"Items Kept on Death" Priority

DaOnLyJoSh

RuneScape bases the "Items Kept on Death" by general store prices. Well, after my experience of losing Guthan's Spear and Helm about a hour ago, I thought of something. Now that JaGeX has a way to see current street prices due to the Grand Exchange, why don't they change it to GE prices? Like, for example:

Guthan's Spear over Guthan's Platebody

Abyssal Whip over Dragon Battleaxe

and so on.

I think this deserves a chance, no?

:D

daonlyjosh.gif

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Barrows Drops: 7

Dragon Drops: 0

Seems like they would have done it already, I think they should do that ASAP.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I disagree, it'll mean people would PK with items such as party hats.

Also with constantly changing prices one item will protect over another one day, then be the other way around the next day.

Keep it as it is, it's fine.

Also with constantly changing prices one item will protect over another one day, then be the other way around the next day.

nobody brings rares to the wildy... ever...

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I've seen several pk vids where they're in santas or masks. And I've rced with a guy wearing a santa.

I agree with Lord, though; it would screw up the economy even more. Not to mention the massive inflation that could happen if people alched their rares.

But people would if they knew they'd keep them, just bring a party hat and a couple of prayer pots so you couldn't be smited and you'll be fine.

And also, "Back in the day" I pked in Santa hats and the lot, it's wasn't uncommon to do so.

RIGHT ON! If they wanna tell US what's worth what-Why don't they tell themselves whats worth what also????

good idea! Lol. 8-)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâãÃÆÃââââ¬ÃºMBÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¦ ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâéK

lumba__jack.gif

lumba__jack.png

lumba__jack.png

RIGHT ON! If they wanna tell US what's worth what-Why don't they tell themselves whats worth what also????

good idea! Lol. 8-)

Because of what was already said in this thread.

It would screw with the economy, because many items ARE expensive because they're lost upon death.

icecube7.jpeg

It is true that currently some items are expensive just *because* they don't drop when died due to artificial cost. But suggesting that removing the artificial cost and instead going for "market" price would result in some kind of self-feeding loop is nonsense.

When the only cost is determined by how much the item is wanted, item considered better (without taking into account the fact it drops or stays at death) will be more expensive, period, and will stay more expensive after taking the drop status into account. In fact, the price difference will be even more steepened by the fact that the more expensive item automatically gets drop protection, and thus more desireable.

P.S. Every time I hear the phraze "X will screw the economy", I reach for my whip. The economy has enough screwage potential to outscrew you all and then some.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

What would it matter if they pked in rares? Just means they have less defence bonuses (no helm). Therefore it would be to their opponents advantage.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

It is true that currently some items are expensive just *because* they don't drop when died due to artificial cost. But suggesting that removing the artificial cost and instead going for "market" price would result in some kind of self-feeding loop is nonsense.

When the only cost is determined by how much the item is wanted, item considered better (without taking into account the fact it drops or stays at death) will be more expensive, period, and will stay more expensive after taking the drop status into account. In fact, the price difference will be even more steepened by the fact that the more expensive item automatically gets drop protection, and thus more desireable.

P.S. Every time I hear the phraze "X will screw the economy", I reach for my whip. The economy has enough screwage potential to outscrew you all and then some.

In response to your P.S., I said it will screw with the economy, not screw it up.

icecube7.jpeg

Because the prices are always changing. One day you might go in there and protect the item you wanted to, the next day, unknowingly, you lost it since a price change happened. It's better how it is now.

well...i did lol...and i died in abyss

so yeah not a good idea to bring it along

OT: it would mess with economy as previously stated, not the best idea

8,539th to 99 cooking!!! Achieved January 17, 2007, one day before I turned 16!

dragonmsanta,benoit4whc.gif

Then peopled go pk and kill stuff with their p hats and have no worries realy.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Then peopled go pk and kill stuff with their p hats and have no worries realy.

But then they'd lose the extra item the party hat protects over, wouldn't it? :wink:

Or if they bring 3 items they lose the space for 1 extra item they could bring.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Also for the record, the Game bases the value of the items when they are HI-ALCHED (which is fixed) rather than store prices. The only reason why people associate one with the other is because Store prices were closely related to the High Alch value of the item, now because Store bases its price on the GE prices, this is no longer the case, but the items kept on death is still based on its High alch value.

The more an item is sought after, the more expensive it is. Hence for good equipment, generally speaking it is the ones that you lose when you die that generates the demand, not the ones that you keep. Eventually the ones you lose will slowly be taken out of the game, leading to less of that item (take Guthan Spear for example), and hence increase in price, where as the other parts which you dont lose will decrease in price because it wont leave the game nearly as fast.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Well you see the barrows street prices are not just random prices based on rarity. If you notice the patterns, you might see that the most expensive item of each barrows set is the one you lose if you die. For Guthans, its the spear. For Veracs, its the helm. Both items would be lost if you die. So I would think it'd be hard for street prices and shop prices and death priority to agree on well established prices on barrows sets.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Well you see the barrows street prices are not just random prices based on rarity. If you notice the patterns, you might see that the most expensive item of each barrows set is the one you lose if you die. For Guthans, its the spear. For Veracs, its the helm. Both items would be lost if you die. So I would think it'd be hard for street prices and shop prices and death priority to agree on well established prices on barrows sets.
the spear protects over the helm whenever possible...

Yayyyyyy...

i think that they should do the change, but based upon a poll for different item's values. and they should take into account the prices that all these help websites like:

tip.it/runescape

runescape.salmoneus.net

runehq.com

what the prices are that the people that run these websites think each item is worth.

O.mirzan-O.mirzan.gif

d drops/ legs(0) chain (0) axes (0) skirts (0) meds(0)/ visage! (0)/ rings (0)

-My Blog! Don't forget to post!

no its not

so lets say you have 4 gp and 3 phats you die and keep 3gp? is that fine then?? and also they based on high alch prices phats being 1 gp and whips being 78k gp

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P