So I ran my usual 4.5 miles yesterday, pain started,pics now

USMC_24788

I thought at first it wasn't anything big. I thought maybe I jammed my foot or somthing so I didn't check at first. I got home at about 5:00 pm central and about 10:30 central I decided to take a look at my foot.

Heres what I found in my shoe 3/4 inch piece of metal. This had peirced my foot as I was running.

First The Enemy!

0003nm7.png

My sock soaked up the blood for the most part.

0001lg9.png

The sole of my shoe.

0004du1.png

The hole in my shoe (hard to see).

0002nm4.png

24788.png

I could have freaking sworn I posted in this topic, before you put the pictures up...did my post get deleted or am I just going crazy? :uhh:

Anyway, what I said before (or at least I'm almost positive I did...) was that you should put some disinfectant on it to make sure nothing develops at the wound. Isopropyl alcohol or peroxide both work, but I recommend the former because it feels nicer.

I could have freaking sworn I posted in this topic, before you put the pictures up...did my post get deleted or am I just going crazy? :uhh:

Anyway, what I said before (or at least I'm almost positive I did...) was that you should put some disinfectant on it to make sure nothing develops at the wound. Isopropyl alcohol or peroxide both work, but I recommend the former because it feels nicer.

Trust her, she's the Doc'.

No, seriously; she almost is.

New sig to come!

its not very deep. its about 2 mm deep. The reason I didn't notice it is because when i'm running I tend to ignore alot of things including pain. When you run far to you train your body to ignore alot of pain and you just think it is your body getting worn down or somthing.

I've been running for 2+ years now so just used to it.

oh yea plus I listen to trance so I get really lost in my music when i run far so pain is like taken out of it.

24788.png

its not very deep. its about 2 mm deep. The reason I didn't notice it is because when i'm running I tend to ignore alot of things including pain. When you run far to you train your body to ignore alot of pain and you just think it is your body getting worn down or somthing.

I've been running for 2+ years now so just used to it.

oh yea plus I listen to trance so I get really lost in my music when i run far so pain is like taken out of it.

Ya, I have a tendency to ignore pain too while I run *since I have knee issues*. I also don't exactly hear things while I'm running too (I have boycotted running on roads now... with biking I have to though :( ).

Make sure to go to a doctor though, even a 2mm wound can get infected reallllly easily *looks at 2 toes :anxious: *

Shaniqua.png

I would have no reason to fake this. Really nothin for me to gain.

What I think happened is we have snow here and thinks will randomly being sticking out of the ground. At work I work at a construction store and ill find nails or screws on the ground alot. But i don't wearr my new shoes to work so its not from there.

I was running inside to, not outside lol.

Also reason I didn't feel it is the foot can take a lot of pain. I've watched people walk on hot coals. It's gotta be that. It looked more painful when i looked at it then just walking with it.

24788.png

I'm pretty sure u did post too :-k

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.