Your "noob" memories

Rarex

I remember when I did Dragon Slayer at lvl 49...the exp rewards took me straight from lvl 49-51. I was like "Omfg I never got to be lvl 51"

Then I remember celebrating my rune plate by running around varrock square saying "wooooot I did dslayer" in about 10 worlds.

Good times \'

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that the first sentence I ever said on Runescape was "I'm a warrior". And that I fell to a "Trimming Armor!" scam, losing my full black. Man, I was so mad...

Catafrato.gif

~Quest cape owner since February 10th, 2008~

~Proud member of the W22 Shilo Fishing Guild~

I have 2

My first one was when I was about Level 20. I had just turned f2p and I had just killed enough men to save up for a steel longsword. I went to the duel arena to test it out when I met a level 97. He challenged me, putting up addy platelegs. I accepted and we went to duel. He was nice and let me kill him for the legs. Then I went Louie Leg's Shop, sold it for 2k and went up to Varrock to buy a Mithril Long and fire staff. :D

My second is when I was around Level 50. I only had 12k, mithril full helmet and a couple ores. I wanted to buy this guy's rune longsword. Amazingly enough he accepted my offer and was able to sell it for 30k. I felt so rich! 8-)

This is a temporary account. Ash6110 is my real one. As soon as I get my account back I will not be using this one anymore.

Thanks

Ash6110

[...] I had just turned f2p and I had just killed enough men to save up for a steel longsword.[...]

You mean p2p?

f2p= non-members

p2p= members

Catafrato.gif

~Quest cape owner since February 10th, 2008~

~Proud member of the W22 Shilo Fishing Guild~

Few more:

Somehow, still in the single digit levels, I came across a mithril dagger. I thought it was so awesome :D I tried to wield it, but I couldn't, so I put it in my bank and waited until i could, but by then I had turned to scimitars. I think i ended up selling it ::'

I went until about cb 20 before figuring out how to train defence #-o

I thought I couldn't talk until I had 10gp (friend told me that)

I had just died from a highwayman and lost all my stuff. I got a pm, not knowing it was a pm, from the guy who picked it up. He wanted to give it back, and, not knowing it was a pm, I tried talking to him in public chat #-o :XD: I was with my friends, and when I was talking randomly out loud they figured out what was happening.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

When I was a noob, whenever I got something good (etc. Rune Baxe)

I'd put it in my inventory and stare at it for minutes

Same goes for arrows and runes, whenever I've obtain over 1k of em, and Im using em, I'd constantly look to see the amount decreasing.

But that was a long time ago :-w

I dreamed of having full Rune armour...

I remember that my friend (who I still talk to) discovered me having a noob Bank Sale in the Falador East bank. A pot of flour, few runes, that kind of thing. First he gave me 3k for the pot of flour. Then he came back and gave me a Rune Med. for the rest. After that, he took me in and trained me up. I remember not being able to eat well for the Vampire Slayer quest (he gave me lobs and I ate whenever I lost like 2 hp). He had me do other quests too and gave me full Black. Later that summer, he quit and gave me 20k to buy Mith. My brother, as a noob also, added him to do the whole "phr33 st00f pl0x" thing to him.

It's crazy that we still talk.

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

when i was a newbie fresh off tutorial island, i started in rsc. my old computer couldn't handle the complexity of rs2's graphics.

so, anyways, i spent my days looting coins from guards in varrock, and ended up getting full adamant armor from it. :thumbsup: even more outrageous, i trained with bare fists. then, i got scammed by some guy who said he did it on a bet... adamant armor lost to a guy that had like 5 santas...

so, i started over feeling my account was tainted. within the first 5 minutes of playing off the tutorials, i was in al-kharid, which at the time was full of bots. there i saw it, my first expensive item. a rune 2-handed sword lay by itself on the ground, nobody was around. i picked it up and sold it for 50k gold! i then bought more armor, a sword, and trained untill i got bored and came to rs2.

i honestly miss rsc, but oh well. -.-

starfox.jpg

Peppy: "Do a barrel roll!"

Fox: "That's your solution for everything..."

Peppy: "Just press Z or R twice!"

Fox: "No, Peppy..."

This thread is the most awesomest!

Just like Fook stated a couple of posts before, I was hooked on PKing ever since I saw others in the wildy.

I wandered to the brownish haze of the wildy and saw others killing each other in the Varrock wildy. Luckily I hadn't even started to level combat skills, sticking to fishing. I had started to sell salmon and trout to the lower levels while fishing in barbarian village and cooking beside the wildy. I bought enough arrows to start leveling my range and became a pure ranger. When I would run out of arrows I walked to the 11-18ish wildy by the Bears and camped out picking up bronze arrows for hours. Then head back. Man, those were the days.

Warning! Cowlos is shooting at you!

Hehehe...

Barrows Drops: {1} Guthan Warspear, {1} Karil's Top, {1} Karil's Bottom

Oh, I remember loads of other topics like this one. Cba to post on all 6 what I remember from being noob but just to make you happy. I remember discovering fallador after living months in Varrock without knowing other cities.

I remember.. that I was fishing lobsters tgether with Xano and we were thinking that we would get rich..good times, good times..:P

99 Magic; achieved on 4-4-2009.

85 Slayer; achieved on 6-8-2009.

99 Defence; achieved on 14-8-2009.

99 Constitution; achieved on 12-3-2013.

99 Attack; achieved on 12-5-2013.

99 Slayer; achieved on 21-6-2013.

I came, I saw, I ran away.

osiris_1993.png

Oh, I remember loads of other topics like this one. Cba to post on all 6 what I remember from being noob but just to make you happy. I remember discovering fallador after living months in Varrock without knowing other cities.

I remember.. that I was fishing lobsters tgether with Xano and we were thinking that we would get rich..good times, good times..:P

We never got rich though. <3:

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

I remember the first nice person I met on rs, his name was anton27, he taught me how to mine and smelt, I made 570 gp off making bronze items and selling them from the general store, i felt really rich. then he took me into the wilderness (at the time I didn't know players could attack other players there) and he gave me a pair of steel legs, I felt so happy.

that memory was from my main that is now permanently banned, so I have lost all contact with anton27 ='[ and the last time I met him, I, started giving, him, tips and insrtuctions.

good times...

Gentle_breze.png

Gentle_breze.gif