Misunderstood Monsters: Wyverns and more!

Erichermit

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll never be completed because it is an ever advancing guide. It's actually four guides in one, which means it's completed four times over. Eventually it'll contain 5 guides. Then 6. etc. etc.

Misunderstood Monsters is not itself a guide, but rather like.. a bookshelf where the books on it are standalone guides.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

For melee I prefer to bring Proselyte as they hit high on me without protect from melee, another guide I read said anti-fire potions and magic defence don't make any difference:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Skeletal_Wyvern

With my 80 melee stats and without a unicorn/bunyip I'm finding it hard to kill more than 10 a trip really, not sure if they're worth doing.

Not looked at the other monsters yet though.

imagangster.png

Standing outside doesn't make them unaggressive. I stood outside for 15-20 minutes and they're still aggressive.

They FINALLY become unaggressive when I sat in there killing them for another 15-20 minutes.

Either Jagex changed something or one of us is at fault here. :wall:

soulthresher.png

Someone has checked it before for me and it worked just fine. Are you sure you stood in the correct spot? Only ONE square is a correct spot.

Granted it was probably a glitch and it's possible that Jagex removed it.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Fantastic Guide! :thumbup: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

I would have never considered Turoths being a good monster to train on.... I always veiwed them as a pain in the butt task :oops:

[spoiler=Goals]GeneralTedd.png

GeneralTedd.pngGeneralTedd.png

[] 30m

[] Chaotic Rapier

[] Chaotic Crossbow

[] Chaotic Kiteshield

[] 50m

[] D Claws

hey, on warped terrorbirds, i think that earmuffs do reduce the dmg of their range attack. i remember when i did the quest it could hit 40's on me without it. when i went to do my task of them, their range attack hit a paltry 2 max (with slayer helm) lol. (i let several of them hit me) however the attack is still quite accurate, so it still a good idea to pray on them if several ore attacking you. one more thing that i noticed, if they are ranging you over an obstacle, if you turn on range pray they try to melee you. why is this important? because while they try to melee you over the obstacle, they wont range you anymore! so you can just flash range pray and when they get stuck, turn it off.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to this guide, I tried the warped terrorbirds before skipping them. As a result, I have one thing to say to you...

Thanks! As you noted, they're not actually a bad task at all. Ended up 200k richer, minus the cost of 9 pray pots and 2 bunyips, so ~120k profit if I had to guess, and good xp as well. They're still not one of my top 5 tasks, but they're not going to be skipped often. :D

Bender! Bender!!! Have you seen my sombrero?

• 4 weeks later...
hey, on warped terrorbirds, i think that earmuffs do reduce the dmg of their range attack. i remember when i did the quest it could hit 40's on me without it. when i went to do my task of them, their range attack hit a paltry 2 max (with slayer helm) lol. (i let several of them hit me) however the attack is still quite accurate, so it still a good idea to pray on them if several ore attacking you. one more thing that i noticed, if they are ranging you over an obstacle, if you turn on range pray they try to melee you. why is this important? because while they try to melee you over the obstacle, they wont range you anymore! so you can just flash range pray and when they get stuck, turn it off.

Yeah. The slayer helm really makes the difference when killing those birds. Your prayer flash things to stop the tag-teaming birds is very astonishing, and helpful!

I'll edit it into the post in a moment. Thank you!

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

I yeah , I absolutely adore the enchanted excalibur. I bring it with me on every slayer task, it helps on terrorbirds by leaps and bounds too.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Erichermit, I may comment on how i do my terrorbirds tasks at some later point but right now I'm on a laptop...so yeah later...and I think it's better than the way you have currently mentioned cuz standing between those two squares is a really small space.

Terrorbirds are really win tho, like 250k+ per task.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

Actually I don't do my terrorbirds like in that guide either. I now wear full bandos + dfs, use excalibur+ spec to heal me, and bring a fire titan. I can do it all in one trip without banking.

I kill them in the hallway where there are 2 birds and 1 tortoise, and kill one while the other spawns. I use no prayer and the use of a slayer helmet really decreases damage from that range attack.

I actually didn't write that terrorbird guide though. It's by Gonpost.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

At 86 attack, 85 strength, 81 defense using:

Black Mask

Fighter Torso

Rune Platelegs

Dragon Boots

Obby Cape

Rune Defender

Leaf Bladed Sword

I absolutely rip through Turoths, no problem. And hardly get hit. I usually only eat monks to make space for drops.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Yeah, damage isnt really a problem once you can use a shield with em, they hit pretty hard on spear in the past though, I found.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Actually I don't do my terrorbirds like in that guide either. I now wear full bandos + dfs, use excalibur+ spec to heal me, and bring a fire titan. I can do it all in one trip without banking.

I kill them in the hallway where there are 2 birds and 1 tortoise, and kill one while the other spawns. I use no prayer and the use of a slayer helmet really decreases damage from that range attack.

I actually didn't write that terrorbird guide though. It's by Gonpost.

Where I go is the at the very far east end of the first part by the ladder, which I think is the ladder before where you go. Anyways, my spot has a 2 square safespot that is completely immune to any forms of attack if you have range pray on so it allows you to have a small breather. I think I might take a few screenshots and MSPaint them a bit to show just exactly what I mean but I like the spot.

I use 2 prayer pots and fally tower shield, 4 pineapple pizzas, no summon, and SGS specs each trip I make which results in about 50-60 kills. They drop enough mithril plates and addy ores to the point where I bank 3 times and restore my prayer after each trip and then go back. Takes 2 hours for a task but it minimizes cost of prayer potions by restoring it 2-3 times during a task and also maximizes profit by picking up all the addy ores and mith plates.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

• 2 weeks later...
Nice guide, never knew some of the stuff in it.

If you're looking for a new misunderstood monster, you could do Ice trolls? You can cannon them with profit, and they drop a lot of rune kites.

That's not really misunderstood. People don't hate killing Ice Trolls, they just never think of doing it. Either way, it's been done by Qeltar, so that means there's not really any point in repeating that. ;)

I still say you need to do a guide on Gargoyles. :evil:

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+