~The Origin Of Slayer!~

Yuip6732

~WARNING HEAVY SPOILERS!~

Was just exploring the new Smokey Well dungeon with my friend from the quest Smoking Kills, and in the middle room in the basement with abby spectres (WHICH ARE NOT AGGRESSIVE) I found an ancient machine... The middle part is "Incomprehensible Machinery" which has the examine info "Its workings are beyond your understandings" and it looks like a chained up portal between 2 pillers that have ancient writing on them. Then on these two huge pillars named Machinery the examine info is "A machine possibly used to make monsters." Also surrounding it is 4 [bleep]y pillars that have ancient scriptures on them. It all fits together... There's even a Summoning Obelisk there pulsing with red energy, as if blood!

Also, if you didn't figure it out already, Sumona is the Devourer from Itchlarian's little helper, try talking to her with a cat out, she'll shun you away. She also has red eyes, and examine info = She radiates unnatural power. If shes Itchlarian, that means shes a goddess of darkness.. which is more evidence to that ancient machine being able to create slayer monsters...

ALSO! If you speak to the Ghost of the slain slayer master in the well after the quest, says that Sumona slayed him

The reason that in the quest that Itchlarian supposedly had a sister was because the sister was her, watching you, expecting you to fail. The reason she assigns you her own monsters she makes in the dungeon is so hopefully you will die on them, just like Cotolax.

Also Ali Cat near the well has some interesting things to say after the quest...

The evidence is all there..

~Yuip

~Proud Quest Cape Owner

~Proud Owner of 3 SkillCapes

~Played for 5 years

Check this thread out on the Official RuneScape Forums!

QFC: 15-16-926-56817928

Yuip6732.png

awesome, hopefully this stroyline will progress, we could do with a few more slayer quests imo

possibly new summoning/slayer creatures in the future to?

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

That sort of fits together, it makes sense. The question is why were slayer creatures created? If we're continuing with this lore.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

Oo, a portal, I'm invisioning....SLAYER CONTROL!!!!!!!!!

THE ULTIMATE SOURCE OF FAST SLAYER EXP BY WHACKING A PORTAL ENDLESSLY!!!!!!

rofl that would be funny

as for the topic, its plausible, but there needs to be more than circumstantial evidence for me to believe it 100%

Really makes you wonder how awesome Runescape was before fourth age...

I mean, to be able to create so many monsters that inhabit the Slayer Areas of Runescape? That requries mad skill!

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

Hmm very good evidence there and a good conclusion, i cant wait to see how jagex will play this out.

Can anyone get a screenshot of that portal and the area in the new dungeon?

:)

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

The Devourer is the god of Destruction, and Itchlarin is the god of Death. Neither are evil. And, after calling Sumona the Devourer, you call her Itchlarin. Other than that - it all makes sense! But not as the origin of slayer altogether... Abyssal Demons are Zamorakian, for example.

Wow. :shock: I never would of made any of those connections. That's awesome. :D I hope the storyline progresses. :) Slayer is my favourite skill! However I'm not such a fan of the desert ones. xD They'll be better now though with the enchanted water tiara I guess.

Anywho... :? I hope the storyline progresses. :)

Blakdragon39.png

There's even a Summoning Obelisk there pulsing with red energy, as if blood!

I say we've found our next Summoning update. :lol:

Nice to know, once you think about it. (Seeing as I haven't done the quest yet, I won't make any ultimate say about this.)

Need a new signature....perhaps...

The Obelisk is a warp portal to another dimension, like the Frozen Door in GWD. These two paths lead to the DARK TOWER, where you must fight the Crimson King, aka ANDREW GOWER :ohnoes: After you reach the top of the Dark Tower, fate grabs you and throws you back into the desert, where you must repeat your journey for the Dark Tower again, and find Walter at the other side of the Great Gorge of DOOM.