New Moderator Trainees: Congratulations

the_tallest1

[hide=Quotes]

How cool. Everyone who mentioned me, misspelled my name. But who cares:

Thank you all \'

Sorry, but who are you?

We know it's been a long time coming, but we haven't forgotten about the applications we received a while back. We had a great response with nearly 300 applications sent in. Since then, we've sorted through those and narrowed it down some more. We've been going through those left, and we now have a group of Moderator Trainees ready to be announced.

Please join me in welcoming Abelmisi, archimage_a, Mamong, Necromagus, runemetsa, and Shazarabbit as the first group of Trainees. They have shown great initiative thus far, and I'm sure they'll all do a wonderful job.

I meant as "I never seen you before on tip.it fourms"

That's probably, cause I don't visit these Runescape forums. I just use The Gallery and other forums here.

[/hide]

I understand now. This groups just happen to be people not active or really active on General. Thanks for clearing it up.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say, congratulations! It's well deserved at that. I wish you all the best of luck going through training. I hope you all enjoy your new powers.

Have Fun

~Alina

~Tip.It's #1 Party Girl & Events Team Supporter~

2141567593_54ae68f6f3_o.jpg

Next TET Event: A Holy Pilgrimage!

Next TET AU Event: Zamorak Strikes Back Part 1!

PM me if you need any help with an event.

anarchy? see, i have felt the ability to delete our own posts would be a good thing for these forums, ive used some where its allowed and when people made double posts they deleted them. ive had that need before, yet i cant.

and no, i dont see what you did. went more off topic? because im pretty sure bouncers must be at least 18 if not 21 these days. and carry a gun? when cant you? the law is you must have it holstered or in a case as such. to carry it and have the permit with you.

1) The proper way to word your last post would have been:

"I'm still curious as to why we can't delete our own posts honestly."

I don't usually correct grammar related stuff, but what you said was that you wanted the ability to delete/edit OTHER people's posts.

i had never said that, i was referring to posts of the owners. i do not see why we cannot be granted "special rights" over our own posts. but we cant.

2)Somehow that doesn't surprise me...

Here's what I did:

In response to your post, I posted something that seemed false, offering no proof to support what I said. Sort of like what you did when you said my comparissons were "clearly innacurate". If you can't back up what you say with some sort of logic/proof, then don't bother posting it because it will have all the impact of calling someone a watermelon now see what I did?

how is it i was supposed to support that? its incorrect, and all i did was state that if you wanted a discussion of it, start a thread.

3)The bouncers/bars were seperate examples. What I meant by them was that the bouncer can say that person A can get into the club while person B can't, and as such different rules apply to person A (is allowed to enter) and person B (who is not allowed to enter).

The bar example sees person A (who is of legal drinking age) who is allowed to enter/drink while person B (who is underage) cannot. This is the exact same concept as forum mods getting to break certain rules. Rules are rarely the same from person to person, and special roles/status allow you to follow a different set of rules.

what bouncers any more? seriously? and yes, people are kept out of bars for legal reason otherwise i have never seen a bar completely deny someone

As for the gun thing, I'm canadian, no guns allowed :(

ah, yes i recall that now that you mention it. canada is such a tranquil place. i do hope to go some day.

My 21st b-day I walked into a liquor store, and attempted to buy some Bacardi. Unfortunately, my girlfriend was with me at the time. I was denied sale, as she was 20. (Underage).

The person in front of me walked in with his son (I am assuming it was his son) His son looked to be around 12. He was not denied sale.

In conclusion: Shut up Jessy

Oh wow, what a relevant post. Thanks. I have to agree with Jessy. The rules were set by them, and they're the ones breaking them. Last time we got more mods, it was a global announcement.
mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

I don't like to go off-topic but some people are completely missing the point of this whole topic, that being the announcement and congratulations of the new trainee moderators, and trying to turn it into some sort of debate. Some people also seem to be overlooking or ignoring what Tripsis and the_tallest1 have said:

This thread was posted here instead of the Announcements forum because we got complaints when we allowed regular users to post in that forum. People didn't like the fact that the forum was constantly being "flagged down" and it discouraged them from viewing that forum at all. So we proposed the idea of posting an identical topic in General Discussion (the general board of the forums, no doubt) for people to comment on, because many people expressed that they would like to do so. Nobody complained about the idea, so we went ahead with it.

Because this is where it was decided we'd put them when everyone complained about leaving the Announcements board open for replies.

This is democracy in action here, not rule breaking.

Gratz, Abelmisi and Runemetsa!

can't say I've ever seen the other guys :-k

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Woot. Congrats Abel, and Necro, I see you 2 alot, and you certainly did deserve it!

Just dont know the other guys much/at all... So, grats anyway!

...P.s. Remember Subtle Rune? 100+ posts, barely posted, and he became a mod...Wth... :-k

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Congradulations, and just in time for the holidays! :)

I love the new "Moderator Trainee" avatar picture :wink:

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

A little late, but congrats to all.

TIF's great - You'll make it greater. ;)

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"