Jagex officially rids their game of RWT's!

n64jive

I say play it for a week and wait for the tweeks to the system. Jagex took a big step but think about it; you'd still be whining if they didn't do this. You have to think as jagex as a company and think what they gain from this. Jagex can't please everybody although this was not the way no one is pleased with this update.

dude w/e...there is not a single soul who is happy about this. they can't please everyone, true...but they just proved they can make their whole player-base be displeased.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I was wrong with my prediction that they would be going to remove trading soon once the GE came out, but looking at the mechanics they now suggest, I was close. :D

shares from monster hunts will not be possible unless you got the drop yourself

LootShare?

drop parties

Party Pete?

giving gifts to friends, recieving gifts, loaning money, getting paid back

Yeah, this will be completely removed. Perhaps if Jagex put some thought in it, they could create some kind of collateral system, however.

IMO people here are overreacting... Jagex seems to have putten a lot of thought into this and overall I have to say they seem to make the best out of it with what they want (= total removal of RWT). Perhaps they may need to do some better tweaking of parameters, but if you can look beyond that, the way they worked everything out is quite impressive.

Edit: Oh I gotta love the irony of me being pro-Jagex for a change, once nearly everyone is anti-Jagex. :D

Ok. I was wrong with my prediction that they would be going to remove trading soon once the GE came out, but looking at the mechanics they now suggest, I was close. :D

LootShare?

But how will you split the profit from the drop? 'ok here 3k, waity 15 mins for another 3k' and so on...

drop parties

Party Pete?

Do you really want 300 people from banks across rs to come to your drop party that you are hosting for your friends?

Yeah, this will be completely removed. Perhaps if Jagex put some thought in it, they could create some kind of collateral system, however.

IMO people here are overreacting... Jagex seems to have putten a lot of thought into this and overall I have to say they seem to make the best out of it with what they want (= total removal of RWT). Perhaps they may need to do some better tweaking of parameters, but if you can look beyond that, the way they worked everything out is quite impressive.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

LootShare?

drop parties

Party Pete?

Monsters, yeah sure ill stay at sara boss with you till we get a hilt for you rather than just leave now ive got mine... (and theres no way to pay you ur share)

Party petes??? its redicuious as soon as you get a party worth over 10 mill, half of rs shows up for it..

presents, ciao.

Edit, beaten to it :(

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

wasn't expecting that kind of post from you Duke...

btw, if anyone says Merchanting is dead...lol @ you. i make 20M daily and log on for 5x 20 seconds each to adjust my GE.

but seriously...i have no reason i play anymore. i can't even buy a signature now :wall:

lootshare is a joke!

last time i used it, my friend got every single drop from the boss, i got nothing but maybe bones once or twice, he wont be able to share the drop when he sells the loot at the end either (starting in january)

drop parties.... this weekend there was one at party petes.... once someone saw 2.5m in the drop.... the room was so full it was like w2 when people still traded the old way.

friends only drop parties are ruined (sorry for the misclarifiction)

Scrd_Silence.png

wasn't expecting that kind of post from you Duke...

I don't think anyone would. :P Perhaps I'll take the time to write a more detailed version on my thoughts here later on though.

Plus, people know where I stand regarding RWT. I just find it ironic that people are now complaining about what they wanted to happen: the completely removal of RWT... Ofcourse, it comes at some significant costs, but what did you guys think? You're simply not going to get rid of RWT without changing the fundamentals of the game. As I said, with what Jagex wants to reach (= no RWT), they are doing just what was necessary and they are doing it just fine, although admittedly they do need to fine-tune a lot of the new content much better.

As for monster shares and drop parties - I just named what Jagex considers the new alternatives to them. Indeed, I know they are not perfect so please don't flame me for mentioning it. ;)

By the way, jagex didnt even totally eradicate rwt'ing.

Goldfarmer buys highest value combat items with the gold being sold

goldBuyer goes to b.h

goldfarmer goes to b.h and lets buyer kill him

goldbuyer goes to g.e and sells items

hey presto, rwt'ing

jagex just ruined rs without taking out the problem.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Ok i have really mixed feelings over this, but for the most part i can understand and agree with the reasons for this update. I wish we could still give gifts even if it had to go though jagex somehow. lets say i want to give my wife a mud staff for her birthday. I get the item then take it somewhere like the grand exchange and pay a fee for the transfer. That would leave them all easily tracked and for gifts i would even be willing to pay the market price of the item again to have it transfered. Just my too cents worth. And loot share for bosses is a joke. Once a trip is over and every one logs it resets. No coming back the next day to go for that hilt again. I mean well you can but the same guy has just as good a chance of getting this time as last.

I miss you Justice my angel on earth and now in heaven " quem di diligunt, adolescens moritur " for whom the gods love die young. April 6th 2005 - February 17th 2009

goldBuyer goes to b.h

hey presto, rwt'ing

Well if you read the update all the way through if you kill someone your not assigned and pick up any of their items then you are stuck in multi combat for 3 min with a big price tag next to your name and having the timer on means you can't protect item so yea thats not going to work out so well for them.

I miss you Justice my angel on earth and now in heaven " quem di diligunt, adolescens moritur " for whom the gods love die young. April 6th 2005 - February 17th 2009

goldBuyer goes to b.h

hey presto, rwt'ing

Well if you read the update all the way through if you kill someone your not assigned and pick up any of their items then you are stuck in multi combat for 3 min with a big price tag next to your name and having the timer on means you can't protect item so yea thats not going to work out so well for them.

Yes but on an empty b.h server and sticking in 1 corner away from the crowds you could easily stay alive and unseen. Even today with it being new i could find large areas in there with no other players.

zqXeV.jpg

I'm the only one who is going to keep playing? Sure, it has been some bad updates, but RS is still RS. It seems like many of you doesn't agree with this, but I will keep playing anyway. And if you want to quit, feel free to do so.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

goldBuyer goes to b.h

hey presto, rwt'ing

Yes but on an empty b.h server and sticking in 1 corner away from the crowds you could easily stay alive and unseen. Even today with it being new i could find large areas in there with no other players.

They would still need the high level requirements to be able to take such armor into the minigame, otherwise you just can't take them in.

Since most goldfarmers don't have such high levels, it would be a rather time-wasting method to transfer money (training combat stats is more risky to auto/takes longer (chickens,cows,...))

As much crap RS is turning to, I'm not quiting. I know Jagex is sacrificing their game to rid of lazy rich idiots, however it's too extreme. RS'll become worser than worst soon enough. I saw the news today and said "Wow, Jagex has done some good things". Some time after logging on, I noticed how crap these things are. Why are there Revenants all over the Wildy? I nearly got killed while trading with Simon. The Wildy seems a bit nicer now, and would have communities of people around if it wasn't for the Revenants.

Then I went to check the Duel Arena and dueled 3 times, friendly. I won 2, and I started thinking of profiting some time from it, however there's the limit.

RS is going downhill, and because of these updates, F2P didn't notice they got more bankspace.

When i first joined Tip.It, around March perhaps, there is still the feeling of an old community, with players who loved the game. Now there is only the feeling of people leaving the game because of each and every update that comes out.

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

I just don't know what to say. I'm speechless...

A short while ago when people made threads about what Jagex would do in the future, it was all fun and games. I never thought they would actually do it. But they did.. Omg...

Runescape feels like facism now :uhh:

I can't believe they ruined merchanting.... Staking.... Dropping... Gifts to friends....pking....

2480+ total

I'm the only one who is going to keep playing? Sure, it has been some bad updates, but RS is still RS. It seems like many of you doesn't agree with this, but I will keep playing anyway. And if you want to quit, feel free to do so.

I will still be playing. People are over reacting right now and forget that this will probably be the last bad update for a long time. Jagex now has more resources to use for better updates as well.

swordwarior.png

I will still be playing. People are over reacting right now and forget that this will probably be the last bad update for a long time. Jagex now has more resources to use for better updates as well.

People like you dont realize how bad this update is. Its basically a single player game now with a interactive chat room,which is moderated to bones and teeth just like everything else in this game now. They have destoyed trading, the wild, dueling, basically everything that made runescape, well runescape.

Danightsword.png

People like you dont realize how bad this update is. Its basically a single player game now with a interactive chat room,which is moderated to bones and teeth just like everything else in this game now. They have destoyed trading, the wild, dueling, basically everything that made runescape, well runescape.

I do realise how bad some of these updates are, however I won't quit just because of that. I'm quiting when F2P is gone or when RS ends. People'll adapt to the new RS; every game has it's bad and good points.

lol, you guys make me laugh. All of you saying your quitting. Cute. I'm sure 75%+ of you will come back soon enough, if you even quit now. lol, tyranny? It's their bloody game. You don't like it? Leave, they aren't gonna care. Even if the game fell through the floor now, guess who would have the last laughs? The millionaire Gower brothers ;).

siggy.jpg

Jagex has gone way too far... playing on this acc for 1 year+ in total on other accs 6+ years.... i'm out... i only liked pking the last couple months.. they have ruined it... duel arena gone? everything is completely supervised, i'll post my goodbye letter later.

Jagex can't care about the players they are just sad about the 5 euro/dollar loss -.-.

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif