Will the Release of Summoning Drop an Old p2p Skill Down?

warshadow212

Constructing - anyways there are 2 useful things in that skill - tablets and altars ... the oak altar will be enough ...

Farming - they still can plant trees cant they ?

Herblore - lets look at the first pots (till 26)

1st one eye of newt - got it

2nd one - they already have unicorns , they just need the horn drop

3rd limps - got it

4th red spider eggs - got it ...

Slayer - IMO the whole skill is useless

Thieving - I guess your right ... I dont even see the point of that skill #-o

i would have to agree, herblore is the most likely. as up to fishing potion most things are pretty much do able. however, the quest is related to a p2p area that could possibly be opened to f2p. but that seems like a bit work to stop them from crossing the mountains and moving around near the warriors guild

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a P2P elitist, but I doubt Freeplay will get any new skill. Honestly, they don't need anything more than what they have already. I could see them getting minor upgrades to their current skills, though. Such as Crafting of Green Dhide armor and possibly Crafting Chaos/Cosmic runes. But that'd really be the extent of what I could see happening.

Do you think, Perhaps, that the Black Dragon lives in the Black Dragon Cave!?

Blackmagecc.png

I'm a firm believer of typing with proper grammar on the interwebs. Oh yes.

Do u realize the lag that would be created on f2p servers with construction. I mean cmon. specially the first couple days.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

I really cant see your reasoning for agility. You're suggesting that the only place to train it will be the Agility Arena? Sorry, but have you tried the Agility Arena at level 1? It would take them 3 hours to get to level 10. There is no way they could get past all the obstacles in time to get a single ticket, so the only exp would be from the obstacles them selfs.

Did you by chance have a few drinks before writing about Desert Treasure? In case you have forgotten (or haven't done the quest), 99.8% of the quest takes place in members areas. Not to mention you have to do SEVEN members quests which include Death Plateau, Troll Stronghold, Waterfall Quest, Priest in Peril, Temple of Ikov, The tourist Trap, and Digsite quest. You must also have 53 thieving, 10 agility, 10 herblore, 10 slayer, and 10 fletching.

Now tell me how you think the DT will become an F2P quest.

I really cant see your reasoning for agility. You're suggesting that the only place to train it will be the Agility Arena? Sorry, but have you tried the Agility Arena at level 1? It would take them 3 hours to get to level 10. There is no way they could get past all the obstacles in time to get a single ticket, so the only exp would be from the obstacles them selfs.

Did you by chance have a few drinks before writing about Desert Treasure? In case you have forgotten (or haven't done the quest), 99.8% of the quest takes place in members areas. Not to mention you have to do SEVEN members quests which include Death Plateau, Troll Stronghold, Waterfall Quest, Priest in Peril, Temple of Ikov, The tourist Trap, and Digsite quest. You must also have 53 thieving, 10 agility, 10 herblore, 10 slayer, and 10 fletching.

Now tell me how you think the DT will become an F2P quest.

Well, that's the end of THAT theory. :lol:

Do you think, Perhaps, that the Black Dragon lives in the Black Dragon Cave!?

Blackmagecc.png

I'm a firm believer of typing with proper grammar on the interwebs. Oh yes.

Here's what F2P should get, as it would completely even out the triangle there.

Fletching

Yew Bows

Rune Arrows

The ability to make arrows up to Rune.

The ability to make bows up to Yew.

A Flax Field.

Ability to use Blood Runes.

The Wave spells.

Ability to use snare.

I think those would even up the F2P BH triangle, to make it not melee pumped.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

IMO, i feel if you want to do any of the p2p stuff you should pay to be a member, support this great game. It only helps updates. F2p is still one of the vast and more complex games on the internet, they dont need to update it anymore.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

cheap skates

why dont u pay like the members nd dont expect any hand me downs

I do pay from times to times and I play as f2p too , so I think i kinda might have the same right as you.

I dont know why everyone hates f2p ?

And still I would like to pwn every pvp p2p in my way in the BH for example ...

imagine this

f2p 90th cb lvl - lets say something like 75 atk , 85 strength , 40 defence , 82 hp , 59 magic , 60 prayer , 70 ranged.

the strength is usualy alot more then the attack (dotn know why but people dont like the atk ..) and the def is 1/2 of it , the HP should be around that lvl , the magic prayer and ranged are random.

now imagine p2p 90th lvl - 70 atk , 75 str , 40 def , 70 hp , 59 magic , 60 prayer , 60 hunter , 60 ranged.

almost the same tactic.

now the 1st one has more atk , str , equal def , more hp , eq magic (wont use it anyways) same prayer and ranged *same as magic. and the member has the yey 60 summoning he cant use against the sucky f2p.

now with more in any stat who do you think will win ?

I Hope you get the idea.

I dont hate f2p honestly I dont care I played it till i was lvl 50+ with 700 or so totals, but what I am saying is all you f2p'ers keep talking about getting updates. If you want updates support the game with a mear $5.00 a month. Jez.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

You know its not easy to find a credit card in east european country when you dont have 18 years (in my country is 18 not 21 ...)

Yeah, it's also very hard to put 5ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì in an envelope and send it trough mail.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

You know its not easy to find a credit card in east european country when you dont have 18 years (in my country is 18 not 21 ...)

Yeah, it's also very hard to put 5ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì in an envelope and send it trough mail.

(i hope i got the iidea) and to send it trough mail from europe to usa ... 5 for the game and 50 more to send it

You know, every p2per who replied (except for the one who disclaimed himself as a p2p elitist) is a freakin elitist! OMG, i have never hear such BS in my life from some of you p2p noobs!

"f2p dont pey."

"get a card."

"send money in envelope. duh"

"f2p got bankspace"

heh, wonderful. except, I didn't need extra bankspace thanks. I have been p2p before, WILL COME BACK sometime, after I get to my goals. Maybe.

I did do Agil arena from lvl 1 to 31. IT was long, not hard. Thanks for your false concern there, kill thomas9. Real nice.

DT - what was I thinking? sorry, even I made a mistake, and I take it back. Sorry. Took it off the list.

P2Pers, let me let you in on a little (aka well known, not-obvious-to-you,-obviously) secret: # F2Pers >>> # P2Pers. The little $5 a month you pay is chump change compared to the revenue they're getting from advertising. Google doesn't charge people to use their site, they sell ad space for big bucks. Everyone's caught on. $5/month is peanuts to JaGEx. Heh, it's like hook, line, and sinker for a lot of ya.

~WSW~

Nice idea!!!

However it misses one crucial point. The time taken to level up for f2p is already very high even with only a few of the skills available. People that play RS are mainly in the 12 - 16 age group. The changes that occur to the lives of these people ie the discovery of the opposite sex, beer etc mean that the vast majority will leave the game before they can level these skills. So there is no point for Jagex.

The only way to make it attractive to f2p would be to give the same as they give to members but this also makes no sense to Jagex.

Fletching is about the only skill that is a possibility in that it is boring to train and has no direct relation to member skills

Little stereotypical, dont you think? Im 16 and a half, I manage to have a job, girlfriend, and school...I still find time for rs?

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Can't we all ignore the PLAUSABILITY factor, and instead focus strictly on the merits of each skill?

OT: Fletching really should be f2p because melee can smith all it's materials, mages can make their own runes, and rangers can.... buy their own arrows??? It doesn't really make much sense.

nh.jpg

Possibly fletching so that they can only train up to the levels needed to make the max items that they can use (maple bow and adamant arrows?)

That would make some sense.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Unfortunately, all those 12-16 yr olds found this game from Miniclip.[/c] So, the ideas of beer and opposite sex to them, if they're engrossed in this game, are slim to no chance in registering those ideas to their brains.

Thx for the support, and ideas, and yes, there's a possibilty of this not even happening, but it's there - the chance is there. I made this thread as a 2nd viable idea, instead of f2p summoning.

~WSW~

ALL?probablies not even most. NAd because people go on miniclip doesn't mean they don't have a social life :shame:

Instead of super strength pots you would have spinach. :lol:

Reply to a thread about Disney Buying Runescape

thieving, herblore are the most easy skills too put into f2p

thieving is prob the easiest as you only have to put the option at some men and stuff and you dont need any new shops, just let it be possible up till a certain lvl.

herblore because you can already get some second ingredients and getting the herbs shouldnt be TOO hard

bassically they could do any skill as long as it doesnt need any key area's in the p2p to train (like agility in gnome stronghold)

Tip.it's 2nd unoffical Go player

Darkduellord.gif

sm3x;

sm3x0rz.png

I HIGHLY dobut that a P2P skill will be give to F2P, however if jagex does decied to do this, then mabey they will give them herblore. Reason being is that the place you do Druidic Ritual is really close to non-members fally.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Even though I doubt they will make any more f2p skill, if they were going to make any skill f2p they would make fletching. like it has been stated, range is the only one that can't make its own supplies. Also there are already most of the trees there, they would just have to add in maple trees, which f2p can already use in firemaking. they would also have to add in a flax field and change the smith code to allow arrowheads up to addy for f2p, and boom f2p fletching.

Herblore is plausible, but it is much less likely to be added in, which is saying alot considering they probably won't be adding anything in. With f2p herblore you would be able to make a couple of the potions. They would just have to make Taverly f2p and for adding the herbs they could make the edgville dungeon wilderness f2p. There really isn't that much stuff that is "members" exclusive to the dungeon except the obelisks for staff crafting, But the staff crafting spell is members only anyway so they wouldn't need to change anything.

That's just my oppinion. (would have never thought about this though, so thanks to the thread creater)

Mages can't make their own supplies also, since f2pers can't actually rc any chaos or deaths for pking,

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.