UPDATE //Legit Issues with New Update and Balanced Trades//

NukeMarine

I never thought about the rune running one :/

Alot of people with have to rethink money making plans

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

I like the idea about 'veterans' as you called them. I think after spending about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã50 over three years or so on RS, I deserve more lenience (think that's how it's spelt.) I don't particularly dislike these updates, but that annoyed me - I have a friend who has been saving up for some sort of rare for a while, and I wanted to lend him some money if he needed it - but oh no, a couple million gp is a little bit more than 3k. Oops, my bad... It's quite a childish rule really for people who've played for years.

Another thing, with what you said about rune ess being stackable, you could click the essence mine once, wait a while and you'd have 99 mining. Not a great idea. Also, people would be able to go to the air altar with 1 rc, click once and have 99, plus a load of airs that they could earn millions from. Again, not a great idea, although I can see where you're coming from.

Plugpoint92 ::'

Yes, I do believe Jagex needs to have consideration for veterans. These guys and girls invest many, many hours into a game. Many have tried to improve it in what little ways they can.

As for the ess, you misunderstood. It's not asking for stackable ess. When I said merge, I mean to remove the Pure Ess or at least allow regular ess to work on Combo Runes and at the ZMI Altar. When trading (for running), unnoted ess has a different value at the altars than anywhere else.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

These are quite some good solutions. Jagex should listen to them. Thank you for posting this!

Danka. Plus, I did post these in the RSOF, so perhaps someone at Jagex saw it.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

I love the recycling ideas, especially the herblaw minigame.

I'd do it even if it didn't give xp. Collecting waterfilled vials (I refuse to pay over the odds for them, even with the price drop from the GE) is the most boring part of herblaw.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Well, it beats manually dumping and filling the vials again.

nukemarine.png

Well, the two things that get me are lootshare and no compensation for veterans, as you said.

I spoke with a J mod, and he honestly believes the Lootshare system is good. He expects a team of five people to do over 500 runs in order for everyone to get a hilt, regardless of the fact that one of the five has gotten six hilts and another member has gotten three. Apparently, Jagex also expects people to be coordinated enough to all wear the same team cape in Clan Wars in addition to sacrificing sizable defense and offensive stats to wear it. It wouldn't take much effort to make the icon for teammates on the minimap orange -.- Jagex has serious issues with logic.

Also, they do have something in mind for veteran compensation but it's not enough. "At the high end of QP, you can trade up to 10x the limit of 3k." Whoodie frickin' do. 30k. That's still pathetic; 100k would be a good amount; it would allow people who've invested the effort to give away their excess (i.e. iron or trout) and give small gifts to friends. Also, most street prices vary between 50-100k (i.e. people buy stuff and sell for 50k more than they paid, or vice versa), so it would allow for some leeway while trading.

And for anybody who believes that 100k would benefit RWTs, you are wrong. Even selling it at $1 per 100k, that would take five sales to equal one month's membership. With all the requirements for quests, it would take at least three months to get those requirements, and another three months to do all the quests (especially for someone not well-versed in English, like the average Chinese sweatshop worker.) It's simply not worth the effort for them, in comparison with what they can make off other games, which is the point.

td2sig.jpg

No matter the number they give for unbalanced trades, it will never be high enough. I still think it should be attached to all three aspects of a character's age (quests, skill points, game time) that way there's benefit to any manner one goes about using a character.

We'll see in time how Jagex really implements changes for the better. The future updates post looks promising.

nukemarine.png

Most of these are excellent ideas, but unfortunately, I doubt they will be implemented in the future, mainly because Jagex pays no attention to game suggestions posted on fansites. :?

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

There are a few issues of yours that I wish to comment on.

4. Veterans - Jagex, with this change, begin to offer more leway to veteran accounts. Let them wager more (with other veteran accounts) and have that also be allowed in unbalanced trades. Examples: new accounts limited to 3k gp, six months are 30k, 1 year are 300k and 2 year accounts are 1 million gp limits. Again, the 15 minute rule applies. I think it's safe to say a 2 year account will be risked less to RWT than a 2 minute account. *edit* Actually, such a system needs to be based on both character's age and skill level to prevent 'investing' in a gold seller on f2p.
Then surely a gold seller will make a bunch of accounts now, as an investment for a years time. Then in a years time he comes back and he can sell gold again. Reviving the RWT Problem.

10. Recycling - The grand exchange shows that end items are all but useless. You cannot even sell them. Jagex needs to implement more methods to "recycle" end items of skills that do not have perishable end products. Some suggestions are Dwarf Recycling Center that converts metal items back into bars (60% return, but you have to use same amount of coal as if you used the blast furnace). Additional high level crafting skill allowing you to remove the jewels from jewelry (I suggested a 60% success rate, where failure is crushed gemstone). Lastly, a mini-game in Nardah where you use your potions to distill usable secondaries and get back water filled vials. These are simple ideas that needed to be implemented years ago.
I believe this would make skills far too easy, Yes the item never sold before the Grand Exchange was implemented but surely thats what Hi Alch was created for?

Eye

There's one part of Runescape that is never updated. Everyone, whether they are F2P or P2P, experiences it. This essential part of Runescape is called Tutorial Island. When someone creates a new account, they start off in Tutorial Island. But Jagex never updates the tutorial.

I say that it requires a few changes:

1. Have the priest explain clans in addition to friend/ignore list.

2. Then, instead of telling the player to look at the rules on the website (which I know that most people are too lazy to do), have him explain each rule, why it is in place, and finally a reminder of the consequences.

3. After that, he gives a "pop quiz". The player will be given random questions, with random answer selections, sort of like the Stronghold of Security.

These changes should:

1. Stop or slow down the creation of bots.

2. Hopefully, we'll have less immature players.

Oh, and then send J-Mods to camp out at common skilling areas, patrolling between a group of worlds for more bans.

MSSW4TI.png

This is excellent, Nuke. These are all important issues, and some I feel are nagging things that have been coming up under my sub conscience that I couldn't identify.

Your suggested changes are great for the most part, too.

One thing I'd like to see for the "recycling" point is a place (possibly Warrior's guild?) for players to sell food and potions. With the removal of pking and the current unpopularity of bounty hunter, there needs to be a price floor for these items.

2496 Completionist

Ortiz, account selling will be the last major RWT business to be stopped. It's the most difficult too as how do you prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt?

they can prove it by the IP adress, the skills, and if the player gets rid of all there items all of a sudden, pretty obvious

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

these "legitimate" ideas are crap, they are all useless. addign them would ruin and improving game

Watch me on Youtube

Current Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun

Future Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Golden Sun II: The Lost Age

Holier_Nx.png

Boss monster hunting will still be dead, even if Jagex find a way for us to "share" the loot.

The reason being - Unable to "drop trade". All of the main bosses you're being attacked constantly and thus have little time to trade (Even so it'll be 3k, or so to be "up to 30k") limit. However it's VERY useful to just "drop trade" potions, food etc. between people in the team while killing the monsters. with the 3k limit we're limited to 2 sara brews and a shark per 15 minutes, it's impossible to trade prayer restoring items between ourselves (Well, we could trade in one doses!) and thus it gets extremelly annoying with people running out of food while the rest of the team has far too many, but there's no way to share it around.

Hopefully the 30k limit will apply to these drops too, but even then it's probably not enough.

these "legitimate" ideas are crap, they are all useless. addign them would ruin and improving game

And here we learn never to post drunk. The truly sad part is that he probably thinks this is the height of intelligent discussion and that he offered a superior retort.

Eyehawk 78 wrote

There are a few issues of yours that I wish to comment on.

NukeMarine wrote:

*edit* Actually, such a system needs to be based on both character's age and skill level to prevent 'investing' in a gold seller on f2p.

Then surely a gold seller will make a bunch of accounts now, as an investment for a years time. Then in a years time he comes back and he can sell gold again. Reviving the RWT Problem.

Hence you have it based off a mix of the three. One with high in quest points, skill points and player age is able to trade more unbalanced than one with only 1 of them high. Plus, that means a RWT would have to "invest" a year or more to make a useful throwaway character that compromises any other character he has in store (Jagex records all your IP addresses believe it or not).

NukeMarine wrote:

10. Recycling - *snip*

I believe this would make skills far too easy, Yes the item never sold before the Grand Exchange was implemented but surely thats what Hi Alch was created for?

Eye

Not really, if you do the math, it would only allow a small financial return akin to high alchemy. However, high alchemy only works best with plate armor and no other items. This offers a fun way to replicate what high alchemy does but without introducing tons of gp into the game.

Anyway, the Blast Furnace has made smithing pretty easy. With the ability to safely unnote there, it is even more so.

nukemarine.png

Just a tid bit on your rune running replacement idea...why so expensive? And here I thought I'd found a nice thing to do to get some decent cash since merchanting is completely out

And the GE...really I have no beef with it at all, it's a great way to keep track of prices and a great way to sell and buy...but it kicks in when I want to start a bar smelting business where I pay the smelter in ores and some amount of gp I (and the smelter) feel is acceptable per bar. Because using that method in paying for the bars you pay approximately 10% below the market price per steel bar and you can probably push the price up 5% or more for a net shift of 15% in profit, repeat hundreds of times and you have a nice flow of cash coming in. But with the trade limits at 3k per 15 min, that's absolutely impossible...at least in the volumes it previously was possible. And the GE only allows for a 5% profit margin and MAYBE 10% if you're REAL lucky. I was thinking more along the lines of instead of limiting trade by a solid number alone, for high value trades exceeding say 10k on either side, prices should then be able to vary by at least 10% according to the market price as established by the GE. And maybe just so that it's even all around, increase the price variance by 10% in the GE as well. That seems the most viable solution that doesn't hurt the average player who's done skilling for about a month and wants to take a break to just kick back and watch some money flow into the bank. Because I'm that player...and sometimes skilling isn't enough, the numbers don't go up as fast...and I like to see big numbers and I like to see them go up a little faster than 5%

I think Jagex is going to make us stop using runners as a method of speed leveling. Mathematically, you can use the ZMI altar as a faster leveler than world 66. In addition, Double nats are only profitable if you run your own.

So, runners only get you slower, more expensive experience at laws or faster xp at nature with no profit.

There are other places for runners are a bit tougher to say how the impact will really be felt. You don't have to use them at the Blast Furnace, but it can help. You don't have to use them for power mining, but it can help.

Don't get hung up on the prices I offered though. They're only suggestions with little thought as to balance issues beyond the surface level.

nukemarine.png