��â�š���©SO, Your Not Copyrighted after-all eh?��â�š���©

Chippy_PK

ok since its first day of 2008 i wanted to see if jagex still had the 1999-2007 copyright and they do! look

This website and its contents are copyright ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâé 1999 - 2007 Jagex Ltd.

Use of this website is subject to our Terms+Conditions and Privacy policy

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

discusss

idk if they just havent gotten around to it but this means someone could just come and copy it lol.

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

ok dude, it's cool and all but it's also spam.

and to unspam. I gotta go write down in my diary that I lived since 1991-2008 0_o

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

ok since its first day of 2008 i wanted to see if jagex still had the 1999-2007 copyright and they do! look

This website and its contents are copyright ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâé 1999 - 2007 Jagex Ltd.

Use of this website is subject to our Terms+Conditions and Privacy policy

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

discusss

idk if they just havent gotten around to it but this means someone could just come and copy it lol.

Spam. It was also like that when the year 2007 came rolling around, it said

"This website and its contents are copyright ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâé 1999 - 2006 Jagex Ltd."

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Copyright is retained until 70 years after the death of it's creator, or untill sold for a cash value.

Jagex own copyright for a few years yet...

Copyright is different for each type of copyrighted thing.

Written music (score) copyright is 70 years yes i believe, although there are other rules like Hard recordings of music are copyrighted (CD's, records) are copyrighted for only 50; or something like that.

No doubt, game copyright is less long, because the game Shadowrun released in 1990's sometime was re-made in 2007 without any formal buying of copyright as far is know. So copyright on game names must be less long. HOwever game content copyright is probably much longer.

Well some discussion has come of spam :)

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Copyright is retained until 70 years after the death of it's creator, or untill sold for a cash value.

It depends on what is actually copywritten, but yeah. You do get the situation where the person who sang the song gets copyright for 50 years, the record label gets it for 70, but the person who actually wrote the song only gets it for 30.

But for a game like RS? I'm not sure of the software copyright laws in the UK. Especially as software is is weird, and it technically doesn't exist. All it is is a bunch of ones and zeros that a CPU can interpret to mean something else.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

But for a game like RS? I'm not sure of the software copyright laws in the UK. Especially as software is is weird, and it technically doesn't exist. All it is is a bunch of ones and zeros that a CPU can interpret to mean something else.

But for music? I'm not sure of the music copyright laws. Especially as music is weird, and it technically doesn't exist. All it is is a bunch of sounds strung together that your ear and brain can interpret to mean something else.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Written music (score) copyright is 70 years yes i believe, although there are other rules like Hard recordings of music are copyrighted (CD's, records) are copyrighted for only 50; or something like that.

No doubt, game copyright is less long, because the game Shadowrun released in 1990's sometime was re-made in 2007 without any formal buying of copyright as far is know. So copyright on game names must be less long. HOwever game content copyright is probably much longer.

My bad :P I am a designer so only really know in depth about copy law from that aspect....

But from that example you said.... 17 years sounds awfully familiar for patients on products (think of Hoovers) so maybe as a game is a product it may be 17 years......

either way there is no issue here, they just need to update.

sig2webzx7.jpg

My bad :P I am a designer so only really know in depth about copy law from that aspect....

But from that example you said.... 17 years sounds awfully familiar for patients on products (think of Hoovers) so maybe as a game is a product it may be 17 years......

:) no problem; but something i thoughtg i'd add:

Cliff Richard no longer gets royalties from some of his first songs because they were over 50 years ago :lol: , and he's still alive.

Anyone can plaguerise his work now. \' \'

Back on topic: NO-ones going to steal the copyright for runescape, Jagex just gotta udpdate the site.

But if someone did uby the copyright b4 jagex i would laugh :) especially when the theives got sued to hell.

img.cfm?img=41871

[hide]

[/hide]

Cliff Richard no longer gets royalties from some of his first songs because they were over 50 years ago :lol: , and he's still alive.

Back on topic: NO-ones going to steal the copyright for runescape, Jagex just gotta udpdate the site.

But if someone did uby the copyright b4 jagex i would laugh :) especially when the theives got sued to hell.

Hehe, and the beatles don't have copright on theirs either..... Michal Jackson Bought all the rights :P but thats getting kinda off topic now!

(in other news.... hey your from Preston! *waves from Bolton*)

sig2webzx7.jpg

[hide]

[/hide]

Hehe, and the beatles don't have copright on theirs either..... Michal Jackson Bought all the rights :P but thats getting kinda off topic now!

(in other news.... hey your from Preston! *waves from Bolton*)

Yep i definately see a hand in that direction :thumbsup:

img.cfm?img=41871

And I seem to remember some incident when a band(think they were heavy-metal) tried to copyright a string of 3 notes?

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Who the hell feels like renewing their copyright on New Years? They'll get that taken care of soon enough. End of.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.