Runescape is the biggest regret of my life.

ice_ring

While this statement does sound dramatic, it is very true. As I look back on my high school career (I am now a senior) I am extremely depressed at what I see. I spent most of my freshman and sophomore years playing Runescape gaining nothing in the process. In the last year that I have been Runescape-free I have picked up more constructive hobbies such as guitar, drums, reading, hanging out with RL friends, skateboarding, and dating. I am mostly saddened at the fact that I could have begun these hobbies earlier in my life (mainly guitar, drums, and skateboarding) and been much better at them.

Another regret is the fact that I didn't do better at school. While I played Runescape nothing else mattered. While I did make straight A's, I was never involved. IN ANYTHING. Now when I fill out college transcripts what do I put down as leadership or volunteer work? I was leader of a monster killing team and gave some money to noobs, nope I don't think that would work out. I've missed out on sports and clubs all of which I believe would have made my life better.

I also hate the fact that I lied to myself for two straight years, I told myself that I was gaining decision making skills and math skills. That was bologna and I knew but I didn't want to believe it.

Finally what have I gained from playing Runescape? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. My main account was hacked, there goes the first three years (my junior high career) and I quit my second account (my high school career). Runescape has taught me nothing made me no friends, though I have many now that its out of my life.

In conclusion, though it is not any of my business what you do with your time, I would advise you to either quit Runescape or consider shortening the amount of time you play a day (I played about 3 hours a day btw and I regret it)

bring on the flames..

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha...try playing WoW. It won't be your highschool sucked away, it'll be your life.

But I know how you feel, same thing happened to me, grades 7-10 were wasted due to Runescape.

Rest in peace, Runescape. I'll miss PKing forever.

When i started playing (from 3 to about 55 combat )i played everday for at least 4-8 hours a day. I didnt spend much time with my mom dad and my girfriend(who i love dearly :oops:) and people in general. Then i decied that i would only play on the weekends and breaks during school. With me doing that my grades have gotten better, im a better trumpet player(top 100 in the state) and overall im a better person. Im not saying tis the biggest regret in my life, but sometimes i wonder what kind of person id be if i didnt play runescape.

-Haseo

EDIT: 500th post :D

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I just go on for like an hour or two maybe every few days. I remember I wasted my ENTIRE seventh grade summer just sitting inside clicking and clicking. And I had a beach front house too -.-

I stopped because I realized my priorities. School is the most important, then friends, then wrestling, and then free time. Just imagine yourself in 3 years, asking yourself "Wow I got pretty far in the game, but it didn't do anything to help me or make my life better."

oversized.jpg[/bads]

When i started playing (from 3 to about 55 combat )i played everday for at least 4-8 hours a day. I didnt spen much time with my mom dad and my girfriend(who i love dearly :oops:). Then i decied that i would only play on the weekends and breaks during school. With me doing that my grades have gotten better, im a better trumpet player(top 100 in the state) and overall im a better person. Im not saying tis the biggest regret in my life, but sometimes i wonder what kind of person id be if i didnt play runescape.

-Haseo

EDIT: 500th post :D

Mind me asking how long a time frame this was? No offense, but it seems you could reach 55 combat in well under a month playing with those hours.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

You're not even in college yet...trust me, you'll have bigger regrets in life. Like the time you'll wake up in an unknown place with a raging hangover, a 300lb woman in bed with you and a broomstick stuck in your [wagon]. Sure you'll try to convince yourself you fell down while sweeping but the regret comes in when the pictures hit the internet.

Everything in moderation....that's the key to life.

Regardless, if you put half the effort into your future endeavors as you did runescape, you'll be fine and rs will become less of a regret and more just a stage you went through.

from my 3 years of playing runescape, i've been able to balance RS, School (keeping a 3.0 average throughought, only the rest of my junior year and my senior year left), Boy Scouts, and a social life, including having a girlfriend. I also am learning the guitar. I play RS for 3-4 hours a day on a normal day, and i still find time to balance everything. I really don't see what caused you to slip downhill, but i can't relate to i, and i intend to keep playing for years to come

Watch me on Youtube

Current Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun

Future Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Golden Sun II: The Lost Age

Holier_Nx.png

sucks that it turned out that way for you, I use to play in excess but I've found a social life that I'm happy with. I only play alot sometimes when my friends are out of town and I'm not working (like this week), as soon as my friends come back in town you won't see me on much. I'm able to watch how much I play.

You're not even in college yet...trust me, you'll have bigger regrets in life. Like the time you'll wake up in an unknown place with a raging hangover, a 300lb woman in bed with you and a broomstick stuck in your [wagon]. Sure you'll try to convince yourself you fell down while sweeping but the regret comes in when the pictures hit the internet.

Everything in moderation....that's the key to life.

Regardless, if you put half the effort into your future endeavors as you did runescape, you'll be fine and rs will become less of a regret and more just a stage you went through.

Well said. There are much worse things in life. Imagine being a heroin addict - or a WoW addict. :ohnoes: And try not to think of it as a big mistake you made, and more just a "stage" you went through in life.

Rest in peace, Runescape. I'll miss PKing forever.

If I didn't play Runescape, I'd be wasting my time watching tv or playing console games, I prefer this. This is my free time, theres nothing else to fill it besides playing games.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

You have a great point, and I very much agree with you. When I left for 3 weeks of vacation and camps last summer and no computer at all...when I came back I realized how petty and useless RS was to my life and friends, family, and having REAL fun was what mattered. I've just now recently been getting on more often to look at the updates and stuff, but never will I become as addicted as I did last year.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Runescape is only a failure like that if you let it be. During my highschool I was part of the student council for 4 years, wrestled for 3 years, Have held a job every day since I was 16. Currently attending college and I live with the love of my life in my own apartment. And I have a character that has hold to alot of accomplishments some may just dream about or see impossible. A little determination and honestly just balance RL and Runescape.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

well i don't know about you, but i love runescape. i'm on it when i'm not with my friends or family. it keeps me pre-occupied. i'm not into sports, and i can't really play sports with intense running anyways because of some knee abnormality i inherited from my dad. sports like track and basketball seemed boring to me anyways. toss a ball through a hoop yay, run a lap yay, now do it 500 more times YEAH! no...

i doubt i'd ever regret playing runescape over hanging out with the rest of my high-school class, getting drunk, and getting thrown in jail. :P

starfox.jpg

Peppy: "Do a barrel roll!"

Fox: "That's your solution for everything..."

Peppy: "Just press Z or R twice!"

Fox: "No, Peppy..."

That's your opinion, alright, but I do have one thing to say...

In the last year that I have been Runescape-free I have picked up more constructive hobbies such as guitar, drums, reading, hanging out with RL friends, skateboarding, and dating.

You cant say those bolded activities be of better value than RuneScape: they're just hobbies. You'll probably gain nothing from playing drums so why do it? Catch me? The underlined ones are debatable to the wise-guy, which, I'll try not to do.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

well i don't know about you, but i love runescape. i'm on it when i'm not with my friends or family. it keeps me pre-occupied. i'm not into sports, and i can't really play sports with intense running anyways because of some knee abnormality i inherited from my dad. sports like track and basketball seemed boring to me anyways. toss a ball through a hoop yay, run a lap yay, now do it 500 more times YEAH! no...

i doubt i'd ever regret playing runescape over hanging out with the rest of my high-school class, getting drunk, and getting thrown in jail. :P

While Runescape has sucked away countless hours of my life (or lack thereof), I'd hardly say I regret it.

I've been working on my writing skills for years, starting out when I was still in elementary school, typing out short stories. Runescape has given me great inspiration on how to create a believable fantasy world, and I don't think I would've gotten the straight A's in my writing classes if it weren't for playing this game (this and the Elder Scrolls series)

As for hanging out with friends, I had very few friends irl (I imagine the standards I set were too high), considering the rest in my school were brainless morons who couldn't point out their own country on a labeled map. Those that I did have were always busy in school clubs, and other activities, and eventually most moved on to College.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

getting drunk, and getting thrown in jail. :P

:? now did I miss the part where he said he missed out on that?

suddenly we aren't aloud to share our own experiences. that's pretty much life in my town... :XD:

starfox.jpg

Peppy: "Do a barrel roll!"

Fox: "That's your solution for everything..."

Peppy: "Just press Z or R twice!"

Fox: "No, Peppy..."

I've thought about this too, but unfortunatly I can't find anything else to do with my time. I'm too far away from friends to hang out with them, i don't have enough money to aford a guitar or drum set (and i bet that would get boring after a while, i play piano a little bit and it gets boring), can't skateboard, no paved steets anywhere near me... reading i do enough as it is. I've been playing for 3 and a half years and havent yet found a more productive and funner way to spend my time. but if anyone else has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

That's your opinion, alright, but I do have one thing to say...

In the last year that I have been Runescape-free I have picked up more constructive hobbies such as guitar, drums, reading, hanging out with RL friends, skateboarding, and dating.

You cant say those bolded activities be of better value than RuneScape: they're just hobbies. You'll probably gain nothing from playing drums so why do it? Catch me? The underlined ones are debatable to the wise-guy, which, I'll try not to do.

Your able to someday make money off of those hobbies, which something he probably would like to do. You could be in a band headlining tours from playing guitar and drums. And from skateboarding you could be winning competitions such as the X Games and be sponsored. Also they're much better on the body seeing as your moving around, rather then sitting in one spot clicking away to earn items in a game that won't help you amount to anything.

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Sadly it isn't the fault of the game. It is definitely wise to balance out the various ways you spend your time. Do what you enjoy, but don't try too much of a good thing. Sure, all work and no play can make life dull.. but all play and no work isn't even life by my standards. I'm glad you've recently found some other hobbies that you enjoy. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png