New Training Spots In Wildy

gregmister2

The thing about normal pkers is that they're human and understand when you're trying to do something and when you don't have anything worth for them to take... Like when you walk around in wildy with nothing on, most pkers would just leave you alone and not waste their own hp to obtain nothing valuable, but now, we have these random idiot creatures who try to eat you when you step into the wildy -.-

Exactly, although you did get some idiots that attacked no matter what, most knew that if you had just a Ddp++ that there was no point attacking you. They knew you'd pray and fire off 4 specials, they'd get nothing and in return they'd be poisoned and waste food.

At the Green Dragons when Slayer just came out, everyone up there basically had an understanding that they shouldn't attack each other, because everyone always had full prayer and a teleport, and only had 3 decent items. Everyone just took 1 dragon, stayed in their respective area and didn't pick up other people's drops, unless stated that they could do.

blazesigbq9.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green dragons would be good but they need to nerf the power of the Revenants..

Which most likely won't happen.

Yeah I had trouble doing a clue last night....gah. Normal Pkers were easier to avoid.

Same,

& I was wearing karils, fire cape, inf boots,

still hitting 25's on me.

<.<

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

Mostly @ the green dragons. I've gotten over 200 hides and d bones over the weekend, and not one dreg pkiller attacked me. I got attacked by reverants maybe 3 times. normally, I'd have some jerkoff trying to kill me for my hides, or my food.

SOOO much better now. IDK what some ppl are complaining about reverants. Sounds like (former) pkillers trying to make this update sound like a bad thing. It's MUCH easier fighting or avoiding them then a pack of 12 year olds ganging up on you spouting "just die already you noob". :roll:

Jetset516.png

Mostly @ the green dragons. I've gotten over 200 hides and d bones over the weekend, and not one dreg pkiller attacked me. I got attacked by reverants maybe 3 times. normally, I'd have some jerkoff trying to kill me for my hides, or my food.

SOOO much better now. IDK what some ppl are complaining about reverants. Sounds like (former) pkillers trying to make this update sound like a bad thing. It's MUCH easier fighting or avoiding them then a pack of 12 year olds ganging up on you spouting "just die already you noob". :roll:

If you would check, many of the ranters are f2p, who do not have the ice spells, nor did they ever have tb, or hitting anything too much above 20. We have a challenge bigger than the normal p2p pjing farcasters.

22031_s.gif

I know it's abouts how wilderness was supposed to be, but...

It's nowhere near what it used to be, I mean previously you had to think of what to take, because the more you took with you, the higher the risk of attracting a pker. Now there's revenants... They are perfect pking machines and very dangerous. Yet it doesn't feel dangerous at all when you can just run back and get the items, because the revenants simply don't take the items and a by passer can't see them either. The revenants aren't human! I think jagex should make the revenants a bit more like the old pkers... Like if there's a guy in full dragon and a guy with bronze dagger, they should attack the full dragon guy if they can. And they should make it like that the revenants have a certain amount of runes for spells or certain amount of arrows for ranging and they should drop what they have left if you kill them.They could teleport away, they could use protect from items too sometimes, I don't give a [...]!

Then remove the gravestones from wilderness. The revenants pick the items worth most that they have space for. All untradeable stuff that normal players couldn't see anyways should be left behind.

That way the wilderness would be a dangerous place and it would seem that way too with the risk of losing items. And the ones who liked pking could kill the revenants for the profits just like the old times.

I mean... That way pkers still get around the same challenge, same rewards as before. The normal players wouldn't need to listen to the pkers calling you names for no good reason at all. Everyone would be happy, right? I mean that would nicely restore wilderness to it's former glory and make it one bit better than before.

(I know I'll get flamed for this, but yeah, that's MY opinion.)

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

Like a lot of people who've posted, I frequently switched to a quiet world to do any wilderness trips (mostly treasure trails). But to be honest, I always felt like I was taking the easy way out.

I'm sure I will get killed more frequently now, but the wilderness was supposed to be a challenge. At least now there's no way of skirting around it.

Although I like the general idea, the revenants are still way overpowered. Being challenging is one thing, but these things are more than that. I hope they reduce the damage some.

Like a lot of people who've posted, I frequently switched to a quiet world to do any wilderness trips (mostly treasure trails). But to be honest, I always felt like I was taking the easy way out.

I'm sure I will get killed more frequently now, but the wilderness was supposed to be a challenge. At least now there's no way of skirting around it.

Although I like the general idea, the revenants are still way overpowered. Being challenging is one thing, but these things are more than that. I hope they reduce the damage some.

These things don't even have that good of drops.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Do you hear yourselves?! Did you ever stop to think that Jagex pictured the wilderness to be a *little* bit harder?! The old wilderness was practically empty everywhere besides edgeville and could easily be avoided. And yet people have had the nerve to complain about how runescape is becoming too easy and there wasn't a challenge. Open your eyes and accept the fact that you might have to actually fear dying in the wild. :wall:

These things don't even have that good of drops.

Maybe they weren't there to be trained on?

A challenge is suppose to be...uh...I dunno....A CHALLENGE?!

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

kinda off topic but now since there's more people killin greens will hides go down? lol

They just might. Although, for some reason pl thought they were worth 1.5k+, but I NEVER spent more than 1k on them. Why would you spend so much I never understood. Just stand in the west Fally bank and you'll get tons of people willing to unload them for 1k.

Jetset516.png

i wanted 44 pray from 31 and i wanted to buy dbone , now ,. its 2.5 per bone ! , i went to get my own and after a load of 28 , i use the tele pillar and boom , i appear in wildy lvl 50 with 10-15 ghost revenant doing me 10-15s , 1 hitted me ... wow , even pker wasnt thats good ...

Excusez-moi, votre Anglais est vraiment terrible. On dirait que vous n'essayez m̮̻̉̉me pas.

Merci.

\'

Vous ̮̻̉̉tes amusant :wink: ! I was thinking "Heh, why is he typing in French now?" Then I checked his signature.

Walloon or Flemish?

;>

There are some new training spots in the wilderness, but many old ones have been ruined. And myself I liked the old ones better, since you didn't have to take the risk of a random, high-level moster, suddenly appeared out of nowhere...

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

There are some new training spots in the wilderness, but many old ones have been ruined. And myself I liked the old ones better, since you didn't have to take the risk of a random, high-level moster, suddenly appeared out of nowhere...

Before, you had pkers that would follow you till the end, now you have friends there who revenants think that they are better meals.

22031_s.gif

do the revenants spawn in the agility course itself?
Yes. Yes they do.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

It's the wildy

so it has to be hard to survive and full of risks!

there is no pk danger anymore, I think this is a good replacement although I still hate the spooky creatures :anxious: .

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

do the revenants spawn in the agility course itself?
Yes. Yes they do.

Actually...we need to do a guide where members share their escape routes...

If they attack in the wildy Agility area, just jump down the ladder on the northeast side. They don't follow you. At least, the one time I was there they didn't.

He WAS pretty damn determined though...every time I peeked back up he was there and tried to mage me.

Eventually, I ran east to escape but he followed, until I got to the teleport by the mage arena. Now, granted...not everyone can make it that far, BUT...I was ahead of him enough that I was able to slash the two spiders' webs, while he was still on the west side of that little building. He also didn't follow me in, nor did he try to mage me through the wall even though he was in clear sight.

I just waited 10 seconds, logged out, logged back into another world and of course he was gone. I walked back to the agility course and wasnt touched the whole (rest of the) time I was there.

Jetset516.png

I know it's abouts how wilderness was supposed to be, but...

It's nowhere near what it used to be, I mean previously you had to think of what to take, because the more you took with you, the higher the risk of attracting a pker. Now there's revenants... They are perfect pking machines and very dangerous. Yet it doesn't feel dangerous at all when you can just run back and get the items, because the revenants simply don't take the items and a by passer can't see them either. The revenants aren't human! I think jagex should make the revenants a bit more like the old pkers... Like if there's a guy in full dragon and a guy with bronze dagger, they should attack the full dragon guy if they can. And they should make it like that the revenants have a certain amount of runes for spells or certain amount of arrows for ranging and they should drop what they have left if you kill them.They could teleport away, they could use protect from items too sometimes, I don't give a [...]!

Then remove the gravestones from wilderness. The revenants pick the items worth most that they have space for. All untradeable stuff that normal players couldn't see anyways should be left behind.

That way the wilderness would be a dangerous place and it would seem that way too with the risk of losing items. And the ones who liked pking could kill the revenants for the profits just like the old times.

I mean... That way pkers still get around the same challenge, same rewards as before. The normal players wouldn't need to listen to the pkers calling you names for no good reason at all. Everyone would be happy, right? I mean that would nicely restore wilderness to it's former glory and make it one bit better than before.

(I know I'll get flamed for this, but yeah, that's MY opinion.)

This is a great idea, but it's probably to complicated to ever be implemented.

I only really cared about four things in the wilderness. I used the abyss, the agility course, the single combat greens, and the ardougne lever/mage bank for treasure trails. Sure hope those aren't ruined, and I just got a clue before I logged out yesterday... I'm starting to get a bit worried here...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Is this what JaGex's idea of a PK'er is? A mindless, overpowered, cheating monster who takes advantage of poor defenseless players? For shame...

a rc pker?

that is what ne pker was tbh there were all jerks tbh never liked pking and im lade its gone.

a4d6cf8282.png

100122210315.png

Bind them and run.

Use protection prayers if they're trying to bind you in place with their attacks.

Get a good gravestone so you can recover items.

I do appreciate that I can return and pick up whatever I lose, although I'm yet to die of them.

What we need is a guide for evading them/killing them, and where they respawn when killed. If we can't get stronger against them (which summoning might help with), at least we can get smarter.

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Bind them and run.

Use protection prayers if they're trying to bind you in place with their attacks.

Get a good gravestone so you can recover items.

I do appreciate that I can return and pick up whatever I lose, although I'm yet to die of them.

What we need is a guide for evading them/killing them, and where they respawn when killed. If we can't get stronger against them (which summoning might help with), at least we can get smarter.

The only one I know of is the rev imp which spawns in lvl 2 wild in edge, other than that, I do not know much.

Just to help other players ::'

22031_s.gif