Monday Poll: What are your plans?

MPM

I am a non-PKer and particularly didn't like killing dragons in the wildy then getting attacked out of nowhere because the guy i was training on drags with suddenly decides to backstab. It's a bit of a biased view I have I know but I have to ask if anyone has tried out the bounty hunter yet before deciding to quit. Although the revenants are extremely annoying still i kind of prefer the wildy this way.

Killing the King Black Dragon is less troublesome now although not being able to share the loot makes it that much tougher however I'm sure they'll manage to find a way to improve it eventually.

We can still lend out items though, there just has to be some insurance or it needs to be lower value items. The forced economy is really bad though since I am a merchant but ever since the grand exchange was released it was really bad anyways.

All in all these updates leave me with a mixed feeling of where I should go in the game with my character but it really makes things more interesting and encourages me to keep playing and use these changes to my advantage and find the fun in it instead of being unhappy that times have changed and give up.

Free players got a very nice update for their wildy loss and for us it seems we'll get summoning. It would have been interesting to use summoning in the old wildy though.

The bottom line is I support the changes and will miss some of the old stuff but it is for the better. GE is quite annoying right now though, so many prices are all over the place.

If you don't pass on this chain letter in the next hour to 10 people, who cares?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could care less about most of what is happening, but the trading update is horrible. Some players (like myself) get items we need by trading more valuable items for them. For example, a few days ago I traded full splitbark that I wasn't able to sell for a Granite body i wasn't able to buy in exchange or from other people (they wanted a bit too much money). Now, those of us who can spare the extra worth can't do that. It's almost like everyone is locked into GX prices now, even in player to player trades. I won't quit, I've played too long on this account, but I can see that others will.

Iceland is in the north Atlantic. Its capital is Reykjavik. What is the punchline of this joke?

Pking is ruined forever. :boohoo: The wilderness doesn't seem like much fun anymore. And the limited trading terrifies me. The only thing I like is the extra bankspace. I don't think I'll quit, I'll just go on maybe once a month to chat w/ friends and to complete holiday events. Asides, from that, I probably won't be on...much

I miss the old Wilderness.... :boohoo:

Oh, and I hate the forced economy... Maybe I'll quit after all...or not(thinks of holiday items)

well im f2p so i was rather happy with the dueling opening up to me

but i personally think these were two large updates that should've been opened seperatly.

1st place the new tradeing system to go along with GE

then set up the new wildy

having them both at the same time was a bit much and is upsetting ALOT of people

the tradeing system will work well but will hurt gifters and lenders. maybe they should put one of those "type this random number" thing in for them, but it will put a huge wall infront of bots

as for the wildy, they should've kept the old wildy, but added this as just another minigame... like duels or castle wars. cause i was rather upset walkin around seeing lower levels unarmed that i couldn't attack

thats just my thought of this all

this sure made parties alot lamer, i shutter just thinking about hosting the MSSW3 afterparty in the party hall.

*adds 1m of stuff to drop chest*

*30 seconds later noobs from all over the world swarm to falador*

MSSW4TI.png

I am very upset by this update. Most of the changes, including the wilderness restructuring, are actually to my benefit, so that is not the problem for me. The trade restrictions are simply ridiculous. While I could easily live with having some restrictions on trade, the 3k limit is much too mow to reflect how most players actually play. I like Qeltar's idea of basing trade restrictions on total level instead (from this article)

I also think the Lootshare system is fundamentally broken; drop values vary way too much for this to be a fair way to share items. With the new restrictions, I can not compensate others by selling items and splitting the profits.

This update needs serious changes. If Jagex ignores these problems and does not respond in anyway to the requests by thousands of intellegent, mature, high-leveled paying customers, then I will probably choose not to give them my money anymore. While none of these changes actually harm me personally, I do not want to support a company that is not at all responsive to the needs of its customers.

That said, I love the game and have been playing it since RSC. I certainly hope that over the next week or so, Jagex makes the changes they need to.

I'm not going to quit with the hope that they will modify the update.

"I just wanted to say, if people weren't buying gp, Jagex wouldn't have to do this."

Over 525 billion gp banned this year already, totaling over 2.6 millions USD. OMG People!

Zu_Wizard.png

Well since the poll doesn't really show my thoughts I'll add my own option; "I don't play anymore, but after seeing what has transpired over the past while, I will not be coming back."

Wait it out people, Jagex will hopefully stand up and pull a miracle out of where the sun don't shine. Quitting over a few updates isn't the way to go.

i have 23 days left in my membership and i have already canceled it so it wont be renewed. i will use up the rest of my membership and see how it goes. if jagex doesnt change anything then im quitting.

the update to the pk doesnt really affect me, but its probably the most hated addition in the update. the trade and drop update is completely over the top :shame: i mean only being able to trade 3k to friends and it messes with the already messed up lootshare. i cant even hold a private drop party for my soon (i hope) 99 mage. plus they completey ruined merchanting, where i make most of my money :evil: jagex what were u thinking??? :wall: :wall: :wall:

allbot.gif

allbot.png

allbot.png

I joined runescape a year ago...since then it's all gone downhill. I remember, wandering arround varrock square packed to the brim, or west bank, being packed, not anymore. Even the grand exchange isn't that grand anymore. The economy is dying. The players are really upset, I doubt even the christmas holiday event will dismiss this gloom hovering over Runescape at the moment. The Pkers are really upset and most combat oriented pkers are hanging up their abbysal whips and moving on. Wilderness will never be the same. Free trades are a thing of the past, 3k difference, yeah... So much for me and my friends free trading stuff now for b-day and ect. Oh well, for better or worse I will continue playing runescape. ::'

amatesmaru.png

i dont know....runescape....to scape or not 2 scapee......

think about it there are two sides to ever story...

to defend the game..

yes it will stop gp selling.. :D

agenst rs..

its stuffed da while game.... :ohnoes:

but the question is not when will they fix it it's will they fix it... :pray:

if something is not done......il need a new past time....pking was my fav thing about rs.....now its over jaks get your act teogeather ur [bleep]ing up the game -.- :shame:

pking is dead....*sob sob*

evil_lurks5.png

I'll wait, but barring big changes to the bounty hunter game I'm gone

Bounty hunter isn't even well done...I'm pretty upset.

At level 100, I'm absolutely no match for any two mindless level 85s who attack me. That isn't to say I can't easily get my own entourage together, I just don't see much of a point. I could snake around and try to surprise people and get kills here and there, but bounty hunter sounded like a way to engage in some 1 on 1 combat...it hardly delivered

what is even happening on members servers?? do you zone in, get DDsed by 8 people and die after your 6 second immunity wears off??

I'm not really offended that the wilderness is gone or the game has changed...bounty hunter just stinks...There is no defense against 2-3 random idiots in the bounty arena other than 3 or more of your own counter idiots.

Hell my character is at the max level of the medium bracket, I'm SURE any group would love to let me pk with them daily in bounty hunter...it's just so pointless knowing I could easily be replaced by any random level 90 who doesn't know what they're doing and be just as effective in me in this game (hey everyone...click on that level 62...woot)

here's how bad this update is : no one is even talking about the horrific lag.

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

I finally managed to pull off some decent stats for pking and jagex had to go and ruin one of the best things that runescape had to offer. Yes i have pked quite a few times. I may not have been as good as other pkers were but i managed to get a few kills in. Now that jagex decided to do away with pking forces me to quit because they took the love out of the game. If they manage to fix the wild then i might comeback. I just hope that jagex realizes how bad they are hurting themselves with this update. :( well i guess this is going to be one sad christmas gift from jagex.

Krypto_storm.png

You know, I am still seeing how this all works out. I personally have 3 accounts active, 2 in the wings I'm waiting to use. There's a main (lvl 89, mage pk'er (lvl 24) and a range pk'er (lvl 30). The wildy monster update with the 'ghost' animals sounds like a bad idea...

I've seen 10 people today giving away stuff because they quit from updates... (Gained me a great axe :D ) But I never PK'ed much on my main, which I use the most. I'll give it a chance before I pull my memberships.

I say, if you're going to quit, wait a little. I honestly hate the trade update thing, it sucks! I always give my pk'er accounts stuff and now it seems as though I can no longer do so, come January. All I think of that is aarrghhh!

Add me in-game if you want to discuss how you feel.

RS name: wutzzup

Edit- Please don't type in all-caps again. Fixed this time though. -Bluelancer

\............../.|......|__________

..\..../\..../...|.....|....|........./

....\/....\/......\__/.....|....._/___

The thing im gonna miss about the wild is the risk. Thats half the fun about going into it. I was never big about pking but it was fun when i did it. And the idea behind it is too stop trading characters but theres so many easier and better ways that arent going to annoy the entire runescape community. The grand exchange is a good idea but by forcing a price on everything its just killed another aspect of the game. I will keep playing but it won't be nearly as much fun anymore.

Runescape name is rspw2000

from nov 12th - dec 5th i made a str 99 attack 70 and def 1.

now its all wasted in bounty anny1 kill u even lv 99 .

u get 99s clans on u there lost dds.

wtf where jaqax thinking?

gett rid of theyr loyal players? like me , untill no.

i completly lost my sosail life on that lv 99 str

jan_e94.png

#47,984 to 99 fletching 19 , 9 , 08.

Jan_e94.png