Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

I cannot stand Pokemon.

I have to ask you guys, why do you like it so much? (I'm not trying to troll, I'm just curious why people like it)

No one cares about the games anymore. The 8 gym thing is done and gone. Its the metagame, and all the complex procedures required to make a worthy team (Breeding, IV, EV, etc) that makes the games appealing towards the competitive field. Only kids think Pocket Monsters is kiddy. :shame:

Pokémon Platinum does bring some interesting changes to the competitive metagame. Some moves have been changed (Hypnosis accuracy dropped to 60%), there are some new level up moves (Nasty Plot Darkrai) and a whole host of new move tutors.

To be honest, both your Electivire and Milotic have horrible movesets.

You should try to avoid ever using two moves of the same type, with few exceptions. Unfortunately, without breeding you have quite a limited movepool.

Electivire

Thunderbolt, Thunderpunch, Thunder. If you haven't EV trained, you may consider taking both T-Bolt and T-Punch. Electivire has a fairly limited movepool if you don't consider egg moves.

Consider,

Thunderbolt

Thunderpunch

Brick Break

Earthquake

If you're willing to rebreed,

Thunderbolt / Thunderpunch

Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Earthquake

Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Earthquake

Cross Chop

A similar situation applies to Milotic. Milotic is actually better as a defensive Pokemon, so loading a bunch of attack moves onto it is unwise.

If you're not willing to rebreed,

Surf / Hydropump

Ice Beam

Toxic / If you're lucky enough, HP Electric 70

Recover

Rest

Sleep Talk

Surf

Ice Beam

If you ARE willing to rebreed,

Surf

Ice Beam / HP Electric 70

Hypnosis / Mirror Coat

Recover

• 3 weeks later...

What has everyone been doing lately in your games? I have been trying to get a good team planned for a saphire playthrough, but whenever I find a team that might work, I find that the saphire movesets suck #-o . So no training nincada really, shedinja and ninjask arn't very useful (except ninjask as a baton passer). Lotad would be useful if I could get a rain dance + fake out ludicolo, but alas, I can't (plus lotad learns rain dance at like level 44...... a long wait if I dont have a tm) Aron will probably be useful, but it takes forever to learn double edge/take down (cant remember which one it was) so it doesn't get useful for a while.

Any suggestions on pokemon I should train? I started with torchic.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Gyarados @ Life Orb

Adamant, 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

- Waterfall

- Ice Fang

- Earthquake / Outrage

- Dragon Dance

Starmie @ Life Orb / Choice Specs / Choice Scarf

Timid, 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

- Surf

- Thunderbolt

- Ice Beam

- Grass Knot / Energy Ball / Psychic

• 3 weeks later...

Ah.

I read up on platinum - it's like Emerald, a re-release with a few tweaks on the previous 2.

Does this mean you can catch all pokemon whether or not they're in D/P? (Stunky, Glameow, Murkrow, Misdreveous*, etc)

Any more possible info plawks?

oh and erm,

Shall I start playing ma pokeymans again? :D

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• 1 month later...
During the main game the only other fire type is Ponyta. If you want Turtwig, just use that.

Oh really? Wow I never realised! Anyways Piplup is the way to go. My Empoleon could solo the Elite Four at level 65.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Depends what you will catch for the first 3 gym battles.

Knowing that your started can own 2/3 the leaders.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Pokeventures

There is the thread. It has been inactive, so it was probably on the 5th or 6th page.

I had to use Rapidash as my fire type. They really need to up the number of fire types in the game, since we dont have much to choose from.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Platinum adds Flareon, Houndour/doom, and the Magmar line, apparently. Plus, there's whatever you can catch with GB inserts (Growlithe, Vulpix).

They need to make fewer water types and more fire, I think. Then again, ones like Groudon and Solrock should have been fire-based, I think. Fortunately, enough Pokemon can learn fire attacks...