The GOOD from the updates

1unahtreiloh

everyone is complaining about updates they themselves have been asking for since bots and rwts started in rs. now, its like "forget this, go back". no one stops to think. you all keep living in the now, in the Id part of your mind. well, look at it this way:

F2P:

less crowds at what little yew spots they have

overall less autoers

P2P:

oh god, where to begin........

more people acctually going out and earning their skill levels instead of buying their way up, which is pathetic and lazy

less bots rwts

more overall good people

and most importantly.....

MORE AWESOME UPDATES

so stop living in your Ids for a moment and start using that Ego that (i hope) none of you lack, and look at the positives of these updates, not just the negatives

Watch me on Youtube

Current Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun

Future Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Golden Sun II: The Lost Age

Holier_Nx.png

If people wanted to play a grindfest, there are plenty of other games to choose from. And that, sir, is what this game is coming to.

...and THAT opinion, class, is what Freud called the Id, the desire to furhter ones self NOW, not looking toward the future or what may happen from coices

Watch me on Youtube

Future Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Golden Sun II: The Lost Age

Holier_Nx.png

this is like the 5th topic about what good things came from the horrible update...

:wall: we get it already now stop making the duplicate topics >.<

obviously you dont, if you keep complaining. you are telling us to stop listing the good points, when there are like 20 topics about the cons, but when there arn't even 5 about the pros, you get all offensive

Watch me on Youtube

Holier_Nx.png

Wilderness is hugely ruined, after January 2008, team monster slaying are destroyed. Jagex is controlling the entire economy with G.E. You can no longer lent and get back stuff you lent to friend. If your friend died in monster slaying, you cant return it. You can no longer merchant by having the most raw supply and selling them at higher price. Runecrafting is taking a dive due to higher pure essence price, and lower rune cost.

Now, the pros. More bank space, summoning coming soon, the ditch of stupidity is perhaps useless now unless you get lured to BH, go in, and die...(you gotta be mentally delayed...).

Now, if Jagex didnt mess up this many things, the pros will be very very nice addition. But now, people only see the bad things. I seriously am disappointed by this move.

Ranged Crave

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

What do you guys do for fun that you actually enjoy this update? Cut logs all day?

slayer, for one. and heck, it might get me to pk on my main in members... that NEVER happens :shock:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

If people wanted to play a grindfest, there are plenty of other games to choose from. And that, sir, is what this game is coming to.

...and THAT opinion, class, is what Freud called the Id, the desire to furhter ones self NOW, not looking toward the future or what may happen from coices

Having a goal-oriented approach is fine, but at no point should a GAME feel like WORK. Runescape does, sometimes, and this update is pushing it more in that direction by encouraging more skilling.

Goods:

F2P: Less autoers and whatnot

P2P: No more abby pkers, no more treasure trail pkers, less autoing and real world trading. These are all GOOD for the economy and for the game, people are just too rash about everything to think about it. I'm not quitting, I'm staying, the game is still enjoyable just more of a challenge :P

Though... R.I.P. Present giving :(

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

more people acctually going out and earning their skill levels instead of buying their way up, which is pathetic and lazy

Its become EASIER to buy skills. Now, level 99 herblore or construction or smithing etc is just a matter of having the gold and going to the grand exchange and asking for 5 million of whatever raw material you need.

it's just become harder to get the money to buy the skills, the skills are more buyable than ever :roll:

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

Goods:

F2P: Less autoers and whatnot

P2P: No more abby pkers, no more treasure trail pkers, less autoing and real world trading. These are all GOOD for the economy and for the game, people are just too rash about everything to think about it. I'm not quitting, I'm staying, the game is still enjoyable just more of a challenge :P

Though... R.I.P. Present giving :(

Those new monsters are way worsers then those pkers...

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

What do you guys do for fun that you actually enjoy this update? Cut logs all day?

lol

But, seriously, my three favorite things to do in Runescape were, in this order:

1.) PK'ing

2.) 'Boss' hunting

3.) And if the latter two aren't going well for the day, then staking.

Jagex just HAD to go and destroy (Or will be destroying) the things I love the most in-game.

*Insert expletives here*

Lol

lol

But, seriously, my three favorite things to do in Runescape were, in this order:

1.) PK'ing

2.) 'Boss' hunting

3.) And if the latter two aren't going well for the day, then staking.

Jagex just HAD to go and destroy (Or will be destroying) the things I love the most in-game.

*Insert expletives here*

o__O It's sad but it's really funny at the same time.

2480+ total

slayer, for one. and heck, it might get me to pk on my main in members... that NEVER happens :shock:

Don't count on it, you either need a big clan to survive in the bounty arena (in the highest level) or 85 mage and 4 lucky dds specs. Also, pures aren't death at all. The new "pures" are tanks, just look at the bounty high score.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

• 2 weeks later...

slayer and rcing is still one of the major money makings that hasn't been cut out. some of us still find them enjoyable.

I think i have done my fair share of RC, fletching, hunting and most skills already. I turned to duelling ad staking for my fun and income, but now it is gone.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

The best about this all is that Jagex is going to offer updates to tweak this major change for the better.

Pk'ing? Imagine a solo bounty hunter set-up. Hell, maybe they'll offer something akin to my idea where you "pay" an entrance fee and you can kill others for their entrance fee (bring you best game as you won't lose items).

Balanced Trades: currently set to be 30k max but even that might be raised. Jagex will do that in baby steps so as not to upset the major effort against RWT.

Dueling: See balanced trades. Heck, they may update the Duel arena to offer awards to anyone that one at least one fight in the tourney.

Boss Hunting: They're looking into a shared loot system for better division of bigger items.

Most of the complaints are being looked at and answered in a reasonable way. If you want something that will bring back RWT, then you may as well not bother asking cause it won't happen. Jagex drew a line and will guard that line from here on out.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit