Your "noob" memories

Rarex

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way back in late 06 when I was like lvl 13, I saved up for a Mith scimmy.. some how I get enough money for a mith B axe some guy offered me 5k for it, but pulled it away really fast and I was scammed..

I sent a childish rant to jagex and said:

"Im soo mad i want my mith b axe back, a guy by the name of yueling or somthing scammed me! give it back!"

I got an automated response :oops:

Got muted 2 months later for naming a site <.<

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Spending 20 minutes on tutorial island trying to figure out why I wasn't moving when I pressed the arrow keys. :oops:

Dying within a minute of getting off tutorial island to a level 2 woman.

Going into the valcano on Karamja and dying because I couldn't find the way out.

Not knowing what a bank was, so I lost all my stuff every time I died.

Thinking I was really rich when my friend gave me a mith sword.

Thinking my friend was the richest person ever because he had 40k.

Trying to kill lesser deamons at level 30.

Wondering why people called me a noob for wearing full mith at level 65.

I think I win the biggest noob award :anxious:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I once thought that EVERYTHING, was a player. After killing tons of goblins I thought I was a master PKer :wall:

I thought the same ting about level 2 men and women :oops:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

When I started Mining and Smithing, I mined in Varrock, went down to Al Kharid, went through the gate, smelted at Lumby, went back through the gate, then up to Varrock to smith. Not only did I not know about the furnace in Al Kharid, I didn't know about the road that went right from Lumby to Varrock :wall:. 20 gp a trip was quite a lot for me then.

Then later on when I could smith Steel, I made Short Swords and sold at Varrock until I had enough to buy a Rune Pick. Getting the Rune Pick was pretty cool, but I didn't know at the time that Steel Bars were 500-600 ea. I only got about 150 for each Sword I sold #-o.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Spending 20 minutes on tutorial island trying to figure out why I wasn't moving when I pressed the arrow keys. :anxious:

you think thats bad, i didnt learn how to talk till i was a level 35. i thought i had to click somewhere. it never occured to me to just type. nice friend showed me how one day. haven't stopped talking since \'

epicfailsig.jpg

mr_rogers108.png

Way back when my friend and I were both n00bs...

He started a little earlier than me so I respected his Judgment.

And I knew him in rl, so it was an honest mistake.

Friend:mine 500 coal, and I"ll trade you this item, I think it's good

Me:ok

*mines 500 coal*

me:so where's this uber-l33t weapon(didn't use those words exactly)?

Friend:here, *trades*

I got a mith scimitar.

I couldn't wield it.

I WIN!!

I am teh n00bzors

-reck

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm

I remember being level 22 with a mith pic and attacking a swarm. Now that is lost.

I remember being a new member and meeting a player and doing heros quest with him. He's quiting in a week. I knew him since I was lvl 50.

One of the more funny noob moments was when I was not more then 2 weeks into playing around lvl 15 or so, I went into the varrock sewers with my friends. We were all around the same levels so it was a big adventure trying to get past the zombies, scorpions and skeletons in there. Eventually I tried to fight off a skeleton. The skeleoton won. So I ran back and pretty sure I got my items.

Another time I was exploring around the tree gnome stronghold. I had just fond out about runehq and was killing hill giants when "OMG!" "THEY CAN DROP D SPEARS!!" I told someone and they told me that they'd been there for a couple of days without one. Boy I had no idea how rare they were.

Some quickie noob moments:

1. Went into wild to mage this noob who told me he could own me. I own him then stupidly stay to fight the ranger that attacks me.

2. I was wondering if there was a quicker way to catherby from taverly so I tried using a rock hammer on the rocks by the beach. Was so mad I wasted 5k.

3. Telling myself I would never use charters because 1.5k was so much.

when i was a noob i thought i knew everything, i saw a member with a dragon med helm and thought that you could smith them with minable dragonbones in deep wildy :lol:

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

When I was a noob, whenever I got something good (etc. Rune Baxe)

I'd put it in my inventory and stare at it for minutes

Same goes for arrows and runes, whenever I've obtain over 1k of em, and Im using em, I'd constantly look to see the amount decreasing.

But that was a long time ago :-w

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I remembered one incident that got me so fudging mad.

My friend had given me a guthix platebody for my birthday and I was so happy cuz I was rich.

Without checking the price, I kept trying to sell it.

When a guy traded, I was afraid that he might decline so I priced it 200k.

He put 200k and we traded. I was so happy then

But until I realized the price

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

It took me 3 accounts to get going; The first died in Draynor Manor, those darn trees! The second to a giant rat next to Varrock's East mine. I didn't know how to get the items that I had lost back so I just started again :)

oh hehe yea i had 2 accoutns to get me going too.. one i died at draynor so i gave up, the other one i was scammed XD

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

Lol I love this thread. :XD:

I remember not knowing how to train strength or defence. I was like 20 cb with 50-something attack before I realised..

When I was level 30 I got the zombie mask and I was so happppy. Ahh how I wish I could relive those moments.. :(

jordangmsunset.jpg

Oh, I remember loads of other topics like this one. Cba to post on all 6 what I remember from being noob but just to make you happy. I remember discovering fallador after living months in Varrock without knowing other cities.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8