sexist runescape!? but...but...but.....how?

mariomascot

as you all know, plateskirts are the same defense, offense, fense-fense, as plate legs. correct me if im wrong. yet, the cost less, and only girls can wear them, correct me if im wrong again. doesnt that link to a sexist runescape?

does it not view that girls cant make as much money as boys? does it view that they intend runescape to be harder for males than females?

i'd like opinions please.

im a man myself, i just lie to think about these things.

....im not crazy, im just a little.....cut off from the sane world.......

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd buy and wear the skirt, and I'm a guy. Why? Cheaper and the same defence. Either spend the extra cash or suck up your pride and wear the skirt.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

You know what? I am very pround to sport a man skirt. Both dragon and veracs. And never have I been made fun of. Now i do think all of the other skirts rune and below do look a bit strange on male characters, but i wouldn't make fun of them.

Now like it has been stated before, it is players who base the prices. I think that this whole situation is not saying that women can not make as much money. I actually think half the women players in this game have more money than me. ( not really) But seriously, there is nothing wrong with skirts or their price differences.

Qp cape achieved 2/17/08, 99 strength achieved 7/8/09, 99 attack achieved 5/28/10, 99 hitpoints achieved 8/22/10

Rskellington.png

i got to say this!

dragon skirt for the f****** win!! :thumbsup:

why waste 1m on legs? when you can can get 2/3 of a whip for the money ot wasted that? :-k

so thats why i only wear dragon skirt even though i can afford dragon legs ::'

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I don't really think that the price portrays anything about them, because the price is set by supply and demand. So that part of your theory is trashed, but the part about poeple playing as women just so they won't be made fun of is quite apparent, my bro and his friends all do this. why? i have no idea, i sometimes wear skirts in clan wars so i can faster, but ussually ill buy the legs just cuz they look cooler.

I think poeple play as women so they can wear them respectably, is because everyone is always judging themselves.

sigcopyfe9.jpg

Click the sig to visit my RS blog

It isn't sexism. The reason they are less exspensive is purely because more men play runescape then women. Therefore legs have far more demand then skirts. Saying its sexist is like saying its sexist for men to not want to wear skirts.

signature.png

The only reason the skirts cost less is because there is a lower demand for them. I, myself, wear the plateskirts (I am a guy) simply because I like the look of it for some reason. Although I don't get many insults because of it, mostly just people asking why I don't use platelegs instead.

I own 3 d skirts. Yet I get noone making fun of me maybe its because I am a higher combat than they are.

As for sexism in RS, its apparent there is but not with this aspect of the game. However there is sexism all around you. Not to sounds like a Feminist, but it is harder for women to do just about anything in this world than men and be successful with it. (other than traditional women roles or jobs) The glass ceiling is still there on higher paying jobs but I believe its ignored by most as men control the ceiling itself, in actuality.

Thats getting off topic though.

I always suggest to people I see wearing d legs to buy a d skirt since its cheaper and lighter with the same def stats. Those who keep there legs usually are the ones that enjoy the looks more or got the legs as a drop so it was free either way.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

I wear the skirt instead of legs also. I am a male. I don't have any problem with it. If I lose them, I am not out that much, and they are the same statistically as the legs.

To me, it is a no brainer same item just cheaper.

felter_laur.png

does it not view that girls cant make as much money as boys? does it view that they intend runescape to be harder for males than females?

Wow, I've never seen such bad explanations :lol:

It's just supply and demand.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

i got to say this!

dragon skirt for the f****** win!! :thumbsup:

why waste 1m on legs? when you can can get 2/3 of a whip for the money ot wasted that? :-k

so thats why i only wear dragon skirt even though i can afford dragon legs ::'

This would be my reason for wearing d skirt instead of d legs. It's NOT sexist.

rho421.png

Now as I'm a girl the first thing i am going to say is i am SICK of these threads.

The only reason skirts are cheaper is because the demand for them is less. It has nothing to do with Jagex or anything. Not even the players. As a girl i prefer legs to skirts based solely on i think they look better. But hey that's just me after all.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

i see what you guys and girls are saying.

i guess i thought that because thats shoved down my throat where i live. everyone who plays runescape talks about those stuff like "guys play runescapee, 90 percent of girls are guys, plateskirts are sexist," that kind of stuff. i see where you all are coming from and have had the light brought upon me. now, on to religion!

j/k

....im not crazy, im just a little.....cut off from the sane world.......

• 5 months later...