Misunderstood Monsters: Wyverns and more!

Erichermit

I'd have to say wearing Karils helped alot. The magic attack hit less than it did when I wore Bandos and DFS. So I'd go with Karil top,DFS,Verac skirt because I got hit way less and got my kills per trip.

I'll post some setup pictures in a bit I am going to school now.

Nope. I got hit wayyyy less with a Barrows top.(Personal testing... plus, they don't have a mage attack. Breath can't be reduced, or negated with armor.)

Where on gods green earth do you think you can tell me what I have seen when I did them? The nerve I swear. I killed 100 of these 50 with bandos 50 without. With Karils top+verac skirt it took me 2 trips with Bandos it took me 2.75 trips. Karils top+Veracs skirt got hit 8's and 9's when it used Magic and Bandos got hit 10+ almost everytime. I used the same inv and the same weapons each time. I said I had better results with Karils top+verac bottom than I did with Bandos. Don't say I didn't again realy... :wall:

Heres my Bandos outfit if anyone was wondering

slayeroutfit2oe4.png

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say wearing Karils helped alot. The magic attack hit less than it did when I wore Bandos and DFS. So I'd go with Karil top,DFS,Verac skirt because I got hit way less and got my kills per trip.

Nope. I got hit wayyyy less with a Barrows top.(Personal testing... plus, they don't have a mage attack. Breath can't be reduced, or negated with armor.)

Where on gods green earth do you think you can tell me what I have seen when I did them? The nerve I swear. I killed 100 of these 50 with bandos 50 without. With Karils top+verac skirt it took me 2 trips with Bandos it took me 2.75 trips. Karils top+Veracs skirt got hit 8's and 9's when it used Magic and Bandos got hit 10+ almost everytime. I used the same inv and the same weapons each time. I said I had better results with Karils top+verac bottom than I did with Bandos. Don't say I didn't again realy... :wall:

But they don't attack with magic. You just had some (bad) luck. It's impossible for Karil's to be better, unless you have a good explanation. I've done some testing a while back, and found that Karils does much less than Barrows.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

But they don't attack with magic. You just had some (bad) luck. It's impossible for Karil's to be better, unless you have a good explanation. I've done some testing a while back, and found that Karils does much less than Barrows.

The fact that you are screaming they don't attack with magic has no hard evidence either. You can't pray against everything and have it hit 0's. So until I see Jagex sau there isn't a Magic attack I'll be using a Karils top. Also again I ask where is your right to tell me I'm wrong?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Well ok but still it's not cool to accuss anyone of something unless you have some evidence.

Eric just consider these bumps :mrgreen:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

I know enough of this to get by ;) .

3 things and starting on a guide iiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssnnntttt the best idea. Especially when they're slayer monsters and actually fought by people at one time or another atleast.

I was expecting some things noone ever has killed before tbh.

2/10 :shame:

I wrote this guide back when Wyverns were only assigned be Chaeldar, and were so rare of a task it didn't matter, and nobody visited them anyway. Since the inclusion of Wyverns to Duradel's task list, many people skipped or did not how to go about killing Wyverns. This guide has proved very valuable to those people.

Turoths back then were also very often skipped and hated, this was before the release of the leaf bladed sword, the release of which made them a much more acceptable task. The guide is a bit archaic since the release of that sword, but I see no reason to remove it.

Terrorbirds are also still hated by the less knowledgeable of slayers, and hopefully gonpost's guide will educate them.

I'm sorry you didn't appreciate your guide, and while I'm open to criticism, I don't think I picked bad monsters to write about.

@Inuashakent and Master Smither: I like this debate a lot, personally, as I am still unsure as to whether bringing Karils is worth it. What I've gathered from other people's experience, however, is that Bandos Armor tends to be the best way to about killing them. To me it felt like I was better protected against their breath by the Karils top and barrows bottom combo vs. the Barrows Melee top and barrows melee bottom, but it could easily be due to luck and I admit I didn't really try the barrow melee top to get a good enough feel for it. Thanks for the bumps too by the way ;)

---------------------------

Also, I'd like to take this chance to address some replies I forgot to read a while back.

@romu000: You're very welcome, I'm always happy to find that people enjoy my guide =)

@Eagle Tas: Yeah, I know my guide has a very "wall of text" feel to it, I'll to work on it more in the future.

@pirate felix: The main problem I can see with that is that I can't wear full void down there though. Chaos Tunnels looks promising though.

@ilovecardj: You have lots of good advice in there and I'll be sure to incorporate it when I revise the guide ever so slightly. I disagree with the no spec weapon though.

@Natedoggygog: Yeah, I love that terrorbird guide too! =) I'm so happy Gonpost wrote and donated it. Goraks also are a good candidate, I believe. I remember a while back I killed one (for my first dragon drop too, a shield half) and found them pretty fun. Unfortunately Im not sure if half keys and gems are worth the effort they take, so testing will be neccesary.

@Patson: There are lots of new safespots, but I haven't been in the Slayer Cave since the update. There are screenshots in the topic posted by other uses that show new safespots, however.

@kent(again lol): You're very welcome. I feel pretty honored to have been able to be a help to a knowledgeable person such as yourself and be compared to Zarfot's guide. Thank You!

@t3h: You lucky jerk! =P I killed 2500+ without earning a visage, so unfair! Oh well, Congratulations ;)

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Rly?

Kent is stupid. Tell me the statistics if most people skip them :P /tellingkenthesahypocrite.

I had them blocked 'till I read this guide, I used to hate them now I don't mind them. Plus please point out how else we are meant to know how to kill these efficiently if theres no guide on them. 10/10 Love the guide, and its lay out, TL;DR is a load of [cabbage] in my opinion, I prefer detail such as you've given.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Ok Aussie.

Read a bestiary on what to wear, and then work it out yourself, like the OP did. -.-

Still only 3 monsters in a guide :|

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I noticed how you said to use an Elf crystal. I would recommend against this. What's wrong with a House tablet? You can teleport to Edgeville using a mounted glory, recharge your prayer, all within 5 steps of eachother. Don't got the level? Raise it. You only need 45 for the oak altar, and I think around 50 for the glory...

If you don't want to raise it, you might want to edit that. You make it sound as if the Elf crystal is close to as good as it. Plus, you can buy the house teleports for a measly 1k. Elf crystals cost 500 gp + alot of time.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Yeah, I've always known Elf Crystals weren't really worth it, but I still can't be bothered to add an altar to my house because Im not sure where I want it. =P Also, I like teleporting to Lleyta to grow the fruit tree patch there whenever I pass by.

I'm aware it's much less efficient than the house teleport and I noted in my guide that any one click tele is usable. I didn't realize I made it seem like the elf crystal is the best choice though, I'll fix that right now. Thank you.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

nice guide but use broad bolts now with rune c'bow and zammy book.

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to announce I've added a new guide, Cave Slime. Im a bit overdue for it.

I'll also be cleaning the guide up in the future to update equipment.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

The beginning of the guide talks about that. When I started writing the guide (It took me a long time to get this done), Cave Slimes were very underrated. They were discovered and made popular before I was able to release my guide.

I didn't want it to go to waste so I decided to publish it anyway. Sorry that Cave Slimes weren't as interesting as Wyverns or Terrorbirds.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

It'll be a while before I release another guide but Im considering Scabarites, Black Demons, Warped Tortoises, and Brine Rats at the moment.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Brine rats aren't that hard to kill, although they're ignored by most slayer masters(as in I've only been given 1 brine rat task).Neither are black demons, people kill them in CT most of the time, so you're left with either scarabites or warped tortoises.

Yes! Yes!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: AOW!!!!!

I never thought I'd be able to make a guide this good lol. Especially not my first one O_O.

Coincidentally don't expect a new addition to the guide for quite some time as I've recently fallen out of Runescape and into Game Design. I hope to finish Enex2 and then go back to Runescape, which will include more guides.

Thank you for the support and the readings everybody.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg