A (new) Unwritten Rule Among RS Players

Krimm911

Generally speaking, most RS players like this every man for himself attitude when it comes to playing RS. For this reason people are willing to lie, steal, and call you a noob to get items by scamming or other unfair means (even if you thought they were your friend). What I have described above is not a RWT example, but of how low some RS players have gone to get ahead in game. But with the new updates Jagex has released in effort to stop RWT, it has given the player community a chance to turn into a little less every man for himself, into a community that would help each other even it cost one player a few gp's.

As of right now, there arn't really "unwritten rules" of RS, but with the new update one (in my mind) should be the first one. Jagex has implemented a new way items are dropped on death. This gravestone update keeps all lost items upon death for a time dependent on which gravestone you own. No longer if you die (except in the wilderness) can other players take you items. This means people won't root you on to die but instead my try and help. This is the first step in changing out community. My proposed "unwritten rule" would encourage players, whenever they see a gravestone, to repair a gravestone to let the dead player get their items back. I'm not saying wait there 10 minutes and watch the player get their items back, but I am saying take 2 minutes out of your day to repair or bless the gravestone in giving each player a better chance of keeping their hard earned stuff.

I know each and every one of you would want someone to do this for you if you died, and same here. So this is just encouragement to let tip.it not only be known for pwning in MSSW, but as a great community of players that would help someone they don't know out.

and yet you just wrote it down :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I can see where you're coming from, but unless the gravestone is in the middle of the MEP2 maze I think it's already easy enough to get your items. Heck, if I had a rare I'd happily be abyss RCing with it while reading forums without a worry in my mind. Tbh 4-5mins to get to where you died is insanely long already.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Well, it would be really nice if everyone did that. I would do it if I saw a grave . The thing is that there are some people that rather watch the person who died run to his grave and fail to get the items back, than just clicking once and loosing 2 prayer points.

16185_s.gif

Let them graves rot. Call it a silent protest.

Besides, if you get mob-owned, you deserve it.

gee, thanks buddy, ill be sure to repair your grave too :wall: :roll:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Repairing a gravestone is just common courtesy. I repaired a few last night whilst fooling around on F2P. If it takes a rule for someone to be considerate, then they seriously need some social help.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I would most certainley repair someone's gravestone for them.

I don't really see why not to be honest?

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Repairing a gravestone is just common courtesy. I repaired a few last night whilst fooling around on F2P. If it takes a rule for someone to be considerate, then they seriously need some social help.

Besides the entire RWT crap Jagex keeps feeding us, these gravestones are nothing more than a generic hand-holding effort. If you die to a monster, your items shouldn't be preserved past the original 2 minutes or whatever that they used to.

Besides the entire RWT crap Jagex keeps feeding us, these gravestones are nothing more than a generic hand-holding effort. If you die to a monster, your items shouldn't be preserved past the original 2 minutes or whatever that they used to.

It's an alternative to someone picking up your items an keeping them safe for you- that can no longer be done so instead they repair or bless the gravestone. If noones around, noone can repair the gravestone. Sure the angel of death keeps it for 5 or so minutes, but you paid 500k for it to do that.

Repairing requires prayer points, but no items. I doubt it gives EXP.

Bless it and it stays the full hour.

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

Perm.

And you dont need anything to repair the gravestone, it just costs a few prayer points.. BLESSING them you will need 70 prayer, but it seems to only take away 60 to keep 10 for you for "emergencies"

And huta, some of the 'mobs' can farcast you, hitting mid 20s while barely on your screen while moving.., killing you within seconds even if you are gobbling sharks running

saying "you deserve it" is just ignorant

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

i totally agree with you. even before this update came out, if someone died, i would always give their items back to them. as you said, it is just common courtesy

I would repair a gravestone if only for a chance I might be rewarded for my efforts. In the event I am not rewarded I have some choice words that are fortunatly censored (I dont want to be reported) but shoudl still give a pretty clear meaning.

*If all the foul stuff is censored, you cant be reported. If you argue with me you can tell it to the J mods. I did take the initiative and get confirmation :wink: \'

so these gravestones pop up whenever someone dies, anywhere, anytime?

or are there exceptions -> wildy death? bounty hunter?

One exception: bounty hunter.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?