New Moderator Trainees: Congratulations

the_tallest1

1)Is it bad that shaz is the only one of these names I remember? Jeez I've been gone too long...

2) Jessy, these are not your forums, the fact that they are privately owned means the people chosen by the administration get to do whatever the hell they want. Don't like it? Tough, if it bothers you that much go and make your own forums and you can run them as fairly as you want, but what you're doing now is akin to complaining that employees at a store get free/cheaper stuff there, or that police officers get to walk around with guns (well it matters if you're canadian :P ) Quite frankly rules change depending on the person, not just in these forums but IRL as well.

3)Anyone here actually remember me? :mrgreen: What've I missed in the last year or so?

Quit runescape, now playing EVE-Online(Mail Cambarus and say hi :mrgreen: )

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)Is it bad that shaz is the only one of these names I remember? Jeez I've been gone too long...

2) Jessy, these are not your forums, the fact that they are privately owned means the people chosen by the administration get to do whatever the hell they want. Don't like it? Tough, if it bothers you that much go and make your own forums and you can run them as fairly as you want, but what you're doing now is akin to complaining that employees at a store get free/cheaper stuff there, or that police officers get to walk around with guns (well it matters if you're canadian :P ) Quite frankly rules change depending on the person, not just in these forums but IRL as well.

3)Anyone here actually remember me? :mrgreen: What've I missed in the last year or so?

You were the guy who owned the people on the Rants board, with Raichase!

I wouldn't go there now though...

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Hey I remember you ::' at least your avatar.

icecube7.jpeg

1)Is it bad that shaz is the only one of these names I remember?Jeez I've been gone too long...

It's most probably intended to be that way. As for me, I only see Necromagus often, and I only recognise Mamong's signature. If I understand it, that means that the new Mod-trainees were selected to cover all the forums, so that all of them would be covered without the necessity of having a Trainee watcha forum he normally wouldn't. This way they can still mod, but they'll be able to continue with their normal routine.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Sorry for posting it in this topic, but I'm getting sick and tired of this.

Jessy, how many of your 6000 odd posts are complete and utter rubbish? I'm guessing something around 100% of them. I can't recall one situation where you've posted a well thought out response with correct grammar and spelling.

This topic has just proved what kind of person you are, instead of congratulating people on a job well done you're in here complaining about the most trivial of all things and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Congratulations again to all six of you, I'm sure you put a lot of hard work getting this far and will put a lot of hard work in as a moderator.

sick and tired of what? people being hypocrits? and my 6k posts rubbish? have you read my posts? yes some are not that great. but others are very well thought out.

the kind of person i am? someone who has rules forced upon me and yet others do not? thats fair?

no, its a point to show some people walk a line above the law.

if we cannot do it, why can you?

Um... It's their forum? You can't go live in the White House just because the President can (that was a bad analogy, but I couldn't think of anything else.

how is it acceptable for those whom enforce the rules/laws break them when convenient or pleases them.

communism wasnt even as bad as that.

Tip.it doesn't run your life, it isn't a form of government. I think that was an even worse analogy then mine.

how is your post at all intelligent? please re-read it.

sick and tired of what? people being hypocrits? and my 6k posts rubbish? have you read my posts? yes some are not that great. but others are very well thought out.

the kind of person i am? someone who has rules forced upon me and yet other do not? thats fair?

Rules ALWAYS differ from person to person, ESPECIALLY when private sectors are concerned. Here are a few examples for you:

Bouncers at clubs

Bars having a minimum age requirement (as well as many other things)

Ever try going backstage at a concert without a pass? Why do some people get in while others don't?

Why can police officers carry guns when I can't?

Is it fair that seniors get discounts in stores?

There are double standards everywhere, get used to it or you're going to lead a very miserable life. BTW by your logic is it not also unfair that mods get to delete, edit, move and otherwise mess with other people's posts? Why can't the rest of us?

Oh and one more thing, the server admins here can do whatever the hell they want, it's their server. If that includes allowing some people to be above the rules then that's their decision. Don't like it? Well no one's forcing you to stay here now are they?

the kind of person i am? someone who has rules forced upon me and yet other do not? thats fair?

Rules ALWAYS differ from person to person, ESPECIALLY when private sectors are concerned. Here are a few examples for you:

Bouncers at clubs

Bars having a minimum age requirement (as well as many other things)

Ever try going backstage at a concert without a pass? Why do some people get in while others don't?

Why can police officers carry guns when I can't?

Is it fair that seniors get discounts in stores?

There are double standards everywhere, get used to it or you're going to lead a very miserable life. BTW by your logic is it not also unfair that mods get to delete, edit, move and otherwise mess with other people's posts? Why can't the rest of us?

Oh and one more thing, the server admins here can do whatever the hell they want, it's their server. If that includes allowing some people to be above the rules then that's their decision. Don't like it? Well no one's forcing you to stay here now are they?

i was still curious why we could not do that our selves honestly.

and your examples of bouncers and police officers are clearly inaccurate

Because anarchy is bad mmmkay?

And you are a watermelon. see what I did there?

Because anarchy is bad mmmkay?

And you are a watermelon. see what I did there?

anarchy? see, i have felt the ability to delete our own posts would be a good thing for these forums, ive used some where its allowed and when people made double posts they deleted them. ive had that need before, yet i cant.

and no, i dont see what you did. went more off topic? because im pretty sure bouncers must be at least 18 if not 21 these days. and carry a gun? when cant you? the law is you must have it holstered or in a case as such. to carry it and have the permit with you.

anarchy? see, i have felt the ability to delete our own posts would be a good thing for these forums, ive used some where its allowed and when people made double posts they deleted them. ive had that need before, yet i cant.

and no, i dont see what you did. went more off topic? because im pretty sure bouncers must be at least 18 if not 21 these days. and carry a gun? when cant you? the law is you must have it holstered or in a case as such. to carry it and have the permit with you.

1) The proper way to word your last post would have been:

"I'm still curious as to why we can't delete our own posts honestly."

I don't usually correct grammar related stuff, but what you said was that you wanted the ability to delete/edit OTHER people's posts.

2)Somehow that doesn't surprise me...

Here's what I did:

In response to your post, I posted something that seemed false, offering no proof to support what I said. Sort of like what you did when you said my comparissons were "clearly innacurate". If you can't back up what you say with some sort of logic/proof, then don't bother posting it because it will have all the impact of calling someone a watermelon now see what I did?

3)The bouncers/bars were seperate examples. What I meant by them was that the bouncer can say that person A can get into the club while person B can't, and as such different rules apply to person A (is allowed to enter) and person B (who is not allowed to enter).

The bar example sees person A (who is of legal drinking age) who is allowed to enter/drink while person B (who is underage) cannot. This is the exact same concept as forum mods getting to break certain rules. Rules are rarely the same from person to person, and special roles/status allow you to follow a different set of rules.

As for the gun thing, I'm canadian, no guns allowed :(

1) The proper way to word your last post would have been:

"I'm still curious as to why we can't delete our own posts honestly."

I don't usually correct grammar related stuff, but what you said was that you wanted the ability to delete/edit OTHER people's posts.

i had never said that, i was referring to posts of the owners. i do not see why we cannot be granted "special rights" over our own posts. but we cant.

2)Somehow that doesn't surprise me...

Here's what I did:

In response to your post, I posted something that seemed false, offering no proof to support what I said. Sort of like what you did when you said my comparissons were "clearly innacurate". If you can't back up what you say with some sort of logic/proof, then don't bother posting it because it will have all the impact of calling someone a watermelon now see what I did?

how is it i was supposed to support that? its incorrect, and all i did was state that if you wanted a discussion of it, start a thread.

3)The bouncers/bars were seperate examples. What I meant by them was that the bouncer can say that person A can get into the club while person B can't, and as such different rules apply to person A (is allowed to enter) and person B (who is not allowed to enter).

The bar example sees person A (who is of legal drinking age) who is allowed to enter/drink while person B (who is underage) cannot. This is the exact same concept as forum mods getting to break certain rules. Rules are rarely the same from person to person, and special roles/status allow you to follow a different set of rules.

what bouncers any more? seriously? and yes, people are kept out of bars for legal reason otherwise i have never seen a bar completely deny someone

As for the gun thing, I'm canadian, no guns allowed :(

ah, yes i recall that now that you mention it. canada is such a tranquil place. i do hope to go some day.

1)Learn to speak/type proper english, go back to school and learn how the subject of a sentance is determined etc. Because what you meant and what you said are 2 different things.

2) If something is "clearly innacurate" it should be easy to support such a claim by stating the specific innacuracies, such as WHY the comparisson is not valid or what signifigant differences there are between the 2 situations being compared

3) So if the people writing laws say it's ok for some people to do things that others cannot, it's ok, but if a system admin (who unlike the politicians have 100% complete control over what happens here) says that some people can do things that others cannot it's somehow wrong? How is saying that minors can't drink any different from saying that non-mods have to follow certain rules that mods don't?

1)Learn to speak/type proper english, go back to school and learn how the subject of a sentance is determined etc. Because what you meant and what you said are 2 different things.

2) If something is "clearly innacurate" it should be easy to support such a claim by stating the specific innacuracies, such as WHY the comparisson is not valid or what signifigant differences there are between the 2 situations being compared

3) So if the people writing laws say it's ok for some people to do things that others cannot, it's ok, but if a system admin (who unlike the politicians have 100% complete control over what happens here) says that some people can do things that others cannot it's somehow wrong? How is saying that minors can't drink any different from saying that non-mods have to follow certain rules that mods don't?

1, i changed your original thing. i was not trying to state due so to others. i never said that. YOU said that.

2, i did support it. sorry? didnt you see that? later on perhaps but still. be clearer next time.

3, what people? for what? police?? or something like that? and no, i do not feel that anyone should be above the law, not even cops. which their are two areas where this can be taken, an officer does something illegally such as sells drugs as a personal gain, or a ambulance runs a red light(to save a life or such). i believe the latter holds the only relevant thing. since this thread really serves no "life" saving purposes i feel it not to be following the rules.

1, i changed your original thing. i was not trying to state due so to others. i never said that. YOU said that.

2, i did support it. sorry? didnt you see that? later on perhaps but still. be clearer next time.

3, what people? for what? police?? or something like that? and no, i do not feel that anyone should be above the law, not even cops. which their are two areas where this can be taken, an officer does something illegally such as sells drugs as a personal gain, or a ambulance runs a red light(to save a life or such). i believe the latter holds the only relevant thing. since this thread really serves no "life" saving purposes i feel it not to be following the rules.

1)Yes, YOU did say that, you SAID one thing but MEANT another. If I have to I could start disecting sentances to show you EXACTLY why what you said and what you meant were dfferent, but I'm hopeing that you've got the common sense to read both my and your original posts on the subject to see specifically what it is I'm talking about

2)You supported it AFTER I accused you of not supporting it, nuff said.

3)Amazing, I've stated and restated my point and you STILL don't get it. The fact of the matter is that (for example) police follow a different set of laws then everyone else. They can do things that others cannot (go try to arrest someone and see what happens). The same goes for mods and admins, they follow a different set of rules then the rest of us so stop complaining about it. No rules were broken, the mods just follow a different set of rules, just like minors/adults/seniors have different laws affecting them, just like cops/ambulance doctors/everyone else has different laws affecting them. Got it?

I'll reword it again just to make sure:

The exact same thing that you're complaining about on the forums happens IRL all the time. YOUR RULES =/= THEIR RULES, kapeesh?

1)Yes, YOU did say that, you SAID one thing but MEANT another. If I have to I could start disecting sentances to show you EXACTLY why what you said and what you meant were dfferent, but I'm hopeing that you've got the common sense to read both my and your original posts on the subject to see specifically what it is I'm talking about

2)You supported it AFTER I accused you of not supporting it, nuff said.

3)Amazing, I've stated and restated my point and you STILL don't get it. The fact of the matter is that (for example) police follow a different set of laws then everyone else. They can do things that others cannot (go try to arrest someone and see what happens). The same goes for mods and admins, they follow a different set of rules then the rest of us so stop complaining about it. No rules were broken, the mods just follow a different set of rules, just like minors/adults/seniors have different laws affecting them, just like cops/ambulance doctors/everyone else has different laws affecting them. Got it?

I'll reword it again just to make sure:

The exact same thing that you're complaining about on the forums happens IRL all the time. YOUR RULES =/= THEIR RULES, kapeesh?

you said "people should allowed to edit/delete other peoples posts" i agreed that they should beable to do so with their own. see the difference?

and? i had to? i stated it, why should i have to support it? i did so afterwards i see no reason to support things that i know are incorrect.

and try to arrest people? its called citizens arrest, it can be done...

I have no idea what this is about but Shaz is my bff, grats babe. <3:

You actually come on Tip.it Brian! I have 4 posts <3:

Here is my claim to fame: Shazarabbit's real life boyfriend. :D

Don't get me confused with the 10's of boyfriends she has in RS though :P

In response to a few comments and questions.

"First group" wasn't a slip. There will be a few. To preclude the comments about too many mods, I'll refer you to the comments about "keyloggers not being removed for hours". The people who think there aren't enough mods and the ones who think this will be too many can fight it out amongst themselves. I don't have the desire or the patience to even attempt it.

If you haven't received a decline PM similar to the one Uga posted, then that means you'll be hearing from us shortly. Everyone will get a reply one way or the other. In this case, no news has been good news.

Not everyone that gets chosen (now and in the future) is going to be the most well known in the forum. Being well known doesn't mean you have the right disposition to moderate.

Oh ok, that makes sense now.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Please keep this on the positive side, I don't feel like spending my day splitting flames off a happy topic. Next up will be handing out warnings, and I really don't feel like doing that either. :)

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?