] Chaotic Flare

"if life gives you an orange, you must be a mexican" - [tcf] PyrooryP

"will! you! stop! sapping! my! sentry! gun! god! [bleep]it!" - [tcf] g0 di3 sp1e

"he's like a bottle of soda with a skittle at the bottom, it doesn't really do anything it just sits there looking interesting and you can't drink it, so you basically just want to throw it out but you don't" - [tcf] sarrix

Cause the moment they turn, they could get you.

You could miss.

It could be so shocking you freeze.

People just wont take risks.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Well, if we follow Max Brooks' idea of how zombification works, after about 12 hours or something they go into a coma. Only later do they zombify. Shoot them when they're out?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Well, if we follow Max Brooks' idea of how zombification works, after about 12 hours or something they go into a coma. Only later do they zombify. Shoot them when they're out?

Yeh, because there not going to wake up anyway.

meatlover.png

I'd just shoot them when bitten regardless.

Not that I would care, but you guys aren't really thinking about the mental damage they would suffer.

"Oh crap when I fall asleep my friends are going to shoot me" or "When I fall asleep I'm going to kill my friends"

2Xeo5.png

ross.. can i ask two things? what is it you with pastries and tench spikes. also, what would be the best gun?

A trench spike.

Seriously, though, there is no 'best weapon'. There is a 'best weapon for this scenario' but no best weapon.

There are two "best weapons" but neither are anywhere easy to obtain even in military storages. I'm talking about handheld lasers and coilguns, batteries are the only things needed for the first, batteries and metal projectiles of a certain size for the other. If you start before the apocalypse you can make them yourself, but I dubt anyone will.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I don't think a coilgun would be practical. The batteries needed to power it aren't exactly your average AA. They're less efficienct than regular guns.

As for handheld lasers, to be able to burn through the skull? I don't think so.

I'd go for revolver as a side arm, some kind of carbine, or possibly an AK47 as primary weapon, and then titanium crowbar as melee weapon.

I'd still carry a trench spike, of course, but crowbar has many uses other than being a weapon.

2Xeo5.png

Like playing baseball with headcrabs! :thumbsup:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

If you get an industrial laser, or at least any stronger than those in a dvd burner the skull would be no match.

Most home-made coilguns use D or C batteries, though using AAs would be possible, though you'd need around 3-4 to get an acceptable charging speed.

Here's a coilgun using four AA batteries with the possibillity of not only charging the capasitors, but also the batteries using an outlet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In6PM6OtHQc&feature=player_embedded

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

380V. Sounds like maintainance would be very dangerous. And power outlets probably wouldn't work in a zombie apocalypse.

It doesn't seem all as strong as you make it out to be, if you were firing from say, 50 metres, it would probably just tell the zombie that you're there, and the recharging time would limit you pretty badly. Cool video though.

Again, A laser would be innefficient. Finding and rigging it for use would be annoying, and lasers strong enough to go through the skull in anything less than like 10 seconds (It'd be difficult to keep a direct aim for 10 seconds) would eat power like it was cereal.

2Xeo5.png

Discharging capsitors can be done using a lightbulb on the poles, like the guy in the vid explained was part of the reason for it. And power outlets are often found on generators as well as connected to the power network.

I didn't say such a laser would be easiley obtained, though the power requirement is decided by the type of laser. Note that only the light itself requires power, not the amplification, so a solid-state laser would for example be better than a chemical one.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Mather, the power grid would be down if there was no-one to run it =/

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Generators aren't magic energy machines. They're powered by gas, and most of them turn on automatically when the power's out (atleast ones I've worked with or used) So they will all have no gas after a few days.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Not neccessarely gas, they can use any sort of rotational force. And only emergancy generators turn on automatically, mobile ones must be started manually.

Other rotational forces:

Wind turbines (windmills)

Water turbines

Vapour turbines (used in both nuclear and thermal energy)

Man/animal-power (crank, roller, wheel, bike, etc.)

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Generators generally refer to petrol or propane powered ones. If you're talking about a nuclear power plant as a generator that's different. And mobile generators will be even smaller, and besides, most people would have turned them on if they didn't die before then.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain