• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what this is about but Shaz is my bff, grats babe. <3:

You actually come on Tip.it Brian! I have 4 posts <3:

Here is my claim to fame: Shazarabbit's real life boyfriend. :D

Don't get me confused with the 10's of boyfriends she has in RS though :P

Hahaha :P . I remember you from a TETAU Event in the wilderness ::'

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

How cool. Everyone who mentioned me, misspelled my name. But who cares:

Thank you all \'

Sorry, but who are you?

We know it's been a long time coming, but we haven't forgotten about the applications we received a while back. We had a great response with nearly 300 applications sent in. Since then, we've sorted through those and narrowed it down some more. We've been going through those left, and we now have a group of Moderator Trainees ready to be announced.

Please join me in welcoming Abelmisi, archimage_a, Mamong, Necromagus, runemetsa, and Shazarabbit as the first group of Trainees. They have shown great initiative thus far, and I'm sure they'll all do a wonderful job.

77yLQy8.png

anarchy? see, i have felt the ability to delete our own posts would be a good thing for these forums, ive used some where its allowed and when people made double posts they deleted them. ive had that need before, yet i cant.

and no, i dont see what you did. went more off topic? because im pretty sure bouncers must be at least 18 if not 21 these days. and carry a gun? when cant you? the law is you must have it holstered or in a case as such. to carry it and have the permit with you.

1) The proper way to word your last post would have been:

"I'm still curious as to why we can't delete our own posts honestly."

I don't usually correct grammar related stuff, but what you said was that you wanted the ability to delete/edit OTHER people's posts.

i had never said that, i was referring to posts of the owners. i do not see why we cannot be granted "special rights" over our own posts. but we cant.

2)Somehow that doesn't surprise me...

Here's what I did:

In response to your post, I posted something that seemed false, offering no proof to support what I said. Sort of like what you did when you said my comparissons were "clearly innacurate". If you can't back up what you say with some sort of logic/proof, then don't bother posting it because it will have all the impact of calling someone a watermelon now see what I did?

how is it i was supposed to support that? its incorrect, and all i did was state that if you wanted a discussion of it, start a thread.

3)The bouncers/bars were seperate examples. What I meant by them was that the bouncer can say that person A can get into the club while person B can't, and as such different rules apply to person A (is allowed to enter) and person B (who is not allowed to enter).

The bar example sees person A (who is of legal drinking age) who is allowed to enter/drink while person B (who is underage) cannot. This is the exact same concept as forum mods getting to break certain rules. Rules are rarely the same from person to person, and special roles/status allow you to follow a different set of rules.

what bouncers any more? seriously? and yes, people are kept out of bars for legal reason otherwise i have never seen a bar completely deny someone

As for the gun thing, I'm canadian, no guns allowed :(

ah, yes i recall that now that you mention it. canada is such a tranquil place. i do hope to go some day.

My 21st b-day I walked into a liquor store, and attempted to buy some Bacardi. Unfortunately, my girlfriend was with me at the time. I was denied sale, as she was 20. (Underage).

The person in front of me walked in with his son (I am assuming it was his son) His son looked to be around 12. He was not denied sale.

In conclusion: Shut up Jessy

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

Congratulations, all! :P :wink: ::'

Keep up the hard work!

~SC

P.S. Why has this turned into a "Discussion" thread? If you are taking the time to visit this thread, at least also take the time to congratulate those who have been working hard, pretty much the whole reason for this thread. Take your argument somewhere else, folks.

copyofsunny2hy0tp7.jpg

This_Evening.png

Thank you all \'

Sorry, but who are you?

We know it's been a long time coming, but we haven't forgotten about the applications we received a while back. We had a great response with nearly 300 applications sent in. Since then, we've sorted through those and narrowed it down some more. We've been going through those left, and we now have a group of Moderator Trainees ready to be announced.

Please join me in welcoming Abelmisi, archimage_a, Mamong, Necromagus, runemetsa, and Shazarabbit as the first group of Trainees. They have shown great initiative thus far, and I'm sure they'll all do a wonderful job.

I meant as "I never seen you before on tip.it fourms"

no, its a point to show some people walk a line above the law.

if we cannot do it, why can you? or anyone else? if your going to dictate rules and then abuse them your selves(all authority figures) perhaps you should suffer the same consequences.

seriously, it bothers me. these forums are moderated loosely, and thats fine but when figures whom moderate it break rules... saddening

Quis codiet ipsos custodes. English translation: Who will watch the watchers?

You have a point. People on these forums break the very rules they set to some extent. Also, if you're well-known, immunity to rule breaking is granted.

Keep in mind that one of the goals of the whole program was to get moderator trainees from different time zones for all of the forums so that the boards can all be covered almost 24/7. So don't expect to know all of these people unless you are an active viewer of every single board on the forum ;)

Also, if you're well-known, immunity to rule breaking is granted.

That is certainly not true. Just because someone has been here for a few years does not mean that they can get away with breaking rules. This thread was posted here instead of the Announcements forum because we got complaints when we allowed regular users to post in that forum. People didn't like the fact that the forum was constantly being "flagged down" and it discouraged them from viewing that forum at all. So we proposed the idea of posting an identical topic in General Discussion (the general board of the forums, no doubt) for people to comment on, because many people expressed that they would like to do so. Nobody complained about the idea, so we went ahead with it.

We are not abusing our powers or carrying out unjust actions or whatever it is you guys are saying. It is one thread in one forum and it's certainly not hurting anyone. If you don't want to read it, ignore it. It's not like we're out there mass banning people for no reason - now THAT would be power abuse.

Now can we please get back on topic? There is really no need to continue this discussion.

--------------------

Congratulations (again) you guys!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Congrants....

You now get to spend your spare time moving and locking posts and writing up little reports explaining why you move/locked the posts. But before writing the report you have to search to make sure there is not already a report on that user (or from the same IP address)... fun. ( Atleast that is what it was like back in 2005).

Well done to the 6 that got selected... I always don't write nice things about Jagex and what they are doing to Runescape.. So that sort of put me out of the running early :?

Just out of interest jessy87, Did you apply ?

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

Well done to the 6 that got selected... I always don't write nice things about Jagex and what they are doing to Runescape.. So that sort of put me out of the running early :?

Just out of interest jessy87, Did you apply ?

i did not.

In conclusion: Shut up Jessy

your example of being denial of service seems very obvious why you were denied. or does it not?

Thank you all \'

Sorry, but who are you?

That's probably, cause I don't visit these Runescape forums. I just use The Gallery and other forums here.

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

no, its a point to show some people walk a line above the law.

if we cannot do it, why can you? or anyone else? if your going to dictate rules and then abuse them your selves(all authority figures) perhaps you should suffer the same consequences.

seriously, it bothers me. these forums are moderated loosely, and thats fine but when figures whom moderate it break rules... saddening

Quis codiet ipsos custodes. English translation: Who will watch the watchers?

You have a point. People on these forums break the very rules they set to some extent. Also, if you're well-known, immunity to rule breaking is granted.

Yeah man, just look at Bubsa.

I love how some users complain about their "rights" not given to them. The thing is, Tip.It is a privately owned website, your rights are the ones that the admin set. More familiar term would be "Forum Rules". <3: It gives magical abilites to the ones who seek assistance. :wink:

rickastleywh7.png

A bit off-topic, but I'm here to flog myself in public:

Sincere apologies to Sir Abelmisi for incorrectly referring to him as "Miss".

BLARGH! :oops:

*flogs self*

However, my opinion anent Abelmisi still stands: a valuable and welcome addition to our Tip.It Mods!

Congrats redux! =D> =D>

gaaallllgh5.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

Thank you all \'

Sorry, but who are you?

That's probably, cause I don't visit these Runescape forums. I just use The Gallery and other forums here.

[/hide]

Oh ok, I don't really look at the Gallery so that is why I've not seen you around. Nevertheless, Congratz!!

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge