Runescape is the biggest regret of my life.

ice_ring

Honestly, I hate being outside... period. It doesn't make much sense but it scares the crap out of me. I can't imagine this ever getting better, so I plan on killing myself when I turn 18. I realize my life is going nowhere fast. It won't matter in the end though. Nothing matters if you look at it on a large enough scale. Our lives are meaningless to the universe.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also hate the fact that I lied to myself for two straight years, I told myself that I was gaining decision making skills and math skills. That was bologna and I knew but I didn't want to believe it.

Finally what have I gained from playing Runescape? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Wow.. because through playing runescape I have learned alot.

I've learned ALOT more about buisnesses (along lines of merchanting etc), and gotton me more involved into learning about buisness and economics.

Decision making skills.. yes.. you do learn them.. You're an idiot if you didn't learn ANYTHING about desision making skills in runescape.

Honestly either I learned alot, or I'm lying to myself and I bla bla whatever you said..

And yes there is more, but the main thing is learning merchanting and moneymaking from runescape has gotton me more into Buisness/moneymaking in real life, and given me a better perspective on alot of it.

By the way. Its a game.. it's played for fun. You just have to play it the right amount.. not go all hardcore. Nothing to regret.

You're still living the lie.

Darkmage, to be completely honest, You're an idiot.

How the hell is he living a lie by playing a freeking video game? Even though Runescape doesn't turn you into a genius by any means, you can't say it teaches you nothing. And please, explain how people are living a lie by playing runescape? Is it a lie when anyone does anything they enjoy?

I play basketball with my friends in my free time, is that a lie? Is going to sporting events and concerts a lie? Because the way you are explaining it, everything pleasurable in life is a lie...so to be honest, I'm sorry that you can't enjoy things without beleiving that it is a lie, but i hope that you eventually change you're frame of mind because you're life must be very depressing and dull with the way that you think.

runescape ruined my life too! :D

i have a deadline on 7th but i think ill do it tommorow and leave it and leave it and yeah it doesnt get done till last minute, i have no self discipline :wall:

and i watch too much sport sooo UH OH damn j00 man utd for dropping to second :x

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

or u could just get over it and not complain that u thought a virtual world was better then real life when you were younger. Obviously at the time you liked it.. so why the [bleep] look back at it when you don't like it.. it just makes that time a bad time. It's the worst thing you can do.

I also hate the fact that I lied to myself for two straight years, I told myself that I was gaining decision making skills and math skills. That was bologna and I knew but I didn't want to believe it.

Finally what have I gained from playing Runescape? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Wow.. because through playing runescape I have learned alot.

I've learned ALOT more about buisnesses (along lines of merchanting etc) and gotton me more involved into learning about buisness and economics.

Decision making skills.. yes.. you do learn them.. You're an idiot if you didn't learn ANYTHING about desision making skills in runescape.

Honestly either I learned alot, or I'm lying to myself and I bla bla whatever you said..

And yes there is more, but the main thing is learning merchanting and moneymaking from runescape has gotton me more into Buisness/moneymaking in real life, and given me a better perspective on alot of it.

By the way. Its a game.. it's played for fun. You just have to play it the right amount.. not go all hardcore. Nothing to regret.

You're still living the lie.

Darkmage, to be completely honest, You're an idiot.

How the hell is he living a lie by playing a freeking video game? Even though Runescape doesn't turn you into a genius by any means, you can't say it teaches you nothing. And please, explain how people are living a lie by playing runescape? Is it a lie when anyone does anything they enjoy?

I play basketball with my friends in my free time, is that a lie? Is going to sporting events and concerts a lie? Because the way you are explaining it, everything pleasurable in life is a lie...so to be honest, I'm sorry that you can't enjoy things without beleiving that it is a lie, but i hope that you eventually change you're frame of mind because you're life must be very depressing and dull with the way that you think.

2n55dy8pkhc7fw9.jpg

LEARN TO QUOTE OR GTFO.

1. To be completely honest, learn to read.

2. I said he was living the lie as in he is still justifying his time playing Runescape. He still thinks he is benefiting from playing Runescape. All that is an illusion.

3. What it teaches is less than a fraction of what you can learn by actively seeking knowledge

4. I am, by no means, bashing Runescape, but some people (in my opinion him and you) spend a lot of time playing a game and still think you are gaining from it. Just admit it, it's a useless time waster that you use for entertainment. Hopefully, stating that truth will help you realize what Runescape is. I see a lot of people in threads like these trying to justify playing Runescape and saying it helps them. This is WRONG.

Also, I have a link that might help you out in the long run Hope this helps.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Honestly, I hate being outside... period. It doesn't make much sense but it scares the crap out of me. I can't imagine this ever getting better, so I plan on killing myself when I turn 18. I realize my life is going nowhere fast. It won't matter in the end though. Nothing matters if you look at it on a large enough scale. Our lives are meaningless to the universe.

Are you serious? o.o

2480+ total

someone gets the point

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Not going to bother reading every reply like I normally do, but all I see from this post is the failure to take accountability for your decisions. Instead you blame a game.

These kinds of topics seem to surface more often then not. And really nothing has changed over the years. And it's the same with any game in general. Don't devote your life to it... that's the driving point. Yet parents and the children who eventually mature into adults blame the games and not themselves. It's even more so annoying when these topics come up, because no one seems to be learning from it.

A game doesn't prevent you from doing anything. And the game, especially Runescape, CAN be educational if you are creative enough. There isn't just the math aspects, but also there is literature and problem solving references in the game. Let's face it... no one holds a gun to your head to use quest guides, which can make significant quests that teach you something almost baseless and irrelevant.

Really, when it comes down to it... unless you have some sort of physical limitation... it's your fault. You created your own misery (if you want to look at it from a dramatic point).

And on a side note... welcoming flames like that is really just childish. You still have a lot more maturing to do. Stupid comments like that really take away from the topic. It was almost as unnecessary as the topic.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

The one thing that I am going to say is that anybody who has anything that they regret has failed to grasp something very important about the nature of existance. A great American philosopher named Charles Sanders Pierce wrote something very profound. "The [human] mind is a sign developing according to the laws of inference."

What Pierce means is that the thing that makes humans special is our ability to learn and grow in understanding. The idea hearkens back to how Aristotle opens his book of Metaphysics: "All human beings by nature desire to know." That is what we do, we learn and grow. And everything including childish video games are opportunities to learn and grow.

In fact, the only thing that it is really reasonable to be regretful about is failing to learn when there is an opportunity to do so, so I find myself wondering do you regret playing Runescape or do you regret not learning and growing as a result of playing Runescape?

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis

Dont joke about this.

This is the thread I needed. I may finally do my homework instead of jumping right into the chair and logging on to Runescape.

Saturday is now my day to hang out with friends.

But the thing is, I can't give up on Runescape, because my girlfriend and I talk primarily on the computer (since she is in high school and I'm only in eighth grade [and next year, I probably won't be going to her high school], so I don't see her much =[ ), since both of our parents are on the phones a lot and we don't have cells... And then sometimes, we can't think of anything to talk about, so I minimize the IM and play RuneScape while I think. It also gives me something to achieve, and I like to achieve. No other real reason to play a video game.

Anyway, I can't manage time. At all... And I procrastinate terribly... And I'm a good liar. Terrible combination if you ask me...

Hopefully I can break the habit. I'll pick up my guitar (either one), or even my flute (although, I barely practise flute playing), or ask people to hang out, or maybe practise martial arts some more (I teach it, I have to be good)... But anything to get me with my friends or doing some other fun hobby is just what I need. And I need more A's in school... My parents get mad even when I get B's on my report cards (I guess that's what I get for having an I.Q. over 140).

I'm not quitting RS, but instead, I'll play a bit more RL.

I don't regret RuneScape, but I do want to be with my friends more.

Why does every one i meet online have an iq over 140 when only 2 people i know in real life do..

And what martial arts?.

My I.Q. is actually over 140, or at least, last time I took a test for it it was, even though the testing system is flawed. It was a government test or something, but still...

And I did only Tae Kwon Do at first, but I also do a bit of other martial arts, such as karate, kung fu, capuera (I never learned how to spell that, it's a guess...), ninjutsu, and soon some kendo. Martial arts are my favourite activity. I spend tons of time practicing...

And it took me a while to reply because I didn't really expect anyone to quote me....

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

So you're a no-life that was addicted to an online game? Getting sucked away in an online game only has 1 word: Marginal.

emokitten.jpg

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Dont joke about this.

I'm not joking, it is the most logical way out.

What does this topic have to do with RS anyway?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

It brought you nothing, but in the end you're bound to die and lsoe everything. In the end, you might as well just do what is the most fun for you - keeping in mind that you don't want to be stuck on the street later on, unless you consider that fun. I'm sorry to hear that you regret it though. That's not a good feeling. :?

That's your opinion, alright, but I do have one thing to say...

In the last year that I have been Runescape-free I have picked up more constructive hobbies such as guitar, drums, reading, hanging out with RL friends, skateboarding, and dating.

You cant say those bolded activities be of better value than RuneScape: they're just hobbies. You'll probably gain nothing from playing drums so why do it? Catch me? The underlined ones are debatable to the wise-guy, which, I'll try not to do.

I beg to differ. Teaching the guitar and the drums, maybe make learning book for guitar, can make good money. Skateboarding can make good money if you're good at it, plus you can set up a skatebaording company - which wouldn't work very well without having an idea of skateboarding. OF course nothing matters in the end, but our lives are based on that.

While this may sound like the best way right now, you're only thinking about yourself. Think about the ones that love you. Yoour parents. Your friends. Your siblings. Do you know how much pain it causes to lose a loved one? I'm afraid we don't live in the kind of world where we could do that. Of course, they won't matter to you, because you'll be dead, but they will suffer. If anything, imagine the people from Tip.it.

800th post :)

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

And I did only Tae Kwon Do at first, but I also do a bit of other martial arts, such as karate, kung fu, capuera (I never learned how to spell that, it's a guess...), ninjutsu, and soon some kendo. Martial arts are my favourite activity. I spend tons of time practicing...

And it took me a while to reply because I didn't really expect anyone to quote me....

itf, wtf or rhee tae kwon do?, who was your instructer?.

Im an itf and rhee certified 2nd dan.

Iq tests are flawed btw, unless it was done by mensa i wouldnt trust it.

But as i said earlier if rs is the biggest regret of your life i say continue to play it, if thats the worst that happens you got off easy.

I(and my big brother) have been saying that I waste way too much of my life on this game. This crap's addicting... I'm just a sophomore, so I'm seriously going to try to cut back on how much I play this game. I'm sure that I play much more than three hours a day... I pretty much go to school, wrestling or football practice depending on the season, play runescape and sleep...

I honestly hope that some uncontrollable event like me getting hacked will shake me off of this game...but I know that I'm much to cautious/untrusting for that to happen...

I hope that I get bored of this game soon likde I did about 2 years ago...and I'm really regretting becoming a member now...

Well that's enough 3 consecutive periods for one post, and to all current RS players, have fun wasting however much of your life that you do on this game...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

you have to play runescape, not let runescape play you.

123yourgone...jagex is doing this because they care about the players and their game, so stfu.

What the hell are you talking about? Random post much? That had no relevence whatsoever to anything i said so YOU stfu.

I wasted grade 8 and pretty much all of grade 9 (the time period when I was really addicted). By June of 2007 I said **** with this and quit. Not wasting anymore time on something that won't help me in life. Sure it was fun when you were bored but it started to become an addicted to like 5 hours a day. Nobody should ever play that much, if you do please quit or play a few hours less.

Alot of good times, yes. But the time I spent on RS was put towards working out or something proactive imagen how different my life would be. I don't want to look back at my life/teenage years and only remember playing RuneScape every hour of the best days of my life. I forget what opened my eyes but it made me depressed and think about the time i've wasted. So glad that happened to me then and not today (like 6 months later).

I'm glad I moved on. My life feels so much richer, I feel better about myself and more confident. I'm starting to get better grades and less shy around people I don't know. Serious quit guys your life will feel so much better. Don't waste the best years of your life, you can't have them back. And you will wish you could have them back when your constantly work for a living. It's not too late.

(probably the best thing i've written ^ <3:)

Quit RuneScape :)